It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

musings on bigfoot's elusiveness

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsneedsGuitars

You do know they've been seen rummaging through garbage cans and dumpsters, right?

They also eat rats and carrion.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: reject
a reply to: MarsneedsGuitars

You do know they've been seen rummaging through garbage cans and dumpsters, right?

They also eat rats and carrion.

What’s your point?

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Was going through some more Class A reports and was amazed at how much closer into human-populated areas the 'Big Guy' is being noticed/observed like the one from below.
Best friends recall watching their dirt bike being canvassed by a hairy biped while camping at Lake Mills

Report # 37304 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Monday, November 12, 2012.
YEAR: 1972

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

DATE: 29

STATE: Florida

COUNTY: Seminole County

LOCATION DETAILS: Hwy 50 to Hwy 419 , approx. 6 miles to Chuluota

NEAREST TOWN: Chuluota

NEAREST ROAD: HWY.419

OBSERVED: In summer of 1972 , my friend and I decided to camp out by Lake Mills. The site we chose was about 100 yards from the lake off the dirt road that went around the lake. Someone had cut down some pine trees and nailed two sheets of plywood to them about three feet off the ground. We drove our supplies out in my dad's car and went back to my house before the sun set we rode my 1972 Honda 350 to the site. We had a large fire pit about 4 feet across and we had a big fire going. The structure was about 20 feet from the fire and my motorcycle was parked on the center stand another 15 feet to the other side of the fire. We stayed up quite late cooking, listening to the radio and talking. We stoked the fire up and went to bed around 2:00 A.M.. At approx. 4:00 A.M. I was awakened to the sounds of sticks breaking and brush being moved. Approx. 40 feet to my right a creature came right out of the brush and walked right over to my bike. The seat was approx. 32 inches off the ground and this creature started to gently touch the bike. Its chest was 2 feet above the seat as it was bent over the bike. I covered my friend's mouth with my hand and held the back of his head so he would not blurt out. I shook him and said look, look. I took my hand off his mouth and he said what the hell is it. I said I don't know, but as soon as it leaves we are getting the hell out of here. I was whispering when I woke him because I did not want it to come after me. When it finished touching the bike it stood up and walked straight off through thick brush. Branches were snapping and it just pushed growth aside like it was nothing. We waited about 10 minutes then snuck over to the bike, took it off the stand and I hit the starter and we were gone. My dad was furious that I had left his stuff and demanded we go get it. We drove my dad's car back to get the stuff but I would not get out of the car. I turned on the high beams and my friend got the stuff. I was terrified by this event. I to this day am reluctant to camp out. I still live in Florida and even when I am out at night in my yard relive that fear. The creature was covered in a slightly reddish brown fur and I would estimate it was 8 feet tall Approx.

ALSO NOTICED: Sticks snapping and brush being moved before and after the sighting.

OTHER WITNESSES: 1, we were sleeping.

OTHER STORIES: Not that I can recall.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: night, no moon, large fire, clear skies, no background light from town.

ENVIRONMENT: Alternating Hammock, woods, wetlands/swamp around the lake, lots of feeder creeks.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator R. Monteith:

This happened in the late summer of 1972. The exact date is not known, but believed to have happened in July.

The area at that time was rural countryside (still is somewhat). It was mostly cypress trees, orange groves, sparsely populated and undeveloped. The men were sixteen that summer, and decided to camp near the lake on that summer night.

Witness #1’s father drove the camping gear to the site along with his friend, and dropped them off while he rode his dirt bike. The boys set up their camp. They noticed that someone had cut down six cypress trees and had placed a board over the stumps. It had been used as a table, but the boys decided to put their sleeping bags under it as it gave them a “fortish” shelter.

They spent the entire day riding the bike through the dirt trails around the lake. At times they rode single or double on the bike.

When it got dark, they setup a camp fire, cooked hotdogs and went to sleep around 2 am. The fire was between the sleeping bags and the motorcycle. They built it up before they turned in.

Around 3 or 4 am, Witness #1 was awakened by loud snapping and cracking of something heavy walking toward the camp. He noticed the flames of the fire were still a foot or more high. He looked toward the sound waiting to see what animal could possibly be making that noise. From the east, thirty feet away in the palmetto scrub he watched a tall, hairy biped effortlessly part the branches and walk into camp. It was on the other side of the fire near the motorcycle. It never looked his way and walked right up to the bike.

He propped himself up to see better. He remembers its chest was two feet taller than the seat of the cycle. It stood stooped over examining the bike and began to smoothly touch the handle bars, the tank, and the seat with both hands as if it was trying to figure out what the bike was.

The witness then quietly woke up his friend, and whispered for him to look. The bigfoot continued to ignore them. It seemed to be about 8 feet tall, mostly brown in color with red highlights. It had a heavy build, and was broad shouldered. After a few minutes of gently touching the bike all over the sasquatch walked away parting the palmettos just as it had earlier, this time heading west. It made just as much noise walking away as it had coming into the camp.

The boys think they waited a few minutes and bolted for the bike and left, leaving all the camping gear in place. When they got home in the early morning and explained why they had left, Witness #1’s father was livid. He made them go back in his car and get their things. They drove back with the high beams on. Witness #1 made Witness #2 go pack up while he stayed in the car with the engine running and made a lot of noise.

More description of the creature: It was overall very furry, the hair covered its entire body. When asked to describe more facial details the witness claimed, “Don’t laugh, but it looked like Chewbacca more than anything else.” The head was not conical. For most of the encounter the creature was facing sideways. It had more hair on its face than a human, and they couldn’t see its ear. There was no smell.

The encounter has left them both pretty scared. One of them has only camped once since that night. Witness #2 confirms the hairy biped they both saw, however refuses to say it was a bigfoot. He doesn’t know what he saw; it just wasn’t human or any known animal.

The place they camped is now a park.

Witness #1 is a retired manager of a national drug store franchise and is extremely credible. Witness #2 is still his best friend.

I imagine the sasquatch watched the teens that day ride the bike all over the trails. It probably had a hard time trying to figure out what the bike was. When the boys went to sleep its curiosity over took him and it had to check out the motorcycle. The fact that it was not stealthy in its examination may have been to see if it could intimidate the humans or the motorcycle as it tried to figure out exactly what the motorcycle was.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous
" As it slowly walked, they watched it turn its head and make a scream like a wolf/coyote howl."

This means that any recording where people are sure they are hearing those 4 legged animals, they may actually be hearing a Bigfoot imitating them.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous
" As it slowly walked, they watched it turn its head and make a scream like a wolf/coyote howl."

This means that any recording where people are sure they are hearing those 4 legged animals, they may actually be hearing a Bigfoot imitating them.

I have a difficult time with believing they are the great mimics that we hear about, but with as many reports and anecdotal accounts about a huge hairy Biped imitating wildlife, it's something you have to in the least factor in.

Although in my opinion the greatest of mimics is the Lyre Bird (scroll to 1:20)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I forgot to mention the original purebred Bigfoot had to have eyeshine because today's sightings usually report orange red eyes in the dark.

I don't know of any monkeys that have eyeshine. DO YOU?

However, I have seen chimps and gorillas that come close to this eye color.

There's always something I forget but I think that's just all I have on Bigfoot.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: reject

I don't know of any monkeys that have eyeshine. DO YOU?

I think thats because they lack the Tapetum Lucidum tissue right behind the retina. Sometimes referred to the eyeshine phenomena, it's catches and reflects light (Flashlite, Camera-flash, car headlites, etc).

But as far as I know only one distant relative in the primate family has that ability the genus Nycticebus. You may know one of the species as it was featured on YouTube awhile back. "Slow Lorises" are a group of species of nocturnal strepsirrhine primates .

Slow loris - Wiki

But here's the reality of the poor creature with such huge eyes..

edit on 1/22/2020 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Typos..

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Of all thyese sightings out there has there ever been one where Bigfoot have been withnessed

1 Making love
2 Giving birth
3 Grown ups being seen with children bigfoot

These are all important signals that Bigfoot is native to this Planet................... Or is from somewhere else

Here's a sighting of 'squatch mother and child.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Nice one Look's.... This bit is nice

"Sasquatch was observed. It had a lighter colored smaller one with it and it was later deduced that the large one was intermittently nursing the younger one. Then they were seen moving, both across a field, and along a road."

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

After they left – the witnesses went to the place and observed crushed dry grass, very large stride traces of foot prints in the dry terrain and were surprise by the remarkable scale of vegetation versus the clear views of these bipeds.

The vegetation must have been much higher than they were expecting, meaning the bipeds were much larger than they thought they looked.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Well, not all of them are 7 footers.

Their size varies greatly.

From thinkerthunker:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: reject

Lots of credible reports of cryptids and Unidentified Flying Objects down the years mate - lots of accounts of Bigfoot footprints stopping ..or them actually vanishing - who the #k knows what's going on?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I have yet to see decent video of Bigfoot pulling a magical disappearing act and vanishing into thin air or it interacting with mystical orbs of light.

Credibility is a relative thing.

To a majority of people, reports of miracles and near death experiences with visions of heaven are totally credible.

I don't put any stock in them.

I already forget the passage(s) where St. Paul justifies being deceitful if it brings people closer to Jesus Christ.

Plus, there are countless people who desperately want their religion to be proven right that it contaminates everything.

The great spirits rummaging through garbage cans and dumpsters, also eating rats and carrion.🙄

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I feel like an entire post on people "hunting" bigfoot would be awesome.

Not like the TV show is going to find him type, but the I gotta rifle and gonna get me a bigfoot type.
edit on 27-1-2020 by CobaltCPD because: Expanded and made statement more accurate.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is really very telling.

(Even if it we're just a pet great ape that got loose) After a couple generations it will get bigger and hybridize with an ape that has eyeshine; not necessarily in that order.
edit on 27-1-2020 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Glad to see Steve from howtohunt.com is mentioned on here, I love his videos, I'm surprised there's not threads specifically about him. He is adamant the Patterson video is the real deal, and I thought it was debunked on here? He says since the video hasn't been and can't be duplicated is all the proof you need that it's real. I thought the story lost credibility when it was discovered Patterson was making a big foot movie during the time of the sighting. Pattersong - wiki

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Do you subscribe to superstitious supernatural sasquatch nephilim like Steve isdahl does?

Does anyone know if the guy is an Evangelical?

Anyway, there are other convincing video evidence for Bigfoot.

This one is a legitimate documentary about wildlife near the North Pole.

It inadvertently caught what could only be a Bigfoot with its baby while chasing caribou.

This video From thinkerthunker is pretty much self explanatory:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Thank you for linking that video! I've seen it before years ago very compelling evidence.

I subscribe to all ideas:
1. Misidentified...shadows, cubs on 2 feet, etc
2. Descendant of giganticus pithecus...came over on Russia-Alaska land bridge, inhabitated the dense wilderness of North America and has remained illusive the whole time.
3. Completely undiscovered species...we are discovering new species in the wild all the time.
4. Paranormal being...I never was into this idea until Steve from howtohunt.com was suggesting that answer. To me how could an inter dimensional being interact with our 3-D world leaving foot prints, hair, and other traces of physical evidence or encounters. I'm open to the idea though.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The thing with Mr. Isdahl is he won't even consider Bigfoot may be so much as a primate.

He is defiantly against this.

Native Americans claim Bigfoot can have offspring with humans.

There are similar claims in Russia, China, and other parts of Asia.

There's this particular Chinese woman who claims her special child was a result of rape by yeren.

She was ridiculed but, oddly enough, that child grew to be over 7' tall.

Humans are animals, primates, monkeys,...apes.

That's why this may be possible.

Biology works this way.

Never once in history did magic turn out to be the answer.

Compare the following two videos.

Tell me the alleged Russian Bigfoot doesn't remind you of a silverback.
edit on 2-2-2020 by reject because: Silverback

edit on 2-2-2020 by reject because: Chinese

edit on 2-2-2020 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Alleged Bigfoot night vision photo:

And of course the famous Patty photo:

About those Bigfoot structures.

I think they may originally be mimicking beaver structures.

Maybe they like beaver.

So, where there's beaver, there may be Bigfoot.

edit on 3-2-2020 by reject because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2020 by reject because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join