It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

musings on bigfoot's elusiveness

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I just recently watched a documentary regarding the fossils of 40+ hominin bones (The Strange Case Of Peking Man). Globally it's been written that this theory is wrapped around a single tooth that had been discovered.

According to this documentary, a possible conspiratorial mystery surrounds two boxes of these (supposed) fragments that disappeared and there were attempts to smuggle these fossils out of China.

This was not the type of Documentary that I would've normally have watched because it's not about the research on "Pithecanthropus and Sinanthropus" as much as what happen to those cherished bone fragments. The US and possibly others, were all wanting these fragments and willing to pay large sums of money for them.

Anyway, if your into mysteries, this might be right up your alley.

edit on 11/29/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous
One can go into nationalism with "origin" arguments.
The "cradles of man" - East Africa or South Africa?

And the Chinese saying if modern man came from Homo Erectus, it most certainly happened in Asia.

As for modern day "wild men", I think these are actually feral human populations.

My theory: if hogs can change their skulls when going feral, then maybe so can humans.

So by my theory we're talking of remnant humans in the wild, who actually adjusted to living feral, or wild.

Although they look like animals, they should be treated like humans.

edit on 29-11-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You do the maths - wherever we find wild-man populations, we had war and genocide, in a wilderness setting.

Children survived a massacre and ran into the forest.

They didn't know how to make fire, nothing of our culture.

Instead, another evolutionary thing kicked in.

Becoming very hairy, for example.

You'll never catch them, because they're a sub-culture.
Many die out, and the rest migrate back to rural village life.

If that is even slightly true we have the wilderness inside us, and we can actually develop in several ways.
This is only one possible way.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
One can go into nationalism with "origin" arguments. The "cradles of man" - East Africa or South Africa?
And the Chinese saying if modern man came from Homo Erectus, it most certainly happened in Asia.

You'll get no argument from me, because I have not a clue. My thoughts seem to constantly evolve with what is being presented by the science's "Flavor of the Week" (j/k).

"wherever we find wild-man populations, we had war and genocide, in a wilderness setting.

Children survived a massacre and ran into the forest. They didn't know how to make fire, nothing of our culture.
Instead, another evolutionary thing kicked in. Becoming very hairy, for example.You'll never catch them, because they're a sub-culture. Many die out, and the rest migrate back to rural village life.

If that is even slightly true we have the wilderness inside us, and we can actually develop in several ways.
This is only one possible way.

I've heard a lot theories and this one is the most recent... and I got to say that I've never heard of one quite like this. SO I'm going to put it in a special area so it might possibly get cross-referenced.

And welcome to the conversation, maybe you can remind me the name you call the Large Hairy people again (if you remember because I cannot remember myself)?

Johnny

edit on 11/29/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
California screaming - take the case of Ishi.

Forty years living in the wilderness, and eventually alone.

So frightened by modern Americas, they wouldn't come out.

So who says that creature on the Patterson film wasn't a refugee from 1880?

Body adjusted a bit, but yeah.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Your information in your avatar-mem says that your from Africa, do the people of Africa have a myth or story of large hairy people too?

I thought I remember that there was a African hairy, baboon-like tikoloshe (maybe it was Tokoloshe ?) Can't remember for sure.. does that sound familiar to you at all?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Excellent video Johnny. Thank you.

PS, I love mysteries.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

originally posted by: halfoldman
One can go into nationalism with "origin" arguments. The "cradles of man" - East Africa or South Africa?

You'll get no argument from me, because I have not a clue. My thoughts seem to constantly evolve with what is being presented by the science's "Flavor of the Week" (j/k).

Looking at what science presents or mostly such amateur research that has been done has been arduous and frustrating. When you compare it to what you have seen with your own two eyes it sadly falls short.

Halfoldman

You'll never catch them, because they're a sub-culture.
Many die out, and the rest migrate back to rural village life.

^^^ Exactly.
Take it or leave it, but they do have their own culture. This has been changing over the last 30 years and actions by them that used to be taboo within it, are falling by the wayside. Their "Youngers" have found out they can act with autonomy with negligible consequences.

It's been speculated that access to GMO crops and livestock pumped full of growth hormones/antibiotics has had an effect as well as frustration with Human over- development limiting some of their historical grounds. Drinking water has been not only been polluted with industrial chemicals, but our own pharmaceutical soup. Just as our culture spawned gang-bangers, their "Youngers" have broken with their own accepted norms.

It has also been discussed privately that this has been causing low birth rates, genetic issues.

Like I said, take it or leave it, right now it's just anecdotal information.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It always amuses me to hear folks talk about “zero evidence” for this phenomenon. There are literally tens of thousands of sightings of these entities/people/creatures/things/etc. over thousands of years.

Personal experiences (some folks here), video, audio, tracks, casts, DNA remnants, hair, blood, etc.

GIven the idea of physically superior capabilities, coupled with human level (or more than likely superior) cognition, coupled with a deep understanding of how dangerous we can be in groups with our tools, etc.

In fact, we have seen them across the world for years. They’re a part of mythology because they live alongside us.

To my mind, the only quantity that we have “zero” of in this matter is doubt that there is an active and coordinated effort in the governmental and therefore the scientific and entertainment industries to conceal, transpose, diffuse, the actual existence of Sasquatch.

First hand, eyewitness, newspaper reports of sightings AND large framed human skeletons that were whisked away into the Smithsonian and other locations ... hundreds of these.

I don’t know what they are, I don’t think all experiences are of the same thing, but I do know this: there are people I trust implicitly who have seen the damned things, as Fort would say.

The very fact that folks argue so fallaciously against the realities of these experiences is evidence.

Sorry for the ramble.
edit on 30-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

That's an interesting hypothesis and I applaud you for thinking outside the box, that's healthy.
I have another idea which maybe even further out there than yours but still very possible as anything is in my book. Maybe they have evolved to the point of being able to go between different dimensions.
The whole interdimensional idea could explain everything from Aliens to Nessie.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
The whole interdimensional idea could explain everything from Aliens to Nessie.

That makes the idea less plausible to me and more likely an element of confirmation bias precisely because it wraps up so many anomalies via one explanation (that is, regardless of anything else, still theoretical.)

I mean absolutely no disrespect by saying this, but when something seems too good to be true, it often is.

Along those lines though, I would say that I understand that humans have many “modes” of conscious awareness that we have been programmed to disregard in our modern societies. One of these that applies here is the way our intuition (speed processing) becomes heightened in sensory deprived situations (low light, low visibility, etc.) This ability is both a blessing and a curse.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Yeah like I said maybe even more out there, however quantum physics is exploring the idea of an infinite number of universes, when you take that into consideration that means anything and everything is not only possible but likely, we as humans believe we have evolved to our pinnacle but what if evolution sees our range of perceptions grow and we can gradually see more of what's really out there, or more layers of "reality". Who knows but it sure is fun entertaining such like ideas.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
Yeah like I said maybe even more out there, however quantum physics is exploring the idea of an infinite number of universes, when you take that into consideration that means anything and everything is not only possible but likely, we as humans believe we have evolved to our pinnacle but what if evolution sees our range of perceptions grow and we can gradually see more of what's really out there, or more layers of "reality". Who knows but it sure is fun entertaining such like ideas.

Sure. The part of QM that entices my imagination here is that at any point the probability wave can be affected (and effected) by human perception. As you say, we are only beginning to understand the real world [sic] implications, but what seems certain at this point is that the “world as mechanism” is a conception that is quickly becoming passé.

There is also the well-known psychological concept of “the return of the repressed” which when considered in terms of the slightly less-accepted “genetic memory” creates a whole host of fascinating points to play with in our imaginations.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I would like to lay my cards out against interdimensional sasquatch and other beings.

Let's say there's another universe out there where sasquatch and other beings belong to.

They have to be on a planet also, right?

Are you saying their planet is traveling in some kind of synchronized manner with earth?

It's the exact same size and landmasses coincide with your world?

Is there also a version of you there?

Then why would there be no version of native Bigfoot here?

I highly doubt other universes are exact replicas/doubles of each other.

I would bet every universe is randomly unique for the most part.

I'm sorry but Bigfoot is from this universe most probably.

And it's an ape like you and I.

Those who have seen it says it looks and acts like an ape.

The scent, tree beating, throwing stuff... it's all ape like.

The scent is probably made more pronounced by living around water and in caves.

I don't think it's just taking the view in when it's spotted a lot around areas known for caves.

Maybe if they're in inaccessible Alaskan islands they don't live in caves...MAYBE.

How can you be so adamant they don't live in caves when our ancestors and their cousins did.

Even bears live in caves.

Lol.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have nothing against native Americans.

I also suspect some indian native Americans (not necessarily in North America) may be in communication with these and are advising them on some things.

There are rumors they can talk.

ATS is a conspiracy theory website, don't you know.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: reject

oh FFS - i am not adamant that :

How can you be so adamant they don't live in caves

i AM adamant - that no credible evidence of thier " cave dwelling " has been discovered

when our ancestors and their cousins did.

yes they did - and guess what - we has mountains of evidence

Even bears live in caves.

yup - and again we have evidence - lots

and not just bears - all maner of fauna

PS - i actually " co-discovered " a bear skeleton [ plus other important finds ] - on expedition in a cave that we were " first explores "

other important finds were made too

but hey - closer to home - read :

cave archeology

the executive summary - a cave system in the UK - that has been effectivly issolated for thousands of years - has been accessed by cavers - and major areceological finds documented

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
when peop;e start atempting to use " quantum mechanics " as thier" explainer " - for a hominid thats 3m tall and weights 750kg [ alledgedly ] and throws rocks at people

then - its painfully evident that they have ZERO understanding of QM and are just ad-hoc straw-grasping

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

No one’s using QM as “their explainer” for anything. Your primary concern here seems to be to disrupt an on-topic conversation among enthusiasts. No one here has made any claims of scientific fact, merely supposition, wondering, speculation, etc.

Why are you so intent on merely citing yourself as an authority to make the same negative comments repeatedly?

Your personal knowledge, I hesitate to tell you, is not infinite. You can speak to your own opinion, but frankly, you’ve made your claim clear. You know of no evidence that Sasquatch lives in caves underwater or not.

You have been heard.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It's clear you have zero knowledge on QM, I know I have little but who is an adept on that subject eh.
www.quantamagazine.org...

I must say though your ignorance always makes me chuckle considering your name.
Clown

(post by ignorant_ape removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join