It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beat Saber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This game is what Guitar hero brought to gaming... but with light sabers...

Star wars fans.... take it in and hold on tight...

Took me a while to actually decide to buy this game... now I want every song ever made...

This game is just SOOOO fun!!

Imagine Dragons made it even better!!!

But yes... this is a VR Game...

IF you can't play it... Sorry

Lets call it motivation to get into VR

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Cries into my lenovo mirage.

You know, they only sold those bloody things to get money to make their next thing. I'll never trust a tech company again. poxy 3dof skirt wearing pantyhosed controller that goes to sleep even when you're watching a video prompting the headset to ask me if I'm still there despite the fact it's a video I'd set up to view, resetting everything.

$300 for something worse than cardboard, really..

Don't taunt me with your fancy dual controllers that have positional tracking....

I cri..

Oh but I can at least watch 500 variants of some AMAZING rollercoaster... feck.. (it's good for video, dont get me wrong, but if this thing was pants? daydream would be the fart.)

edit on 12-10-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Haven't made the jump to VR yet but hopefully this Christmas that will change , I mostly want it for race sims but recommendations of other VR based games are always welcome. , if nothing else Beat Saber could help burn a few calories which goes into the plus column for getting a headset.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
Cries into my lenovo mirage.

You know, they only sold those bloody things to get money to make their next thing. I'll never trust a tech company again. poxy 3dof skirt wearing pantyhosed controller that goes to sleep even when you're watching a video prompting the headset to ask me if I'm still there despite the fact it's a video I'd set up to view, resetting everything.

$300 for something worse than cardboard, really..

Don't taunt me with your fancy dual controllers that have positional tracking....

I cri..

Oh but I can at least watch 500 variants of some AMAZING rollercoaster... feck.. (it's good for video, dont get me wrong, but if this thing was pants? daydream would be the fart.)

hmm... well Lenovo helped with the rift s... so at least we know they can make good products

You should have went for the GO IF you wanted stand alone... or at the very least waited and picked up a quest

It has PC support now too so its a good option IF you don't have a cpu and are looking into it

IF ye don't like it... sell it man

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Haven't made the jump to VR yet but hopefully this Christmas that will change , I mostly want it for race sims but recommendations of other VR based games are always welcome. , if nothing else Beat Saber could help burn a few calories which goes into the plus column for getting a headset.

Theres a stack of fantastic games out there... For sims i'd recommend "Elite dangerous" That is IF you like space games, its the best there is... even without VR

Hope you join the VR world soon

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I love my Oculus quest! Beat Saber is the %^%$.

Worth the money, your console will hate it.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Beat Saber is awesome,

I got my wife addicted to playing it, then she didn't mind too much when I upgraded to Valve Index.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I got my Darlin' an Oculus Quest for her birthday, and I can always tell when she's been playing Sabre, because she comes into the room pouring sweat.

Me? No, I don't play it. Remember Wii? I've been working a heavy bag most of my adult life. We got Wii some time ago, and I severely pulled a hamstring playing Wii boxing.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

haha!

Don't try creed then... VR boxing can get painful for everyone and everything...

I've punched walls, my cpu a few times... almost socked my cat one time

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
VR is true next level feeling type stuff...everyone I show crack up laughing

Beat saber is ok, resident evil was my favorite...very good looking in VR.......I wish they would remake every resident evil.in vr.

Tetris is very nice visually synching with music.

The short IT movie

All good

new topics

top topics

join