It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did it become OK to use Children to advance an agenda?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

With marketing, I sort of draw two categories. It's one thing to market kids' stuff to kids, but it annoys me when they market things like cars to kids because they know how on-the-hook some adults are to their kids.

"Mommy, buy that minivan 'cause I saw how much fun it is on TV ..."

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lucky Mummy that can afford the likes of a Minivan on the likes of a whim of there wean.

And therein lies the half the problem.
edit on 12-10-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I agree with you on the commercialized use of children .

But for me the most despicable and inexcusable use of children.

Is when someone looks me in the eye and is willing to sacrifice their safety for a political talking point .

I don’t get angry often but that will do it . 😡
edit on 12-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
In the recent past the American political left began using children as human shields to advance their political agenda. I don't think that the hyper-vigilant among us here on ATS have missed this nor would we accept anyone disputing this self evident fact of them using using children as human shields. As an example of this we need to look no further than David Hogg and Greta Thornburg. David was used to push the globalist agenda which requires the 70,000,000 gun owners in the USA to be disarmed. Before any sort of population reduction measures can be implemented by this globalist cabal. Greta was used to reset the public interest in global energy control by restricting so called fossil fuels and requiring infanticide and austerity measures. Those that find these ideas abhorrent are now labeled as hating on these children.

It is a dastardly strategy. A strategy worthy of a fictional villain cartoon. In polite society children under the age of consent (18) are allowed to be hidden and even their voices obscured. They are after all children and it is adults making these decisions for these young people. When Greta was saying shame on you at the UN it should have been directed to her dishonorable parents and their globalist handlers.

This is Coco Gauff. She is 15 years old and she loves to play tennis and is a world class at it, makes a ton of money at it already.

This is Greta Thunberg. She is 16 years old, wants to change the world and is already raising millions of voices alongside hers. She makes no money from this.

You're only threatened by one of these little girls. Why is that?

Both of them are better than you. And me. One is a world class athlete and would school both of us equally. The other one is smarter, more driven and more charismatic than both of us, especially when we were at that age.

Why do you not hate them equally? Why only pick one of them to hate?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

I don't often find a lot of brain matter, when I open up a marionette.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

You're only threatened by one of these little girls. Why is that? Both of them are better than you. And me. One is a world class athlete and would school both of us equally. The other one is smarter, more driven and more charismatic than both of us, especially when we were at that age. Why do you not hate them equally? Why only pick one of them to hate?

Lets address the first question first. I don't feel threatened by any little girls and that includes the 2 examples you referenced.
Both of them are better than you? That statement is groundless and inconsiderate when considering you do not know me or what I have achieved. In the second question you ask why I don't hate them equally. That is an outrageous statement. I have no emotional response to either one of these children. I do not attribute any malice towards me on the part of either of them.

I do state that the parents of Greta are cowardly and the funding source for her activities are clearly from George Soros who is a very questionable globalist financier of many atrocious globalist plots against nation states.

I am critical of the adult handlers not the children. I am sure that is clear based on the OP. I did not attribute any emotional content in the writing of it. My intellect is not based in whole or in part by emotion. This is I guess the biggest impasse between the leftist mind set and the conservative.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy
And if you are getting shot at you might not even make it to 17.

Average lifespan of 30 years doesn't mean that everyone dies around 30. It means many die before they are 5 and a bunch more die over 50.

Of course times were different then but the question asked about children and then gives 2 examples of people who are not children. At home Greta is of legal age to start having children, or at least practice the activity that gets the ball rolling. Hogg was two months from turning 18 when the school shooting took place and one month when March for Our Lives took place.

According to this,

Average Life Expectancy at Age 20
During the Seventeenth Century

Married Women in Middlesex County, Virginia - 39
Married Men in Middlesex County, Virginia - 48
Women in Andover, Massachusetts - 62
Men in Andover, Massachusetts - 64
Women in Plymouth, Massachusetts - 62
Men in Plymouth, Massachusetts - 69

edit on 12-10-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I am sure you get the point, and the numbers are all different. Just check graves you can see a better picture.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy
I get the point. In those times making it past 5 was hard and modern society had not come up with the teen demographic.

Still, if 16 year olds could pick up a musket and fight for a political agenda in those times, why would it be wrong for a 16 year old today to pick up a bullhorn or come out on stage to do the same? That was the question.

Also, just because in this day and age you might live to the ripe old age of 80 doesn't mean you can't have your own ideals by the time you are 16.

edit on 13-10-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Yes , and when has Child Abuse become Socially Acceptable around the World ?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Also, just because in this day and age you might live to the ripe old age of 80 doesn't mean you can't have your own ideals by the time you are 16.

I agree but should that make you start thinking you know more than people who study the whole picture their whole lives?
Should a child be put on a pedestal when they really know very little?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
When did it become ok to allow women and children to be massacred to protect his business interests in Turkey?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: gallop
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No, it's just that it's been said again and again, and with people like you, well, it's pointless.

Go catch your ferrets.

Wow insults now, way to double down.

Where did I insult you? *slow clap*... sorry, I mean *slow jazz hands*.. (not an insult either btw, just a throw back to how the left have made things)

I've repeatedly said how using children is a pathetic attempt to silence any opposition, gain support from other like minded folk and generally a way to ensure it's noticed. you cannot argue against a child, they're innocent, but they've not lived. Where are all the other children on their own merit tackling the world? Nah, a hand picked few. Foist with someone elses agenda. No one is stifling creativity or achievement.. but if you cannot see through this ruse, it's not my job to use small words to explain it to you.

I don't think our little interlude requires me to repeat, ad nauseum, the same words written before.

And like everything else, it doesn't even matter. You're in your own reality where it's OK to thrust your child into the spotlight for your own nefarious means.

We've been there before... all your ferrets are loose now, there is no turning back, so why should I bother.

Insults? lmao.. oh shnookums.

And do you have evidence that there is another agenda here? You have evidence the she is being used by the powers that be?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I do state that the parents of Greta are cowardly and the funding source for her activities are clearly from George Soros who is a very questionable globalist financier of many atrocious globalist plots against nation states.

Evidence please?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Here is another teenager who has fallen victim to an agenda.

edit on 10/13/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well, it canny be the Aspergers then.

Could it be common sense?

Better hope it's not contagious.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well, it canny be the Aspergers then.

You're going with that, are you?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

At this point apt to choose anything other than the mental illness aspect.

Just because young people have opinions hardly makes them crazy.

Its the world that does that.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Just because young people have opinions hardly makes them crazy.

Its the world that does that.

I have a teenage daughter. She is not mentally ill, but she does have opinions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join