It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did it become OK to use Children to advance an agenda?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Glad you agree that any abuse of children is wrong.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Greta is 16 and in high school.

David Hogg was also in high school when he came to prominence crusading against guns along with the rest of the Saints of Parkland.

The counter argument to those who told them where to stick it was the same.

"How dare you! They're children and so wise for their age ..." which is precisly why they get put on the stage to be the spokesperson. They're children and you can't speak against the children.

edit on 12-10-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
However, if you want crusader kids. I might suggest you all look up the Children's Crusade.

At least they got people to actually follow them as disastrous as it was to really follow the children.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Greta is 16 and in high school.

David Hogg was also in high school when he came to prominence crusading against guns along with the rest of the Saints of Parkland.

The counter argument to those who told them where to stick it was the same.

"Hare dare you! They're children and so wise for their age ..."

In most countries, 16 is still considered a minor. David was born April 12, 2000, so he was just 17 when the shooting happened, but has been an adult for most of his activist work.

"Saints of Parkland" eh? Classy.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

The truth is we have been using Children to advance an agenda for quite some time.

Was Jesus not a wean with a story to confabulate the Christian agenda?

It's all hypocrisy mate, layer upon layer upon layer of the stuff.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Glad you agree that any abuse of children is wrong.

Ummm...as a previously abused child...yes...yes I do agree...especially when such abuse is championed as the spear point of agenda...by vested interest...

You see...there is an incredibly shrinking common ground on which to stand...

Kindly sir...do not walk on the grass...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I'm genuinely very sorry that happened to you.

However, I disagree completely that there is "shrinking common ground" ... the vast majority of American's aren't on "a side."

I guess, for me, there's a balance. Some "kids" (people under 18) are clueless, some are quite mature. As with most things, there's no universal measure.

I'm not a fan of using kids in politics, but then, I'm not a fan of politics.
edit on 12-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Staying on topic

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I'm genuinely very sorry that happened to you.

However, I disagree completely that there is "shrinking common ground" ... the vast majority of American's aren't on "a side."

Ummm...I’ll agree to disagree...Gawd...what a foppish definition of is...is...statement...

Frankly...I don’t see reconciliation as a viable alternative to ideological gulf...

Diametric opposition between extremes cancels out common ground like so much white noise...and we are left with two incompatible versions of alternate reality...

When progressivism steeps itself in the rhetoric of repetitive historical failure...it becomes regressive...this is what youth movements fail to recognize...they instead succumb to the lie that...somehow this latest attempt will be the ticket to nirvana...

That lie is being foisted on them by old fools that lived through the collapse of such idealism’s...yet somehow...these fools hearken back to all that millions and millions dead by pogrom...as if it were...glory days...

Oh...they’ll make sure it works this time around...mark their words...

Let the suffering commence...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The "ideological gulf" is manufactured and sustained by the corporate media (and those who parrot those talking points).

I disagree with you that all "youth movements" are the same regardless of your estimation of their "progressive" nature. I suppose from one perspective, anyone trying to change anything is technically progressive, eh?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Don't you recall the press of the time, particularly around the girl? It was "classy" as you say.

About as classy as when they put out photos of Obama with "halos" of light around his head.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you expect the corporate media to be classy? I don't.

What does Obama have to do with this again?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Woman an children first, much like the Titantic with the life boats.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Apparently it did not start out that way.

The lifeboats were considered to be the more dangerous prospect.

Hence the reason anyone from the lower classes survived at all.

Its the poor people that went first.

Men Woman and Children.
edit on 12-10-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Of the many there is always the one who stands out , who becomes the rallying point for people with the same beliefs , something sets them apart and in Greta's case it's Autism , her disability gives her other abilities like single mindedness.

She gained attention in her home country Sweden for her weekly Friday protests outside Parliament but with the help of the internet and press she was soon known globally , her age and condition also give her some protection from public criticism and scrutiny.

Regardless of your views on climate change I think we can all agree we need to do better at looking after our gold fish bowl , we need to clean up our crap.
edit on 12-10-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

It is a dastardly strategy. A strategy worthy of a fictional villain cartoon.

I agree
You are correct!

In the recent past the American political left began using children as human shields to advance their political agenda.

No one should should be doing this!

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That is not what the worlds greatest love story told me.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Aye well "Near, far, wherever we are, im sure that the bullcrap will flow".

I had a tear in my eye at that movie also mate, big buffty that i am.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yea, it got me right here too.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

First, thanks for not pointing.

I do not like it either when children are used. Myself, I break children up into to age categories. One are the children who are still children. The other are young adults, teens kinda, it depends upon the teen.

When a teen speaks up and makes a plea for the future I applaud that teen. When the media takes that teen and then tries to turn them into an icon or a celebrity or a hero of the revolution, that is wrong.

For the media, well, I guess that I see that rather than a bias so much, I see them as vultures.They swoop in and eat who ever they can find to make news from.

But back to using children. I saw one of those '' feel good'' bits on the news the other night about this little girl who had written a book about whatever. Really it had been her mother who had written the book off of her daughters excitement over whatever it was. The mother....

Likewise I abhor the use of children for marketing. This is almost a constant. Marketing to children who have no money or means to it other than mom and dads pocket book. It's not the kids who are buying but the parents because the kids have been used by the sales people to wiggle their way into mom and dads pocket books.

Wanna sell more cheap burger crap? Give the kids a clown to attract them. Not enough? Insert a little playground as well. Want to appeal to their social consciousness? Open a medical unit for children and name it after the clown.

Some marketing guy figures let's write a jingle that will lodge itself in the unformed minds of the children and we will have them for life. Let's get em to cry and stomp their feet unless they get to go there for the cheap burgers in a box with a crap little toy in it...

Let's gear, what, half? of our movies at children. Let's get huge mega stars to star in a movie for children. Let's turn huge swaths of our movie industry over to cartoons that will appeal to children.

Let's find the next rock group of young teenagers to be pop heroes to the 10 year olds. What a gimmick. Better yet, let's hold an audition and pick four or five with different looks, not to different though, and give them personas that will appeal to the sexual attentions of the 11 and 12 year olds. Let's write their music for them and get them a choreographer to teach them how to dance in unison. They get older so let's do it again every five years or so.

It's not new Down, this use of children, that was my original post in this tread, it's part of our culture and is inbred into it from ages ago. I prefer to not focus on just one aspect of it.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Enlistment age in the Continental Army was 16

You are not a kid at 16 if you generally die at 30.

If you reached 16 which around half never did, you would be considered adult.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join