It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did it become OK to use Children to advance an agenda?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Its not like its just one side that does it though is it, there has been a young girl used by conservatives to push there agenda, she was on youtube called "soph" she like greta was ridiculed by the "opposition", I imagine to which the right defended her against the evil left, yet here we have the right attacking Greta while the left defend her, and the circle is complete.

It looks like you both share the same playbook

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

When the masses stop swallowing the main-stream BS, it's time to wheel the kid-actors out.

If they can't find a real 'help the poor innocent kids' tragedy to move their agenda forward then they'll stage one.

They'll even re-arrange the scene of a real-life tragedy if necessary. For example: a few years ago when it was reported that refugees were drowning in The Med trying to get to Europe, much of the public were sympathetic to their plight but not enough were shouting about it. And so authorities had a great idea when they found the body of that little Syrian kid washed up on the beach, they moved him to another part of the beach to be photographed face down and alone, for maximum shock effect - it worked - that one photograph resulted in hundreds of thousands of undocumented people instantly mass-migrating to Europe with unfettered, uncomplicated ease.

When kids are pushed to the front and thrust into the global spotlight there's usually soul-less adults behind them doing the pushing and for bad reasons. Those with an unacceptable agenda know that decent people will stop thinking rationally when confronted with reports and images of distressed children and will move Heaven and Earth to help them and to hell with reason, rules, laws, etc.

The Greta girl is clearly an actor. A 16 year-old adolescent that dresses and looks like a 9 year-old with little girly-wirly hair-plaits and no make-up etc. I was quite surprised when I learned she is 16. I don't know any girl that age that wants to appear much younger - they usually go out of their way to look older than they are. And so it all seems staged and fake to me and I have to assume her message is scripted and fake too - I was convinced I'm right when I saw her exaggerated, emotive, ham-actor facial expressions during her 'performance'.

When they wheel the kids out, don't fall for it. Look for the directors and script-writers that will be producing everything you see and hear and fear, from behind the scenes.

Real catastrophes will have real solid unquestionable evidence and doesn't need staging or exaggerating. Truth doesn't need help.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No, it's just that it's been said again and again, and with people like you, well, it's pointless.

Go catch your ferrets.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

PS: Anybody know if Trump ever paid these ladies? Their manager was having to beg for a check last I heard.
edit on 12-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

No, it's just that it's been said again and again, and with people like you, well, it's pointless.

Go catch your ferrets.

Wow insults now, way to double down.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

With as nasty as both sides are getting I think it would be foolish to allow my children (if they were not adults) to be put in the spot light for any sort of politically charged campaign whether they wanted to or not. As parents it is our job to protect our children- especially to protect their mental health. Whether you believe a cause is worthy or not allowing your child/children to be attacked in the ways that these children are being attacked cannot be good for their mental health and I suspect that they will suffer from PTSD (among other issues) most likely for the rest of their lives as the implications stretch FAR beyond childhood and the here and now.

Those who accuse only the left seem to have forgotten that children on the right have been exposed to the same kind of attacks (those Kentucky students and the DC incident come to mind) with adults using them to further along their agendas as well. With the left attacking those boys and the right using it to their advantage just as the right has attacked this Greta kid with the left using it to their advantage one has to wonder who are really the adults here?

We all know that these children are being manipulated and used by adults and yet we still continue to attack them. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Not sure Greta Thunberg is being used , she has her own agenda based on what she believes to be evidence that we are killing the planet so she is using the notoriety she gained from her protests outside her own country's Parliament to spread her message on the global stage.

Take a look around you we are killing our planet and the habitats of the creatures we share it with , climate change is just one example of that.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: gallop

Go catch your ferrets.

Wow insults now, way to double down.

Where did I insult you? *slow clap*... sorry, I mean *slow jazz hands*.. (not an insult either btw, just a throw back to how the left have made things)

I've repeatedly said how using children is a pathetic attempt to silence any opposition, gain support from other like minded folk and generally a way to ensure it's noticed. you cannot argue against a child, they're innocent, but they've not lived. Where are all the other children on their own merit tackling the world? Nah, a hand picked few. Foist with someone elses agenda. No one is stifling creativity or achievement.. but if you cannot see through this ruse, it's not my job to use small words to explain it to you.

I don't think our little interlude requires me to repeat, ad nauseum, the same words written before.

And like everything else, it doesn't even matter. You're in your own reality where it's OK to thrust your child into the spotlight for your own nefarious means.

We've been there before... all your ferrets are loose now, there is no turning back, so why should I bother.

Insults? lmao.. oh shnookums.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Apropos of nothing in particular, abusers typically blame the people they're abusing.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Apropos of nothing in particular, abusers typically blame the people they're abusing.

Ummm...precisely...and such an prescient comment...

We have that very concept unrolling before the eyes of the world...even as we speak...

Why...just look at all the celebs...serial abusers...preaching how quickly the sky doth fall...whilst flitting about that falling atmosphere in private jets...and lecturing to all the greater unwashed...from behind the gilt walls of their ivory towers...

Then we have parents...and handlers of children...abusing their challenged children by thrusting them into the spotlight...so that vicarious sensationalizing...becomes passé...as they further abuse the intellect and sycophant nature’s of any that are gullible enough to swallow agenda...as if it were pablum...

You Sir...are indeed an prescient one...

I roundly submit...that any carnival would hire you...and you could take that show on the road...

“With the barkers and the...colored balloons”

Bravo...listen close...for the sound of...one hand clapping...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

"All the celebs" are abusers? Wow. I'm sure you were being metaphorical eh? Not

I just find irony in reading posts that are now using the "What about the children???" tactic, you know, those same posters who have maligned that at every opportunity.

I like ballons.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

You do know that scientists as a whole are employed by a whole range of employers and one employer is not any more or less virtuous than the next?

So a scientists employed by government is as beholden to his or her employer as one employed by a large company, yes?

You might consider the agenda no matter the scientist.

Governments have as much an agenda as a business, and government agendas can be and are as sinister as any businesses. Do you know why? Because at the end of the day, both organizations are run by people like you and me and all of those people have the same failings, greed, lust for power, etc., just slapping a different label on it doesn't change it.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

PS: Anybody know if Trump ever paid these ladies? Their manager was having to beg for a check last I heard.

got a link?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

To what? The fact that the kids performance troupe sued the Trump campaign?

Wait a minute, let me Google it for you ...

USA Today

I guess they dropped their lawsuit ... doesn't say if they ever got paid ... I guess the whole thing was unpleasant for the kids:

The group's manager, Jeff Popick, would not discuss the suit with the newspaper but said it was a hard summer for the girls. "After engaging in the public spat with Trump campaign, USA Freedom Kids went on a hiatus, Popick said." " 'The political stuff really took a toll on (the girls),' said Popick, whose daughter is part of the group."

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Of course, those girls aren't haranguing the UN about how unfair it is that they haven't taken worldwide power to force everyone else to live with bicycles, composting toilets, no electricity, etc., so that they can have a future of subsistence farming to maybe support themselves *if* the harvest comes in.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So ... are you implying that it's not okay to use kids in politics, unless it's your side?

Fascinating.
edit on 12-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Format

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Not sure Greta Thunberg is being used , she has her own agenda based on what she believes to be evidence that we are killing the planet so she is using the notoriety she gained from her protests outside her own country's Parliament to spread her message on the global stage.

Take a look around you we are killing our planet and the habitats of the creatures we share it with , climate change is just one example of that.

Take a look around though. There are lots of kids like Greta who get passionate about their personal causes, including climate change. They go around a run drives or give speeches or participate in activities to "do something" about whatever it is they are passionate about.

Greta could just as easily been one of them, any one of them. There are thousands or more across the world.

So what makes her any more special than any of the others? Was there some kind of contest where Greta proved was the best? Or, was she simply plucked up and it was decided she would be the spokeskid? They put her in front of the UN and tried to get her the Nobel ...

At least David Hogg and the other Saints of Parkland were connected to a tragedy and had that going for them. They were a bit more authentic.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

So ... are you implying that it's not okay to use kids in politics, unless it's your side?

Fascinating.

It is fascinating how you put words in my mouth. You are so very shameless about it.

Those kids are at best the equivalent of kids shilling for Obama during his campaign.

Greta and David Hogg are different animals entirely.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

"All the celebs" are abusers? Wow. I'm sure you were being metaphorical eh? Not

I just find irony in reading posts that are now using the "What about the children???" tactic, you know, those same posters who have maligned that at every opportunity.

I like ballons.

Ummm...come come now...with your prestidigitatous talents...you should have been able to scry the intent of my most eloquent commentary...

“All the celebs”...that flit about the skies of our 12 years of life left planet...and preach to the choir of like minded gullibility...

“Maligned that at every opportunity”...?

Why...who might that define...?

You see...opportunity resides in every single instance...from the nano to the macro...

I would scarce hesitate to assume you were waxing hyperbolic...within the orbit of your opine...

However...you are correct...it is ever...for the children...and now...by the children...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You put words in my mouth all the time. Okay when you do it, not okay if I do? But good point, I like to have higher standards for my posts; thanks for bringing it to my attention!

The topic here is kids being used for political reasons. OP suggested that Greta is the first example of that. As I've shown, and as you just mentioned, it's not. Not only did the Trump campaign shamelessly trot these girls out, they never paid them as far as I know.

I don't care for Greta either, but she seems to be a free moral agent. There's no reason to assume that kids have no autonomy over their own actions, just because we don't like their message.

David Hogg is not a child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join