It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why doesn't Trump or Republicans go on the offensive?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm not nearly as politically savvy as many of you are and I have no problem admitting that. I actually tend to get my news from ATS and try to get perspectives from both sides because the MSM has just failed the American people and many of our members tend to be better investigative journalists than what I see on the news channels or in the papers.

With that said, why does Trump point out all the wrongdoings of the left and yet nothing is ever done about it? With Republicans controlling the Senate and Trump in charge of the DOJ, why aren't there any public investigations into the Clinton Foundation, Soros, Loretta Lynch, and other "allegedly" crooked branches of our intelligence agencies?

What does it take to start a investigation into corruption by the Democratic party with all the blatant evidence that many conservatives like myself seem to see on a daily basis? Instead of our President being against the ropes in this constant politically boxing match, why not start throwing punches and move the right back to the middle of the ring so that the MSM has to take notice and start covering these things?

As much as I like Trump and will vote for him again, I'm a little embarrassed that he's content just playing the role as a punching bag for the left. I want to see some indictments against the left and if nothing else, at least some mud slinging or accusations from the Republicans to level the playing field. I keep hearing about the IG report but if unsubstantiated claims can sway voters in the court of public opinion, perhaps it's time to give democrats a taste of their own medicine.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think they are on the offensive... but they aren't leaking details to the press.

The mainstream media, lives on anonymous leaks and opinionated speculation. Leaks from the "deep state"...

Trump isn't playing that. He will take them down, within the framework of the law.

The leftist Congress isn't interested in facts, they want talking points.

I have said this before, and I will reiterate now... the President's most vocal detractors, are the ones most likely with the most to hide...

Maybe... and, this is speculative... Shep Smith left Fox News, in advance of a breaking Shep Smith scandal? We shall see...

edit on 11-10-2019 by madmac5150 because: clarification

edit on 11-10-2019 by madmac5150 because: "If I were a man with gills... would I not be a fish? " Ryan Styles

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
I actually tend to get my news from ATS

That's a big mistake. You should use ATS for debate and get your news from somewhere more credible. ATS is for unfiltered, multi-national propaganda. You're not doing yourself any favors if you get your facts only from here.

What does it take to start a investigation into corruption by the Democratic party with all the blatant evidence that many conservatives like myself seem to see on a daily basis?

The truth. If there were any truth to it, don't you think a very zealous government would have kept its promise on it?

And since they haven't, what does that tell you, if you're being honest?

edit on 11-10-2019 by Oraculi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
My opinion is corruption isnt a right or left thing. The Republicans are corrupt as hell too.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

as much as I agree with you, and as much as I would like to, we cannot lower ourselves to that level.

Th Republicans would lose the moral high ground, what little we have left.✌

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I think they are on the offensive... but they aren't leaking details, to the press.

The mainstream media, lives on anonymous leaks and opinionated speculation.

Trump isn't playing that. He will take them down, within the framework of the law.

The leftist Congress isn't interested in facts, they want talking points.

And that's exactly where we are right now.

Barr and Durham need to get enough iron-clad evidence together to sway the voter base of the Democrats.

Which is going to be a hard thing to do because, well, they're programmed.

But if the actions of the Democratic leadership is any indication, they are flat-out going for broke to try to set up a narrative before the investigation is done.

Which means they are scared to death and have put all their chips on the table now.

I think the next few months are going to be fun to watch.

edit on 11-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hyperlexic
My opinion is corruption isnt a right or left thing. The Republicans are corrupt as hell too.

Should you not have gotten past the "I know you are , but what am I ?" stage in early grade school ?
I did.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Do you often telegraph your next move to your opponents ?
Old police trick is to make it look like they are investigating someone else.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Which is going to be a hard thing to do because, well, they're stupid.

Thats the problem in a nutshell.

I think I star all of your posts.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Should you not have gotten past the "I know you are , but what am I ?" stage in early grade school ?
I did.

Do you think the swamp is only Dems? I hope not..

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

that makes me wonder if Shep Smith quit because he didn't want to be seen crying on the air??

(wooohoo I have a new keybaord, and it works)

the whole shep smith thing is so odd I can't let it go..

like the sky was green instead of blue, but just for that day..weird

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The President Is Always on the Offensive . Without Him , the Republicans Are NOTHING to the American People Today other than a Evolved Spineless Political Party that Talks Tough but does Jack Sheit . They All should be Kissing His Butt Right Now for his Public Kudos to them , but Most are Content letting the Dems Bitch Slap them Every Chance they Get . Face it , American Politics Today Sucks , but Thank Almighty God for Donald J. Trump !

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Promise kept 😉
Promise made!

Trump and the Republicans are going to go on the offensive...soon.
The next few months, unlike the last few, are going to be veeeeeery interesting.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

that makes me wonder if Shep Smith quit because he didn't want to be seen crying on the air??

(wooohoo I have a new keybaord, and it works)

the whole shep smith thing is so odd I can't let it go..

like the sky was green instead of blue, but just for that day..weird

And the Barr-Murdock meeting days before...

We citizens see the ripples on top of the water and will never know about the war under the waves.

Well, maybe we'll get a glimpse of it this time.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Which is going to be a hard thing to do because, well, they're stupid.

Thats the problem in a nutshell.

I think I star all of your posts.

Dunno why... all I'm doing the last few days is getting the crap beat out of me by an ever-increasing wave of new liberal members who have emboldened the lingering leftists on here.

It's like zombieland and will continue to be I guess until the election is over...

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I did.

Do you think the swamp is only Dems? I hope not..

That is just it, the left and right HATE Trump, he broke the rules and didn't take his turn.

think about the folks in DC, they ALL owe someone, except Trump.

He walked in off the street, was not in politics for 20-30 years, scratching backs and getting scratched...

how can you control someone that has no favors????

this is why he MUST be impeached, don't want more plebs to get uppity!!!

he may get a second term, but the "deep State" want this presidency Marred.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Hmmm ... well, now they're pinning their hopes on Durham, last year it was Huber ... next year it will be another sure-fire day of reckoning for those dirty rotten Dems.

I dunno ... it's like it's all planned or something ... to keep people on edge.

Anxious.

Disappointed.

edit on 11-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I find Trump highly offensive.
Oh, wait. Never mind.

edit on 10/11/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Promise kept 😉
Promise made!

Trump and the Republicans are going to go on the offensive...soon.
The next few months, unlike the last few, are going to be veeeeeery interesting.

Read em and weep sweety...

Promises Kept

As for the next few months, I do think they will be entertaining.

Don't get me wrong... there is a part of me that wishes the left just took over everything so we can suffer through the inevitable collapse and rebuild without them.

But the sane part of me realizes that although the left voting base isn't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer, they shouldn't have to suffer because of it.

So hopefully Trump will save you from both yourselves and your owners.

~shrug~

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
But the truth doesn't seem to matter to many voters. The first information leaked whether it's true or fabricated doesn't matter. Once the story is run, the retraction means dick. Take the whistleblower claim vs the transcript of the real call. The transcript came second and the claim had already had it's intended affect. Facts be damned in the court of public opinion and that's where people decide the guilt or innocence based on what the media states first.

My suggestion is to start playing the same game by leaking some aspects of the investigations in the Democratic party as long as there is substantial criminal evidence against them. Add an explicit order from Trump to the DOJ/FBI that no immunity shall be given without his approval and perhaps the swamp would drain itself in short order.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join