It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has a significant conflict of interest in his dealings with Turkey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have said many times the cable news and television media is not left wing. It's all owned by Republicans. If you want true left-wing thinking you have to go to Mother Jones, truthout.org, and I found a new source for true left wing thinking:

The Hartmann Report

Wow! Thom Hartmann Show is really a left leaning talk show!

In today's show he mention Trump pulling out of Syria was a quid pro quo response to pressure from Turkey. So I google around and found this article:

Donald Trump's longtime business connections in Turkey back in the spotlight

Of course I know just mentioning this topic makes it left-wing propaganda. However, a lot of what is quoted in the article are Trump's own words:

"Donald Trump has a significant conflict of interest in his dealings with Turkey. But don’t take my word for it, take Trump’s."

“I have a little conflict of interest ‘cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump told Steve Bannon during a December 2015 interview on Breitbart’s radio show. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers — two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”

"Critically, Trump does not actually own these towers. Rather, he licenses his brand to the building’s owner, Turkish tycoon Aydin Dogan, an ally of Erdogan. This arrangement may actually leave our president more vulnerable to extortion from the Turkish regime than if he owned the towers outright. According to Trump’s financial disclosures, he has collected between $3.2 million and $17 million in royalties from the licensing deal since 2012. This means that Trump could ostensibly lose millions of dollars, should Dogan terminate their partnership. Which is to say: The president could have a multimillion-dollar motivation to avoid pursuing any policy that might incur Dogan’s wrath. Notably, the prospect that Dogan might leverage his business relationship with Trump to influence his policies isn’t a mere hypothetical. As Russ Choma of Mother Jones explains:

In June 2016, after Trump said he supported a ban on immigration by people from countries he said were associated with Islamic terrorism — he called them “terror countries” — Erdogan objected, and so did Dogan, and both threatened to remove Trump’s name from the buildings.

… Less than a month after the threat to remove his name was made, Trump very publicly voiced support for Erdogan when the Turkish leader faced a coup attempt. And his closeness with Erdogan has continued, even over the objections of some of Trump’s most reliable supporters. For instance, in May 2017, when Erdogan visited Washington, D.C., for a White House visit, Turkish agents violently attacked protesters outside the Turkish ambassador’s residence — shoving past local police officers to do so. Video showed Erdogan calmly watching the attack from his car. Although the House of Representatives, then under GOP control, voted 397-0 to condemn the attacks, Trump refused to do so. A few months later, Trump praised Erdogan, describing him as “a very good friend” and saying he gets “very high marks” for the way he runs Turkey."

I only make a few pennies per year compared to Trump. Maybe losing 2 or 3 million dollars per year by losing his brand name on two buildings in Istanbul is not a big deal. But from my perspective this seems like a quid pro quo type leverage and a possible reason why Trump decided to pull out and stopped supporting the Kurds.

Just for the record I'm very happy anytime we pull out of the Middle East. I think Trump pulling out was great thing. In my opinion there will never be peace in the Middle East. I simple do not care if Arabs kill Arabs. The US mlitary is NOT the Worlds police force. No where in our Constitution does it say the US military should be used in the way US has been doing so in recent years with a declaration of war.

edit on 11-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I have said many times the cable news and television media is not left wing. It's all owned by Republicans. If you want true left-wing thinking you have to go to Mother Jones, truthout.org, and I found a new source for true left wing thinking.

Thank you again for putting that right out there in front so I don't have to waste my time reading the rest of your OP and can just scroll down to where the good parts are...

The comments.

I'll come back in 30 minutes to see what's going on!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
No he doesn't. One name: Joe Biden. You're just triggered is all. Also, I will use one sentence to completely ignore the rest of your post because I'm smart.

*drops mic*
edit on 10/11/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I have said many times the cable news and television media is not left wing. It's all owned by Republicans.

Yep. Though good luck getting anyone here to understand that. It's a testament to a persons gullibility if they believe otherwise.

Whatever Erdogan said to Trump in that phone call must have been pretty heavy to get him to impulsively take the course of action he did..

Maybe it was about his business interests in Turkey, maybe it was regarding Kushners role in the Khashoggi murder. I hope eventually the real reason behind it comes out.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Leftists now supporting US imperialism.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Ivanka deleted this tweet the day Trump ordered the Troops out of Syria. Probably just a coincidence.

link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I have said many times the cable news and television media is not left wing. It's all owned by Republicans. If you want true left-wing thinking you have to go to Mother Jones, truthout.org, and I found a new source for true left wing thinking.

Thank you again for putting that right out there in front so I don't have to waste my time reading the rest of your OP and can just scroll down to where the good parts are...

The comments.

Yeah, you can totally skip the part with Trump's own words. Those always get in the way of the good stuff.

+4 more 
link   
If you actually took a step back from your odd hatred of your President, you'd realise how absurd your entire premise is.
Donald Trump is the President of the United States, elected by the people. He is going to work with Turkey whether you like it or not. Only an idiot would expect him to what, recuse himeslf????, because he has a hotel there?

Seriously, grow up.

link   

Not likely, and the evidence for this decision having anything to do with a building is non-existent, but it's possible. It's about as possible as me winning the lotto. Possible though.

Media is extremely left wing and was proven to be over 90% anti Trump.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The comments.

Come on now, let's not pretend that there is an actual need to read. Oh I didn't even read this post, but let me tell you what I think. Or I stopped reading right at the beginning, but I still think I know what we're talking about and let me tell you how wrong you are. It's getting old.

Some people wear their ignorance as a badge of honor.

Maybe you'll come back in 30 minutes and read what should have been read before posting. In my great and unmatched wisdom, I recommend you start doing this.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gorgonite

Ivanka deleted this tweet the day Trump ordered the Troops out of Syria. Probably just a coincidence.

What’s that tweet have to do with anything?
If your screenshot is accurate, it’s from 2012.
To the OP, Trump has properties with his name on it all over the world from long before he was president.
Big #ing deal.
edit on 11-10-2019 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Only an idiot would expect him to what, recuse himeslf????, because he has a hotel there?

It's called divesting. And yeah it's kind of expected for a President to do that.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Are you actually this big of an idiot, or do you just play one here?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Only an idiot would expect him to what, recuse himeslf????, because he has a hotel there?

It's called divesting. And yeah it's kind of expected for a President to do that.

No reason for him to divest anything, but I will play along anyway.
He already had plenty of money, he didn’t run and win the presidency to make money.
A total non issue concocted by the deranged cult.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Do you ever actually respond to a post? Or just right off the bat show the shallowness of your thought process by trying to insult someone?

That's a rhetorical question.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

He already had plenty of money, he didn’t run and win the presidency to make money.

You're right. If there's one thing about rich people, it's that they don't want more money.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: underwerks

No reason for him to divest anything, but I will play along anyway.
A total non issue concocted by the deranged cult.

You tell them! There isn't any reason Trump needs to divest!

It's not like it's against the law for him to use the presidency to personally profit. It's not like the Constitution prohibits the president from receiving emoluments while in office.

Surely, Trump hasn't done anything like using the presidency to personally profit. Surely it was just a coincidence that all those heads of state stayed at the Trump hotel even though they had never stayed there before.

Also its totally normal for Trump to fight turning over any relevant business documents to the oversight committee. There is absolutely no need for Congress to exercise its constitutional checks on Trump! Don't they know he is above the law?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'll answer anyway.

It depends on my mood. But more often recently when I see you leftists spinning your circle jerks I'll get ready to explain how you're wrong, but then I remember that it's been explained already hundreds of times and you're just being willfully ignorant or purposely engaging in leftist propaganda.
And I think to myself, why bother?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

The comments.

Yeah, you can totally skip the part with Trump's own words. Those always get in the way of the good stuff.

Well of course, trumps own words don't mean what they say, when you play 4d chess those words can be translated to whatever you like them to mean.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gorgonite

Just show me where Trump has been shown to have been wrong. Democrats keep saying he is, show me where he's been charged and convicted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join