It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS just got shown on Ancient Aliens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link to thread below

it was a short story? lol lol

joind on: Jul, 14 2013

edit on 11-10-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied
I don't remember exactly when it started but I lurked when ATS was still on EZboard and I'm pretty sure, but not positive it was in the late 90s.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Yeah I followed the link to the episode and that's the thread. So I searched it. Totally not the same. And somebody back me up here but didn't ATS start back in 2002 or 2003?
Not 1997.
So I dunno what they are trying to do by pulling one over.

So does this mean ATS credibility is taking a hit by being featured on Ancient Aliens?

edit on 10/11/2019 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Lets report it to the Owners so they can send a cease and desist.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Hey shouldn't you get paid or give permission ? It's the episode talking about a guy setting in front of a theater when he was approached by 2 kids asking for a ride but when he looked close he saw their eyes was solid black and he freaked out and bailed then looked back and they were gone when he got home he posted it here on ATS they showed his post - Black Eyed Children . Anyway thought it was funny !

Why? ATS staff will boil it down to Obama or McConnel excrement...

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

a reply to: schuyler

Didnt that cost like $300 a ticket to get in ? I was going to go to Alien Con but checked the ticket price and decided it ain't worth that much .

It was pretty expensive, but I got the early early bird special. Actually the cost of travel and lodging far exceeded the ticket price. Not something I would want to do every year, but it was fun to meet people like Travis Walton, Jacques Vallee, and other folks I have been reading about for years.

Can you tell us a little about your experience at the AlienCon event?

I know that I have often wondered if it would be worth it to go because of the expenses involved...

Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

link to thread below

So this guy was here for one day only back in 2013?!

One day?!?

Seems like he just wanted to post his story, but if that were the case, wouldn't he want to come back to see what type of reaction or feedback it got?

This feels more than a little creepy to me...

Maybe he's a BEK himself?

edit on 10/12/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie
a reply to: AccessDenied
I don't remember exactly when it started but I lurked when ATS was still on EZboard and I'm pretty sure, but not positive it was in the late 90s.

EZBoard?

Wow - talk about an oldy but moldy...

I never knew that ATS started on an EZBoard platform. I think their first real commercially viable version was released in 2003 although according to Wikipedia it's first version was released in 1996.

BTW - it was developed using Smalltalk - an early Object Oriented programming language.

Not too many commercial products were released using this language since it had speed problems for a long time.

I did some work using Smalltalk a number of years ago. For an OOP language I thought it was pretty good all things considered.

edit on 10/12/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

link to thread below

So Ancient Aliens are planting actors here in order to boost their credibility, using well known Conspiracy Websites, and showing it in their comedy show.

TO be honest, that's a pretty neat marketing strategy... transparent af but still.. haha it got people, that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

haha, well, it was best viewed with Internet Explorer 5 at a resolution of 800x600. That was in 1999.

The wayback machine has a broken imaged copy of the site in 1999. funny to look at compared to today.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

link to thread below

Thanks Lys, never thought to follow up on the profile. But from some of the thread replies, understandable.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
At least ATS is getting some exposure, it's likely we may get a few more visitors/members as a result of showing it on TV,

I have the show recorded, was watching the new Ghost Nation and Expedition Unknown

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: schuyler

Didnt that cost like $300 a ticket to get in ? I was going to go to Alien Con but checked the ticket price and decided it ain't worth that much .

It was pretty expensive, but I got the early early bird special. Actually the cost of travel and lodging far exceeded the ticket price. Not something I would want to do every year, but it was fun to meet people like Travis Walton, Jacques Vallee, and other folks I have been reading about for years.

Can you tell us a little about your experience at the AlienCon event?

It was "Contact in the Desert" as opposed to AlienCon. It is a beautiful setting in a country club atmosphere is southern Cal. The conference venue was first rate. The rooms were lovely. The food was good. Though thousands attended it did not seem too crowded. From a crowd management perspective they did very well. There were the usual exhibits ranging from crystal healers and t-shirt vendors to authors' tables and alien souveneirs. Plenty of kitsch for everyone.

The programs were many and varied. On the one hand you had people like Richard Dolan, a well-respected researcher, "20 and back" claiments and the usual "experiencer" people with suspect stories. one 'experiencer' I enjoyed very much was Travis Walton. I have been familiar with the story since it happened, and at the time Travis was a young tough guy not inexperienced in bar fights. Today he is a well-spoken retired guy who handles audiences very well and is even charismatic. Somewhere along the line he acquired an education. He's well-worth listening to. I also listened to Jacques Vallee and was, frankly, a little disappointed. Here is one of the best philosophical minds on the UFO subject was talking about a field trip to Brazil that sounded like a graduate student in anthropology studying he local natives. I listened to Linda Moulton Howe more than once. Frankly, I think she is gullible and nuts, but she does dominate the discussion so that no one can get a word in edgewise. I'm not a fan.

I met the "It's not aliens but it is aliens" guy whom you couldn't get close to because every female in sight wanted her picture taken with him. Why I don't get. He's kind a a big fat guy. Point here is that there are several things going on at once and you have to choose. On the other hand, there is something for everyone. And if you miss something, every lecture given was recorded and available on CD for a modest fee. I picked up Eric von Daniken for $10 because I just couldn't fit it in.

More than one guy tried to pick up my wife, including "The Alien Hunter" in a black western suit. I think he was armed. Another guy sidled up to her and said, "What do you see in him?" and she said, "He let's me drive the Corvette." He said, "Well, I can't compete with that" and slunk off. There is plenty of night life if you want that, a pool and a pool bar, and plenty of time to meet people. It was a fun time, but too expensive to do every year.

edit on 10/12/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Thanks for the in-depth review.

Sounds like a mixed bag but overall it was a positive experience for you. Getting to talk to Travis Walton must have been pretty cool.

I met the "It's not aliens but it is aliens" guy whom you couldn't get close to because every female in sight wanted her picture taken with him. Why I don't get. He's kind a a big fat guy.

Now this quote about Giorgio Tsoukalos is priceless!

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

edit on 10/14/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join