It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Opeth Fans? New CD "In Cauda Venenum" Released 2 Weeks Ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
There are two versions of the latest Opeth release, "In Cauda Venenum." There's a Swedish vocal version and an English vocal version, which is posted below.

My two favorite Opeth discs are Ghost Reveries and their mellow sounding Damnation disc, so I really didn't care that they dropped the "Cookie Monster" death vocals, back in 2011, with the release of their Heritage disc. They have become one of my favorite prog/metal band. I just wish they would bring their tour to the Upstate New York area.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Hell yah!

My username probably indicates Im a fan as does having the O from Opeth tattooed on my right shoulder.
Been listening since Morningrise and so far have been lucky enough to see them 13 total times in the Philadelphia and NYC area.

My favorite album is Blackwater Park which typically is considered to be their best release. I actually put Ghost Reveries right behind that then go In Cauda Venenum and Still Life.

In Cauda Venenum just has that Opeth magic that i have missed the last few releases though I found the closing of Pale Communion to be maybe his best song writing. The more I listen to the new release the more I like it.

On BWP I'm hard pressed to find a song that I don't like though I think the self named Blackwater Park is the best song they have ever done and to me I put this as one of the best metal or heavy songs I have ever heard. Heavy groove , drums and bass. Sonic tricks with the vocal and stereo panning during the middle section. The whirlwind of chaos sound at the end when everything kicks back in. This one song has everything that has enthralled me with this band for the past 20 years.

edit on 11-10-2019 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Martin Lopez's drumming on this track is insane. I thought this was Opeth's best lineup, with Lopez and Lindgren.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: opethPA

Martin Lopez's drumming on this track is insane. I thought this was Opeth's best lineup, with Lopez and Lindgren.

Agreed..
The Still Life-BWP-Deliverance & Damnation-Ghost Reveries era for me is them going into and coming out of their peak with lineup ..Not that I don't like Axe as a drummer but man Lopez could just go off while floating jazzy beats out there at the same time..

If you haven't heard the 5.1 channel mixes of any of their stuff ..It's a must! The first time you hear them in true surround sound its like listening to a new album. =)

Also thanks , Im now running through my Opeth playlist..

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I can't stand it
Too far from their masterpiece, Blackwater Park

new topics

top topics

join