It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deal on trade war with China first phase agreed-upon .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

That got a big chuckle .

Do you remember when Saturday Night Live was cool ?

By now they would’ve come out with Impeach-o-Matic .

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Part of HK was British territory, not leased. Any issue can be pushed.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
in case you don't know what's going on let me make it clear to you WE LOST

don't believe me? go look up currency agreement, look at the stock market in august and look at the value of the yuan

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It was 260 in January and it's 300 now.

New signs emerged Friday that President Trump’s tariffs on Chinese exports are beginning to seriously impact the overall Chinese economy.

The Chinese government reported that exports to the U.S. in July fell by 6.5%.

www.forbes.com...

The trade war was going to hurt us both, that doesn't mean it doesn't need to happen.
edit on 11-10-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Dammit I had a link ready wonder if I can get a mod to put it in .

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

That got a big chuckle .

Do you remember when Saturday Night Live was cool ?

By now they would’ve come out with Impeach-o-Matic .

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Sounds right, I just threw it out there because I was thinking about it.

I’m not gonna withhold anything .

Root for one side but shoot straight down the middle .

That’s how you sleep soundly at night . 😴

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

no it was the yuan that killed our market trust me I trade the market 40 or more hours a week making several to a dozen trades a week

they devalued their currency and brought our market down, it's in the market data

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Of course they did, they are a currency manipulator. Like I said, both of us were feeling it, but anyone who expects to force China to play fair without them putting up a fight to keep their unfair advantages is delusional. That doesn't mean it should not be done.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

were weak and pathetic, the Federal reserve is ran by idiots, except that 1 lady who objects to everything
edit on 11-10-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Sounds like you couldn’t care if this helps the people of America or not.

It sounds more like the damn the good it could do for Americans. I want it to fail because I hate trump .

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults,

That's a strange deal since this year it seems that the USA has had one of the worst crop losses ever, what agriculture are they expecting to buy? it has been reported that China has imported half of Kenya's donkeys because of a large protein fall off because of the Swine flue, I kid you not. I also notice the fires in Brazil have fallen off the page, since they are clearing land for Agriculture, I smell a relocation of Crops.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Hate Trump? Why would I hate Trump?

I don't happen to agree with some of his policies.

If it's working for you guys I am glad but I just can't shake that feeling that in his efforts to make America great again he is isolating America.

I just can't imagine a situation where China is going to bend over to Trump's pressure and make him "win" this war.

It's going to come down to consessions from both sides and that is far from "easy" or "winning"...

Anyway...I'm glad you guys are glad but I'll reserve some healthy sceptisism until there is an actual deal.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: Fallingdown

Yay!!!

Wait....is this like that agreement for full denuclearization of the Korean peninsula?

I'll wait a little to see how this develops....but yay!!

Peace

So North Korea still have nukes, fancy that. Lucky were all friends now or that could be a problem.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
trump sold us out to china you morons

I hope you are happy now

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   
we lost to china today

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

My bad .

But that does apply to many comments I’ve read on this thread from others .

I just can't imagine a situation where China is going to bend over to Trump's pressure and make him "win" this war.

You don’t have to imagine anything. The US is the largest consumer of goods on earth. They need our money .

By the way I need to look into it. But if china lowers its import taxes across the board which is one of the main goals . It’s good for the whole world .

edit on 12-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

I am anti-Trump, but I am sure that the dirty communists ruling china must be stopped. we must stop China before it is too late. the problem with Trump's trade war against China, is that his plan has killed many Americans, has made many more homeless, and has cause many lose their jobs.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MichaelAdams

Saying it doesn't make it true.

Even if it is, do you think there is any scenario where China is confronted and there are no ill effects for Americans?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

If it's working for you guys I am glad but I just can't shake that feeling that in his efforts to make America great again he is isolating America.

So you would rather have America taken advantage of? Yeah, that sounds like it would work.

By stopping them making more money from us than we do from them. That would seem to bend them over pretty far.

It's going to come down to consessions from both sides and that is far from "easy" or "winning"...

I believe the concessions were already made by previous administrations. That is why we have lost so much money to them.

It all became clear with the Biden Ukraine scandal. Our elected officials made bad deals with other countries for a cut of the profits. The only way to solve it is to stop it.

Anyway...I'm glad you guys are glad but I'll reserve some healthy sceptisism until there is an actual deal.

There nothing wrong with healthy skepticism, it's just that the left only have unhealthy skepticism at the moment for President Trump.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join