It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shephard Smith just quit Fox Live on his show

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
you know who else is protected under freedom of speech....the KKK, that doesn't mean I would be ok with that kind of language coming from the president of the United States. someone must have told President Trump that his base gets a kick out of his use of vulgar language and now he's seems to be using it publicly every day. Sad.

a reply to: thedigirati

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I would expect more from a world leader

That is something we've been guided to believe. Presidents of the USA are NOT "world leaders". They are the leaders of the USA, period.

For me, I don't want a "world leader". I think were the world to ever achieve such a thing, most of us would probably end up regretting it.

Now, certainly: the USA is a very powerful country, and because of that, has a lot of influence in various situations in the world. But there is plenty we have little influence over, and it is useful to remember that as a counterpoint to the media's programming that WE have to be "world leaders", in control of everything, freaking out and deploying our military all over the place, etc.

Should we be involved internationally? Sure. But let's get a lot better at choosing which battles we want to fight, and which situations to which we wish to lend our weight. Trump could have already gotten us involved in a few new wars, but he did not do so. I like that.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Bigburgh
In the beginning, Sheppard did report the news and explain what it means to you. But after all these years he started giving his opinion and pining. He's burned out.

Burned out or not, he was there for 23 years. He quit live on air without telling any of his colleagues....something else must be very pressing for him to have done it like that.

The quitting live on air without telling anyone is just a classic move by a typical drama queen.
'look at me, look at me... feel sorry for me!'

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think that was a very graceful exit.

He didn't throw any shade, and only seemed positive and praiseworthy of the opportunity he was given.

I agree. So refreshing to see to. Even if I didn't like the man, that was a classy exit.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The video is here: www.rawstory.com...

WOW!

Smith’s departure comes less than two days after Attorney General Bill Barr held a mysterious meeting with News Corp CEO Rupert Murdoch. There is no evidence linking Barr’s Murdoch meeting to Smith’s sudden departure, although critics of the White House have been raising questions about why the attorney general was meeting with a media mogul at a time when Trump has been openly critical of the network.

Yeah? Well Loreta Lynch met with Bill Clinton in private on a plane, on the tarmac and they only discussed their grandchildren, travel and was "primarily social". Then, a few days later the DOJ instructed the FBI to not Charge Hillary Clinton in the email probe.

I'm sure Bill Barr's meeting with Murdoch was "primarily social" as well, after all... there is precedent now for that excuse...I mean .....explanation.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Smith stated that he had requested permission to leave from his superiors, and after asking him to stay, they agreed to let him go.

Why do you think that he quit without telling anyone? What specifically did he say that makes you believe he was asking for sympathy?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I see Trump's vocabulary rubbing off on his supporters.

Don't tell me you're offended by the dickhead reference too? Jesus Christ some of you yanks are weak minded emotional wrecks.

"weak minded emotional wrecks" LMAO Dang you are much politer than I am about those types. I call them mentally challenged emotional twats. LOL BTW, I'm a yank. And like most believe of the stereotype, I am very proud to be USA American although I am actually from "rebel" country, the south USA. Don't really consider myself a yankee.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
JUAN WILLIAMS next?
twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
JUAN WILLIAMS next?
twitter.com...

That is a parody account...not real Barr.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

so you want to stifle free speech?

well that is very tolerant of you, good to know .

I will remind you of that, as a matter of fact I will defend your right to say foolish things with my life.

what are you willing to defend with your life??

I took and oath, it has no expiration date as far as I know.

Good for you hating and virtual signalling on the KKK.

You are what you espouse to hate, it's quite funny.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Smith stated that he had requested permission to leave from his superiors, and after asking him to stay, they agreed to let him go.

Why do you think that he quit without telling anyone? What specifically did he say that makes you believe he was asking for sympathy?

Didn't see the video of Cavuto being suprised I guess huh??

or the statements from fellow FOXNEWS co-workers on air.

no you are correct your opine means more than reality

carry on.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Is there some reason you're answering for another poster? Smith didn't resign without telling anyone.

My opinion is my opinion and I'm usually very careful to make a distinction between that and factual evidence. Do you?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
Goodridens to the tweerp.

Is that what you tell a horse after a good ride, "good ridens buddy, youre the best little twEErp.

Side note who cares about Shep or anyone on major news they're all niche hucksters part of an awful way for us to get news.

His talking head will be replaced so fast, wonder by who?

I guess I kinda agree with him especially if he doesn't come back to news, purely making a statement that all TV news is shizer.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

According to you on other threads you can be investigated based on "feelings"....

Perhaps this is an investigation based on FACTS and he was forced out

People are going down very soon for all of the illegal media leaks by Mueller and Schiff over the last 3 years, my prediction is he is one of them.

Too bad we cant start an impeachment process on private citizens so we can start investigating him in case we missed something right?

Lolz🤪

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
JUAN WILLIAMS next?
twitter.com...

Not Juan.....
NOOOOOOOOOO

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Chuck Todd has become unhinged lately too

When he "resigns" from NBC will he get a thread too?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just one liar leaving the fake news isn't cause for celebration.

Watching all the fake news ppl go to prison for knowingly lying to promote a criminal conspiracy to justify illegal wars --- now that would be worth celebration.

Till then... Don't care.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Quote me if you can.

PS:. What does conversation about the rules of the House possibly have to do with Smith?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Damn. He was one of the few that just did news and not opinion.

And that is why he resigned.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Yea, I was watching it live as it happened... it seems he caught everyone off guard... its not health, and he said he wasn't moving to another network.....yet..... I'm curious where he's going..

He has a non-compete. He isn't going anywhere for a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join