It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where’s the Vote to Impeach Trump?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

i think that the house is not in session right now....

... just something i read, dunno for sure.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
They are gonna gather information and then vote.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

So #1 you don't want actual evidence to be reviewed before the House votes to impeach POTUS?

#2 What does "the majority of the country by voting districts" have to do with impeachment? How would you know that or measure it?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So #1 you don't want actual evidence to be reviewed before the House votes to impeach POTUS?

#2 What does "the majority of the country by voting districts" have to do with impeachment? How would you know that or measure it?

So? Then there isn’t just evidence to warrant a impeachment. And impeachment isn’t widely supported then?

What’s the hold up on the vote? I guess the Democrats are just politically posturing to control the narrative? With no care to giving the Republicans the power to use subpoenas? What’s the Democrats have to hide if they are truthful, honest, and innocent?

Why Democrats aren't planning to vote on an impeachment inquiry

www-m.cnn.com...

The reasons Pelosi is not planning a vote are both practical and political: Taking the step of passing a formal impeachment inquiry resolution is a complicated and time-consuming endeavor that has political downsides, from drafting the exact language of the resolution, to holding a complicated floor debate and to putting some members in a tough spot.

Moreover, having a vote on an impeachment inquiry resolution would give Republicans an opening to argue they should have subpoena power like in past impeachment proceedings, something that Democrats would almost certainly never allow.

Don’t look under the Democrats veil? Don’t look at the Pelosi behind the curtain.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

How would a vote on impeachment hinder collecting additional evidence? Because that evidence would be subjected to actual scrutiny? Pelosi would no longer be in control?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I imagine they will vote when they choose to. I understand that the referral from the IG only came in in the last month or so.

How are you determining that impeachment isn't widely supported? Polls indicate otherwise. What's your source?

I have no comment on the partisan ranting that makes up the remainder of your post.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

How would a vote on impeachment hinder collecting additional evidence? Because that evidence would be subjected to actual scrutiny? Pelosi would no longer be in control?

Uhhmm ... because evidence is gathered to justify impeachment? You know, horse before cart and such?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
What's the point of even having a house of representatives if Pelosi can arbitrarily do whatever she wants without their consent? Might as well just toss all the other representatives entirely, and make the house like a mini president...

Speaker of the house means she speaks what the group decided, not decides for them, she's not their boss, at best she can occasionally be an organizer. The whole point is so that every group decision does not require them all speaking their individual opinions every time the question comes up. It's so that once the vote is made, only one person needs to speak it.

edit on 10/12/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

“The impeachment process may be initiated as the result of various actions and events, including the receipt and referral of information from an outside source, investigations by congressional committees under their general authority, or the introduction of articles of impeachment in the form of a House resolution,”

The Impeachment Process in the House - Congressional Research Service

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Pelosi is like a Queen.

Haven't you heard what they've been telling you? She's third in line for the Throne ... I mean Presidency.

It would be funny if it wasn't so scary that they think like this, and you know that if they did get their wish and have her "ascend" to the "throne" that's exactly how she's be allowed to run it too. If any future Speaker tried to do what she's doing now, all of sudden, all this past precedent would be magically "rediscovered" and need to be followed.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: neutronflux

Uhhmm ... because evidence is gathered to justify impeachment? You know, horse before cart and such?

False narrative by you.

So they investigate to fish to find what should be investigated?

But Pelosi said....

NANCY PELOSI SAYS HOUSE DOESN'T NEED 'TOO MUCH INQUIRY' TO IMPEACH TRUMP, CLAIMS PRESIDENT HAS 'CONFESSED' TO VIOLATING OATH OF OFFICE

www.newsweek.com...

"The president has confessed to his violation of his oath of office, and right there, there it is. So it doesn't need too much inquiry," Pelosi said, according to the Miami Herald. She added that it's "sad for our country that our president would put us through this situation."

So what’s the hold up on taking the vote?

Are you actually going to read through this thread? Or just get your troll on?

I think Pelosi is content with here secret inquiry to spin and manufacture impeachment. She has no intention of discovering a just cause for impeachment. Or she be open to having the other side access to the discovery process and due process.

Troll on Gryphon66 if you must troll on...
edit on 12-10-2019 by neutronflux because: Fix and added

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

It's a false narrative to say that the House should investigate before they impeach???

Whatever.

If you want to know what Pelosi thinks ... maybe email her.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

None of that implies there's no decision made by the house after receiving any of that. It doesn't just happen. Those are just the things that allow the decision to pursue impeachment to be made. The decision to pursue it still needs to be made by the representatives. We elected them to #ing represent us. Tell Pelosi to either let them do that, or shut the # up.
edit on 10/12/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I understand that is your opinion, and I don't disagree in essence. I stated in one of these threads that I thought this was the dumbest thing to try to impeach Trump on ... but the fact remains that the legal requirements for beginning an impeachment inquiry have been met as I've shown repeatedly. There's no need for a House vote to start the process.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

What's the point of even having a house of representatives if Pelosi can arbitrarily do whatever she wants without their consent?

It is an attempt to smear the president and hoodwink the general public into thinking they are doing something that they are not.
Without a full house vote the subpoenas they issue have no weight. They will not be enforced. With a full house vote they will be enforced.
So the house dems can ask for information and use information volunteered to them to manufacture articles of impeachment, but they in no way have an actual investigation.
If they bring a full house vote it allows the minority some powers the house dems do not want to allow them to have.

IMO all this is moot anyway as without an actual FAIR process in the house the Senate will dismiss the event as no more than the partisan event is is turning out to be.
While the media would color the american public as "divided" we are still fair minded, and agree our political opponents deserve fair treatment.
There were not many that thought what was done to bill clinton was right; this event will be viewed the same way imo.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You are continuing to post nonsense. There doesn't have to be any vote of the House for a committee to issue subpoenas. There doesn't have to be a House vote to investigate anything. Read these and inform yourself of the simple facts:

Impeachment proceedings may be commenced in the House of Representatives by a Member declaring a charge of impeachment on his or her own initiative, by a Member presenting a memorial listing charges under oath, or by a Member depositing a resolution in the hopper, which is then referred to the appropriate committee. The impeachment process may be triggered by non-Members, such as when the Judicial Conference of the United States suggests that the House may wish to consider impeachment of a federal judge, where an independent counsel advises the House of any substantial and credible information which he or she believes might constitute grounds for impeachment, by message from the President, by a charge from a state or territorial legislature or grand jury, or by petition.

Impeachment and Removal - CRS, page 17

“The impeachment process may be initiated as the result of various actions and events, including the receipt and referral of information from an outside source, investigations by congressional committees under their general authority, or the introduction of articles of impeachment in the form of a House resolution,”

The Impeachment Process in the House - Congressional Research Service

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

There doesn't have to be any vote of the House for a committee to issue subpoenas.

I didn't post that they did.
You are simply distracting from the truth.
tlb

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I've posted the truth. Multiple times. Care to comment on that?

Please stop your incessant sniping at me for no intelligible reason.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I've posted the truth. Multiple times.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I'll wager that the CRS at the Library of Congress is a more reliable source than Obi Wan.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join