It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where’s the Vote to Impeach Trump?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
One. If there was just evidence to Impeach Trump, wouldn’t the Democrats be proud to take the vote at impeachment? Put their names to such a vote?

Two. If the majority of the country by voting districts wanted impeachment, wouldn’t the Democrats be chomping at the bit to hold the vote? Put their names on record for such a vote?

The Democrats are pushing false narratives, and they are not willing to put their individual names on record by taking the vote.

I thought Democrats bravely fought just causes?

One would think they would be more than willing to take a vote for impeachment.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Investigate. Investigate. ...and more, you guessed it, investigation.

Right up 'til late October of next year, I'd guess. Instead of actually accomplishing anything of real value, but that's Congress, in particular, the House right now.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
They can't vote on it. Pelosi could be questioned herself for her son's ties to Ukraine. Schiff would be called to testify for sure.

They will never vote on it.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Just wait someone will be along soon to say " just wait for the investigation to finish"' But then say the fact that Hillary isnt in jail yet is proof she is innocent.

They are schitzo.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Haven't you been paying attention to most of the leftists here?

Impeachment is not a legal process but a purely political one. The "House" consists of any member and not the whole body or even a committee. Nothing says they ever have to vote. The Executive *must* comply because it carries the full force of a legal proceeding even if it is purely political one.

Make sense to you?

Basically, Obama shouldn't have kept office past 2010 if I understand them correctly.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I think the Dems are still trying to gather more evidence so it does not appear to be politically motivated.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Basically, Obama shouldn't have kept office past 2010 if I understand them correctly.

Hey, hey, HEY! We are not talking about Obama! This is about Trump! Obama was innocent as the driven snow (ignore all that evidence against him) but Trump is GUILTY and a liar! We just need evidence... Shiff will find it any day now.

Did I do that right? Been practicing my "Progressive-speak."

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The House cannot impeach without a full vote.
The House CAN hold an inquiry of impeachment without a vote if
The House Judiciary Committee approves the inquiry which
it did a month ago.
The White House does not have to comply with in inquiry but would have to comply with the Senate if
letters of impeachment got that far.

All that and I agree. The Full House should hold a vote to move forward with the inquiry even though they don't have to.

edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 11 Oct 2019 13:02:21 -0500Fri, 11 Oct 2019 13:02:21 -050019102019-10-11T13:02:21-05:00100000002 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Fail.. THat was my conservative-speak.....

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Not politically motivated, you say??

Huh. Well, let's just I say, I disagree with that assessment, and leave it at that.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think the Dems are still trying to gather more evidence so it does not appear to be politically motivated.

OK this Democrat supporter says they are gathering evidence to do something that is political, to not look political..

ONLY DEMOCRATS THINK LIKE THIS!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's political theater. The Dems know what they're doing and the right eats it up like it's going out of style. Divided we fall.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The answer is fairly simple; Credible accusations were made and they are building a case by collecting evidence; just like they do in criminal proceedings. You, in criminal proceedings, don't get arrested and go straight to trial; the prosecution builds their case and then brings it to a grand jury to indict. A trial ensues when the grand jury decides the evidence is sufficient to go to trial. Similar things are happening here.

1. An credible accusation has been made: Check
2. Evidence collection: In progress
3. Grand jury: will be the House of Representatives; action TBD based upon the conclusion of point #2; if Articles of Impeachment are passed, then it goes to the final stage; Trial
4. Trial: TBD; the Senate will act as the jury and will determine "guilt".

As you can see, the impeachment process is still in the early stages; but with a bit of cooperation from those called for testimony, the remainder of the process should move fairly swiftly.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

So they make it appear as politically motivated as possible ... so it wont appear politically motivated. Makes sense.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The general talk is December, its mentioned in the worlds news often, pretty hard to miss.
Apparently they're waiting on the New York case which could include that illegal money to Stormy Daniels he denied ever paying then admitted too, the ten or more different things the Mueller Report found him guilty of that, most here are too scared to even read or too stupid to understand and of course the Ukrainian call plus, trump openly asking China to investigate Biden in front of the worlds press which is impeachable itself.
trump's deranged supporters are dumb enough to believe anything, but there's a reason the paid trolls are running diversion tactics everywhere, it ain't great.
If however Republicans give him a free pass even with a wealth of evidence, out in the real world that party is buried. trumps deranged supporters will celebrate and believe he's innocent but, they also believed in pizzagate and Hillarys child sex dungeon on mars.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

may I ask to whom you are speaking??

I mean you think you have credibility for some reason

how odd.

ETA I want you to quote me in Pizzagate and the Hillary child sex ring

quote ME!
edit on 11-10-2019 by thedigirati because: a brits lives in a fantasy

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

What evidence are they collecting? It's like the police refusing to get warrants to collect evidence, but publicly accusing you of a crime and claim they are investigating.

What is the credible accusation? Trump made the transcripts public. If there is a crime in there then no further evidence is needed. If there is no crime then there is no credible accusation. Only one of those can be true, and one of them has to be true.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

trumps deranged supporters will celebrate and believe he's innocent but, they also believed in pizzagate and Hillarys child sex dungeon on mars.

Ill take Russian collusion for the win Alex...

Talk about gullible and dumb

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Hey, hey, HEY! We are not talking about Obama! This is about Trump! Obama was innocent as the driven snow (ignore all that evidence against him) but Trump is GUILTY and a liar! We just need evidence... Shiff will find it any day now.

TheRedneck

You’re certainly getting better at it.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
The answer is fairly simple; Credible accusations were made and they are building a case by collecting evidence; just like they do in criminal proceedings. You, in criminal proceedings, don't get arrested and go straight to trial; the prosecution builds their case and then brings it to a grand jury to indict. A trial ensues when the grand jury decides the evidence is sufficient to go to trial. Similar things are happening here.

1. An credible accusation has been made: Check
2. Evidence collection: In progress
3. Grand jury: will be the House of Representatives; action TBD based upon the conclusion of point #2; if Articles of Impeachment are passed, then it goes to the final stage; Trial
4. Trial: TBD; the Senate will act as the jury and will determine "guilt".

As you can see, the impeachment process is still in the early stages; but with a bit of cooperation from those called for testimony, the remainder of the process should move fairly swiftly.

1. Some in Congress say it's not credible: Uncheck. This is why the vote is needed.
2. Evidence collection is not in progress. Trump is not giving them evidence they want. He won't without a vote.
3. No Grand Jury. They have to vote again on the articles of impeachment. They did this a couple times a while back and it failed.
4. Senate Majority Leader will not hold a trial. He said he was not going to do it without again, a vote on the inquiry.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join