It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN out of money by the end of October

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

So you have no idea... You just know U.N. = bad for some reason...

What was this process , did you always think of the U.N. that way...

What convinced you theyre evil now?

No need asking the op, he probably knows as much as you as to why he hates the U.N.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Saudi #ing Arabia is head of the human rights council. That is damn near enough for me by itself. Talk about a bad joke...

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Primarily because I am a firm believer in US hegemony, national sovereignty, American manifest destiny, and peace through superior firepower and the UN exists in part to neuter those values.

It isn't programming, it's nationalistic and common sense to despise the UN. Now, from a more pragmatic standpoint, there's also the little issue of the UN serving largely as a sponge for US tax dollars they did nothing to earn or deserve and US soldiers' blood they really did nothing to deserve or earn the right to. There's the fact that the UN runs the IMF and the World Bank and no two entities have been more responsible than they have for keeping 3rd world countries debt laden and downtrodden. There's the fact that the UN routinely attacks issues that are strongly held values for me, such as the right to keep and bear arms, viewing abortion as murder rather than a right, use of capital punishment as the ultimate deterrent to recidivism, interference in sovereign nation's immigration and border defense choices, etc.

In short, I'm not a citizen of the globe. The affairs of this planet outside the borders of the United States do not concern me outside of two questions...
1. How can the United States benefit from this
2. Does the United States need to monitor this
other than that, all the other countries within the UN can mind their own business and do whatever they wish... the UN sees it differently, with their never ending butting in on US policy, judging US policy, criticizing US policy, demanding compliance with their standards despite the fact that we have our own Constitution which clearly states the standards of entities like the United Nations means jack squat within this country's borders. Wars have been fought and Americans have died for sovereignty... I'm not eager to hand it over to a group of bloviating bureaucrats with funky accents and bulging eyes just because they've been chosen by a global cabal to rule over the planet.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Bluntone22

$230 billion is way too much to give to the UN.

That was million, not billion...

But yeah, still way too much...
edit on 11-10-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

No need asking the op, he probably knows as much as you as to why he hates the U.N.

I expect that response from you.
Always questioning the intelligence of people that disagree with you.

The United Nations gets around 25% of it's budget from one country and it is full of corruption and wasteful spending.
The dirty laundry is a mile deep.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I expect that response from you.
Always questioning the intelligence of people that disagree with you.

The United Nations gets around 25% of it's budget from one country and it is full of corruption and wasteful spending.
The dirty laundry is a mile deep.

it's 22% and several countries have not paid their bill this year.

How much Rent does the UN pay the USA each year?? does anyone know???

IMO the UN, becuase it is a "world body" should either be in international waters or

should change countires every few years.

that way the spies got to see more of the world...

Maybe Geneva, next to the world court
edit on 11-10-2019 by thedigirati because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

27.89% this year..

peacekeeping.un.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Meanwhile at the hall of justice.....

Superman unsubscribes from the thread.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

27.89% this year..

peacekeeping.un.org...

yes that is for funding the UN peacekeeping, not funding the UN overall.

yes we pay the most of that as well

Now find out how much the UN pays to be on American property.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Zero

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Maybe they will have a going out of business sale. Dibs on Greenland!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Zero

winner winner chicken dinner

heres a fun experiment, find out how much the rent is in building in the same aera of newyork.

weird the US doesn't get credit for the rent the UN does not pay....

to the rest of the world that is ok.

I think NATO pays rent for it's headquaters in Brussels, how odd.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MachineMan

Maybe they will have a going out of business sale. Dibs on Greenland!

Lets be rational here, the UN saying they're near insolvency is like the Vatican claiming the Catholic Church is broke... both entities have stolen vast amounts of cultural resources, national wealth, art, and most importantly land along side forcing numerous nations into long term deep indebtedness against their IMF that it's literally akin to the Pope decrying the world's greed from atop his mountains of gold.

It's bullsnip from an organization born out of bullsnip and dedicated to bullsnip. The organization was formed to fight against Nazi Germany... part of Germany's goal was to remove sovereignty of all nations they laid hands on and place them under the control of their whims and policies, rejecting any existing freedom which they did not embrace. Sounds sort of like the UN, doesn't it? I'd like to say that the UN at least holds moral high ground over Nazi Germany because they don't participate in genocides... I'd like to say that, but damn it all you've got Darfur, Rwanda, Serbia... the UN stood around with their thumb up their ass and watched millions killed while essentially preventing the world from doing something about it, so yeah, I'm not seeing a big difference between Hitler's vision for the world and the UN.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That New York UN location would make a swell site for a presidential library sometime down the road. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Sell the building and move into a nice tenement in a Third World Country to boost their economy. Cut back on needless air travel in this age of electronic communications where no travel is needed. Lay off all the unnecessary people that are there as favors through cronyism and nepotism. Shut down any programs that are not producing results. Do what we the people do when the incoming does not match the outgoing. Get rid of all the want's in favor of the need's.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sybdragon

I believe you are confusing the UN 'peacekeepers' which come from member state's militaries, with the Syrian White Hats/Helmets. They are not the same thing.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The UN is a joke , they left our boys and girls in sebrenica to fend for themselfs , leading up the the massacre.

They should have eliminated Karadic and his goons with air strikes.

The Dutch soldiers had only light arms fal rifles and Uzi's , karadic came in with armor and arty.

The UN did nothing , the handfull of Blue helmets couldnt do nothing to change the situation even if they died fighting.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Right, U.N. is bad because theyre evil... But At some point they were good basically, because the US started the UN movement, and hosted it. (Go google quick)

Im going to guess by your logic, even though it was the U.S. which was one of the main catalysts for the U.N., whatever evil they are tiday, it's because of the "democrats"...

But still no real reason why you hate the U.N.

It all sounds like regurgitated nonsensical tripe which has no real value for a real answer. Why exactly you hate the U.N.? By that logic you must hate America 🇺🇸?

What country has policed global affairs more than the U.N. itself...

But you both win.
obviously.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

The majority of Republicans were opposed to US membership in the UN when FDR created it. You asked for reasons, I gave you reasons, and I honestly dont give a rat's hairy ass if you accept or agree with the reasons. I'm not the miracle worker, comprehension is entirely your personal responsibility.

I dont hate America, but I despise your vision of it. If it ever comes to full fruition then yeah, screw this country.
edit on 11-10-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Why do you hate the U.N. so much I wonder...

Maybe programming

It's a politically bloated model that hemorrhages everyone's money.

Sure they may do some good here and there, but for the most part you have vastly differing interests from members holding veto power. Anything happening in their sphere of influence will just get vetoed, so essentially it's just a spineless body that can't really do much.

The few things people do agree on in that bureaucratic hell hole are things that they could agree and act on without the UN.

Bingo!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join