It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester shopping centre stabbing incident. Counter-terror police are called in

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
news.sky.com...

Another incident in Manchester, this time at shopping centre and involving someone letting loose with a knife, we don't know at this moment whether this is terror related but a guy was tazered and is now in police custody! They aren't giving out details as to the guys nationality or perceived nationality. Could just b a gang feud type thing but one guy hitting out at 5 others without getting hurt himself seems unlikely. My guess is this is 'terror related' and if so, good job he was caught and tazered before h could anymore damage but imagine if the guy had a bomb on his back, a shopping centre would see mass casualties!

"In these early stages we are keeping an open mind about the motivation of this terrible incident and the circumstances as we know them. "Given the location of the incident and its nature officers from Counter Terrorism Police North West are leading the investigation as we determine the circumstances. "A man in his 40s - who was arrested at the scene on suspicion of serious assault - remains in custody for questioning."

I;'m also guessing that pretty soon, we will see x-ray machines at entrances to shopping centre's just like the new x-ray machines which have been implemented at stratford train station and soon to be across the network!
edit on 11-10-2019 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2019 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Alahoo Akbar!!!!!!!! Or something like that.

a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Yep, I'm guessing so. I'll be surprised if it's anything else to be honest.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

It's Manchester, the odds are that this is gang related and that some of the victims were passers by who tried to interviene.

People in the UK scream "Terror" in much the same way that people in the US scream "Race". It never used to be like that. I spent some time i the UK as a student when the Irish were blowing things up left right and center. I've lost track of how many times i was evacuated because of a real bomb or a bomb threat. I always found the English to be stoic, leve headed and not prone to panic. They were good in a crisis. It was one of their best qualities.

Now, they seem to panic at the drop of a hat.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Well, after that bombing a couple years ago in manchester, I wouldn't be surprised if this was another terror incident!

Says on skynews that

a man was "lunging at multiple people" at random.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

It's,,,, aloha snack bar!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You're not allowed to say that.

For shame...

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Or, could be this...

"Twenty-two people were killed in May 2017 when Salman Abedi detonated a suicide bomb in the Manchester Arena following an Ariane Grande concert - the youngest victim was just eight years old.

Last New Year's Eve, three people including a police officer were seriously injured after a 25-year-old man launched a knife attack on passers-by.

The suspect was heard to shout "Allah" and "Long live the Caliphate" during the incident - he was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and his since been detained under the Mental Health Act".

Just an observation....quack quack ya know.

a reply to: AaarghZombies

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

Tbh, I bet you thought the same about Germany couple of days ago. Only that time it was a white christian neo nazi piece of filth that did the killing and terrorizing part.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Sorry, was that was cultural appropriation?
My bad.

a reply to: gallop

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

allah hahahahaha

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

What x Ray machines are you talking about at train stations...link ?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The really murderous terror attacks were in London yesterday two killed by knives in seperate attacks but the MSM don't force those murders at us www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

Tbh, I bet you thought the same about Germany couple of days ago. Only that time it was a white christian neo nazi piece of filth that did the killing and terrorizing part.

It's not possible to be Christian and neo nazi at the same time.
It's just a mentally ill person.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

If i'm correct nobody started a thread shouting terrorism is bad and denouncing facism over that incident.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Yes I did. Just like everyone else.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
According to MEN (Manchester Evening News), Terror Police have already stood down - in other words, they no longer believe this to be terror related.

And even if it is, it doesn't necessarily mean Islamic - it could equally be other numbskulls (far right, etc). The pic of the arrested dude pinned down certainly seems to have a white leg.....

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
news.sky.com...

Another incident in Manchester, this time at shopping centre and involving someone letting loose with a knife, we don't know at this moment whether this is terror related but a guy was tazered and is now in police custody! They aren't giving out details as to the guys nationality or perceived nationality. Could just b a gang feud type thing but one guy hitting out at 5 others without getting hurt himself seems unlikely. My guess is this is 'terror related' and if so, good job he was caught and tazered before h could anymore damage but imagine if the guy had a bomb on his back, a shopping centre would see mass casualties!

"In these early stages we are keeping an open mind about the motivation of this terrible incident and the circumstances as we know them. "Given the location of the incident and its nature officers from Counter Terrorism Police North West are leading the investigation as we determine the circumstances. "A man in his 40s - who was arrested at the scene on suspicion of serious assault - remains in custody for questioning."

I;'m also guessing that pretty soon, we will see x-ray machines at entrances to shopping centre's just like the new x-ray machines which have been implemented at stratford train station and soon to be across the network!

Not giving out race or nationality unless it's central to the story is standard press ethics in the UK (PCC, Editors Code of Conduct) to avoid racism ad racially charged language.
i.e - A 'black/white/yellow/red/brown' man robbed a shop breaching ethics guidelines as they didn't rob the shop because of whatever race, religion, colour or creed they are.

If a person commited a crime due to their religious, racial, sexual orientation or view then it is ethical and in the public interest to know.
'i.e a white-supremacist,muslim extremist, black panther, millitant from country 'x' went on a stabbing spree.

From the pictures/video footage he appears to be white (see left calf) - has some strange kind of boots on, potentially a Stone Island jacket and all black which could mean spice head/psychotic (but their clothes look clean/new) or National Action (Neo Nazi terror group) or random person who missed meds/snapped because of bad news/underlying issues.

It hasn't been declared a terrorist incident or attack but Counter Terrorism Police North West are heading the investigation as they have 24/7 immediate access to all intelligence services, 5 eyes, the persons internet,phone, movements over the last few years which dramatically speeds up the investigation. Counter-terror and forward intelligence teams, secret services are already based very close by due to recent Tory Party Conference and how Gold, Silver and Bronze command operate in Greater Manchester - evacuation/RV point/forward command is jusr around the corner from the shopping centre.

Eye witnesses have said they don't think it's gang related as he was just stabbing anyone near him, a tragedy but thanks to the quick response he was tasered quickly - and only three people were stabbed (one man with a serious but stable wound), one woman with stabs wounds but not serious and stable and one woman with stab injuries (i.e multiple injuries but less severe than an actual stab wound) another woman received a slight graze (very lucky).

Should have full story by 6pm if not earlier -

a reply to: lakenheath24

The IRA blew up the Arndale centre with weapons supplied by the US, it's the biggest bombing in the UK since WW11 - doesn't mean he's Irish. Don't insult Manchester by chatting that #e.

edit on 11-10-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Apparently the guy was heard laughing loudly according to one article I was reading, make its sound more like someone who just went a bit crazy with a knife.

Most of these types of incidents are investigated by CT Police early on until its ruled out, its happened before in cases where for example someone who drives into a crowd of people accidentally or some other kind of mass casualty situation that is caused by violence. Just because they have been called in doesn't actually means it terrorism just that its part of the investigation. Thats not to say it isn't terrorism rather just to highlight that its still possible this is just a mad man with a knife.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ok, his leg looked white but he is very clearly a black man. Which, other than the colour of his skin, signifies absolutely nothing either way.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join