It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas 12-year-old arrested for pointing 'finger gun' at another student

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox

originally posted by: xuenchen
What would they do if it was the middle finger ? 😃

It seems the middle finger is becoming more acceptable then the ok or gun pointing.

Give it time, that will be considered rape.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Nvm
edit on 11-10-2019 by Shamrock6 because: Who cares

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Is there a point to pointing out stupid #?

How about a thread on dumb laws?

Stop Swearing you!!

Jesus you're cranky these days..

lol

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: hyperlexic

I’m am gonna go ahead and call this being a fake story..

A) so in conservative @$$ Kansas, you had not just one professional adult make a crazy decision.. you had ATLEAST 4-5..

You have the teacher, principal, officer and I’m betting at least a couple more people..

B) I remember the last one of these that went viral..
“Kid arrested for image of gun on his tshirt!!”
In reality he was asked to remove/reverse his POLITICAL shirt because it was school policy. Then he assaulted the school resource officer AND WAS ARRESTED FIR THE ASSAULT!!
didn’t stop every conservative on ATS from buying it..
Some people will believe anything.

I didn't buy it and I didn't comment on it so you are spouting Hyperbole or lying.

This is the type of stuff the left calls lying when President says it, SOO

YOU LIED!!.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Extra 10 years for saying "pew pew pew"

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Actually someone in the class said if you could kill someone who would it be, and they finger pointed a gun towards someone.

A person familiar with a more detailed incident report spoke to The Star on condition of anonymity. The person said that during a class discussion, another student asked the girl, if she could kill five people in the class, who would they be? In response, the girl allegedly pointed her finger pistol — like the ones many children use playing cops and robbers.

Because of that gesture, The Star was told, the girl was sent to Principal Jeremy McDonnell’s office, and the other students involved were also talked to. The school resource officer recommended that she be arrested, the source said. She was detained by police and later released to her mother. A hearing in the Juvenile Division of the District Court of Johnson County is set for Tuesday.

www.kansascity.com...

That's an arrestable offense in middle school? Hilarious.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Would be an interesting thread. I would flag it.

You know there are alot of them out there.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
If this has happened in Kansas (though Overland Park is really closer to Missouri than the rest of Kansas; so maybe it's Missouri's problem), then we are screwed. If this crap has spread into Kansas, then there are no reasonable people left.

It's Overland Park, Johnson County. That explains quite a bit. They go back and forth from democrat to republican in their elected reps.

But the schools are super-sensitive in the metro area as a whole. My 9-year-old was writing a story for school. He was writing a Transformers story. Part of the story centered around a fight over a super laser gun, and he was told that was "not appropriate". How fast could this mother facepalm? It was Transformers, he's 9, and anyone who knows anything about Transformers knows that totally genre appropriate.

The school was lucky I caught him because he was giving them a synopsis of the movie "Bumblebee" (which also has lots of guns in it ...), and steered him down the road he had been on which was his own story.

But yeah, if they don't let 9-year-old boys write about Transformers having guns, then I'm not surprised they don't let middle school girls have finger guns.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Getting kids ready for a ever increasing absurdity of out of control power freaks

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
What would they do if it was the middle finger ? 😃

You mean the ‘assault finger’ ?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I live out in the KC Metro area. It's Johnson County and Overland Park. This is totally true and completely believable.

I realize you think we're all Amish or something out here, but that just goes to show how ignorant you are.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I'll see your statement and raise you with the kid who bit his Pop Tart into the shape of a gun. Or how about the kid who was suspended because he went to the gun range with his Mother?

edit on 11-10-2019 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

This sounds like something out of the damn Onion newspaper.

If I were her I would have pointed my finger 'gun' at the officer and went 'pew pew pew you're an idiot'

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Defence finger

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Strange how this thread is not 20+ pages deep, similar to the nazi pug dog in the UK, when all the Americans liked to gloat over the overbearing police state in which we lived in the UK.

Where is the finger pointing now

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So many ways to go on this....

I need more information!

- In MOST cases, yeah this would be pretty dumb.

- Is this a REAL story?

- What part of Kansas was this in? Good side? Bad side? (is there a good and bad side or just all bad?)

7th graders aren't really just 'kids' in the sense that they're still holding on to innocence. So that leaves me with:

- Was it a 'pew pew' finger gun or was it a 'i'm going to kill you after school - watch your back' finger gun?

When I was in middle school (Thank GOD it was only 1 year in this school), my 6th grade year in Baton Rouge, LA was at 'Capitol Middle'. Anyone here from BR can attest to my words... 6th grade kids brought guns to school, even with a cop at the gate watching everyone come in. This was a school I would not want to piss anyone off in. If someone points a finger gun at you, you probably wouldn't want to show up to school.... ever!

So yeah... There is a difference. I'd have to know more information.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Or how about the kid who was suspended because he went to the gun range with his Mother?

Where, and when, did this happen?? I don't recall hearing about this one...

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Take a look around at the human race.

There isn't enough time to point out the stupid stuff people do.

Another issue is that stupid can't fix stupid.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

the only way stupidity will continue is if smart people do nothing.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Overland Park and KC are so blue it makes the state of KS almost purple.

I remember when KS put a 50 cent tax on each pack of cigs. This was when Sabilus was governor, she threaded to put the highway patrol on the bridge between Mo and Ks to collect the 50 cent tax since people were going to Mo to buy cigs and bring them back to KS.

This is the mentality of that area of KS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join