It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Forcing myself into contention, I have sustained all I can of this planet.

Therein is your problem.
I recommend a daily dose of the Tao Te Ching .

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

It took a lot of courage for you to say all of that. I hope it felt good to get that off your chest.
I don't have the answer(s) you're looking for, but I just wanted to tell you to not give up.

Sometimes happiness has a way of waiting. Too long sometimes. Things are darkest before dawn type of thing.
My dime store psychology advise would be to hold your head high and take pride in making it through the current struggle you find yourself temporarily in. And it is temporary.

Things will get better, but you have to allow them to.
What I mean by that is, sometimes good things can pass you by, if you don't allow yourself to notice or accept them.
Try to enjoy the little things as much as you can. You may be surprised how much it can change the big picture.

Above all, share your feelings honestly, like you did here.
Even if it's a stranger like me, there's always people that are willing to listen and try to help.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I walked a similar way and here's what I learned:

Try actively changing people/world: failed
Be nice and take burden for someone else: failed
Be the best person I can be: worked.

Strangely, working on you is the best way to help others.

Take care and god speed

Jeff

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

We are here to experience greatness in nature, in ourselves, and in other people. When we experience greatness, it brings us slightly closer to what it would feel like to experience the absolute perfection and wholeness that is God. It's a great feeling.

In the meantime, this is what you need to do. You need to have a purpose. Here's how you find a purpose. This video is a map for how you are to live your life so you evolve into something you never would ever have imagined you would be capable of becoming:

The journey described in the video is IT! This is the path that will give you most satisfying life.

edit on 11-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Try Fantasy Football. You can make trades to help people but also yourself. If that doesn't work there is always next season. At some point you will achieve success.

Fantasy Football is not working for me this year. I think it may actually be the source of my current depression.

edit on 11-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Philosophy essay final exam: Answer the following question:

"WHY?"...was the question. Not why what, which etc....just the singular "WHY?"

Preparing to begin an answerer...I just wrote "BECAUSE". Prof called me in to explain ltr, and I received a 90%...only because I failed to explain on paper.

It's the "you exist because you're here" revelation! But, don't spend a lifetime trying to figure out why?!
Because!

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
"Why? In another widely known rumour about a Philosophy exam, a student was said to receive top marks when answering the one word question ‘Why?’ with ‘Why not?’"

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 2019 10 11 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: Fixing link

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

They stole it there too

www.snopes.com...

"Claim: A philosophy professor gives a final exam consisting entirely of a single word: “Why?” One student answers “Why not?” and receives an ‘A’.

LEGEND
Variations:

In a different version of this legend one student receives a top grade for responding simply “Because.”"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join