It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

767-X/XF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
As an alternative to the NMA, Boeing is examining the 767-X and -XF. It would be a 767-400 with extended landing gear, and GEnx engines. The freighter version (-XF) would use the 767-300F forward cargo door. There is currently a 60 aircraft backlog for the -300F.

According to sources, doing this could allow Boeing to take the money from NMA, and use it to accelerate the Future Small Aircraft program to replace the 737.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So its all about what the market wants. Right now, aside from. The question is dusting off a 20 year old design (-400ERX) even with the notional 20% efficiencies of the GENx engines going to be worth it?

Airbus pulled it off a bit with the 330NEO

Cost per seat mile will be key

The PAX difference between a 757-300 and a 767 in 3 class is about 50. You may have more range than you need for a midrange craft but I'm sure they can figure it out.

All new composite wing ala the 777X would go along way but doubtful and lets face it, Boeing may be really gun shy about a new plane after the MAX debacle

GD

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 That, at least to me, looks like it may be a prudent course of action. The FSA becomes more important as the company continues to suffer the effects of the 737 MAX.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GD

It would be prudent, which is why I'm not holding my breath that Boeing will do it. Honestly, I don't see a 767neo being particularly popular with the airlines. You'd think it would be, as it would still have commonality in a lot of areas, but I don't think they could get the cpm down where the airlines will want it to be, even if they put a new wing and engine on it.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: GD

It would be prudent, which is why I'm not holding my breath that Boeing will do it. Honestly, I don't see a 767neo being particularly popular with the airlines. You'd think it would be, as it would still have commonality in a lot of areas, but I don't think they could get the cpm down where the airlines will want it to be, even if they put a new wing and engine on it.

Yeah this could just be a trial balloon to gauge interest OR if they think they can do it cheap enough, perhaps its really pushing it at the cargo market.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I'd be willing to bet it's a push at the cargo market. They have something like 60 freighters on the books still.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I'd be willing to bet it's a push at the cargo market. They have something like 60 freighters on the books still.

True. I'm thinking that we are heading towards a downturn and like post 911 this modern version will die still born like 767-400ERX it will die stillborn

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

There are signs that the order bubble is going to let go in the next couple years. It's going to get pretty brutal after orders are cut and the books are caught up.

new topics

top topics

join