It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't they just...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have heard this advice far too many times.

Why don't you just move?

or

Why don't they just simply move?

Yeah, it's just sooooo easy to pick up your life and move too. Takes no time, effort, resources, luck, or risk.

Just uproot yoselfs and get to that deluxe apartment in the sky, folks! It's just that easy! Dew eet!

#Winning

It's among the most naive bullcorn I've ever heard. Most people simply live paycheck to paycheck, they work to pay rent and bills, and possibly feed kids and grandmama.

That train don't stop. It ain't even slow down.

Anybody who can just up and go to seek that better life is either already well-to-do or has some coin stashed away for them.

I'm going to knee-slap to the groin the next person I hear dole out this crackerjack wisdom.

edit on 10-10-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

We did it.

We lived paycheck to paycheck so tight our daily money was budgeted. One of our paychecks was monthly, not biweekly.

We had barely two cents to rub together, so it was do it or die.

We packed up and moved in two weeks.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Dunno... I've lived in 7 states, 2 provinces and 3 countries in my life.

For work.

I currently live in one state and work in another.

So I don't have to "simply live paycheck to paycheck."

No knee-slap to the groin, please.

It's all about priorities.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I wonder how many of these people who can't afford to move have the latest iPhone when they come out.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

My wife is in banking...
She could tell you some stories

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

My wife is in banking...

I'd believe them. I can't tell you how many of my coworkers complain about never having any money and living check to check and yet afford every new iPhone.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Depends on what your gripe is. Frankly, I get sick and tired of your gripes. Every time I talk to you there is something else wrong with your life. You don't like your neighbors. You don't like your job. You don't like your living arrangements. You don't like your city. You don't like your state. It's one thing or another every damn time. Quite obviously, you don't like it enough to do anything about it.

So why don't you just move?

Or maybe its YOU.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Good rant. Valid rant.

It is said that a death of a loved one or a divorce is the most stressful event one has to go through. And then there is moving. Moving to another place is like a small death and a small rebirth.

I moved 4 or 5 years ago. I am always somewhat of a mess but then i was a turbocharged mess. Scared. But i had been alone in a small apartment for 12 years in a row. Looking at the same neighbors. Same streets. Same trees. Did my grocery shopping in the same store. I had to leave. It didn't help much, the basic problem is that i can't escape from my own brains.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Depends on what your gripe is. Frankly, I get sick and tired of your gripes. Every time I talk to you there is something else wrong with your life. You don't like your neighbors. You don't like your job. You don't like your living arrangements. You don't like your city. You don't like your state. It's one thing or another every damn time. Quite obviously, you don't like it enough to do anything about it.

So why don't you just move?

Or maybe its YOU.

My OP was not autobiographical, but get tired if you must.

edit on 10-10-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I live in New Jersey.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

My wife is in banking...

My wife is into banking too! She just loves using the ATM machine.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

My wife is in banking...

My wife is into banking too! She just loves using the ATM machine.

Okay that made me chuckle

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think I have only ever used one maybe 3 times in my life.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I get it NB. It costs money to move and MANY folks are barely scraping by ( not buying new phones either )... and even moving within your own city whether renting or paying a mortgage incurs extra costs that gets expensive.

Those who can just say “move” as the answer to many problems are blind to the problems moving brings to some.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

5 1/2 years ago I packed everything I could squeeze into my car and moved halfway across the country with only enough money for gas, food and my next car payment. When someone has finally had enough they will find a way!

Sometimes it is better to make a leap of faith rather than live with a lifetime of regrets!

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Moving always depends on your situation. I have been lucky in my life , owning 2 houses, well, paying mortgage on 2 houses at separate times.

Been stuck in a 1 bedroom apartment for 5 years because of a divorce and close to getting out of it soon.

Your situation dictates your living conditions and hopefully you can climb out of that situation.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I'm going to knee-slap to the groin the next person I hear dole out this crackerjack wisdom.

Oh yes finially i see your true colors.

When all else fails start the violence.

Better omit that "Budda" part from your name, clearly your totally misrepresenting yourself.

edit on 11-10-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2019 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Oh c'mon, with this super duper trump economy you should have oodles of money to move with.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh c'mon, with this super duper trump economy you should have oodles of money to move with.

This thread isn't even about me. I'm ranting from a third party perspective.

It's about very black and white advice being given to a much more complicated issue.

Don't let that stop the personal attacks from our rabid dog members though.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

This thread isn't even about me. I'm ranting from a third party perspective.

It's about very black and white advice being given to a much more complicated issue.

Don't let that stop the personal attacks from our rabid dog members though.

Yes but come on. It is truly a black or white question to just move to solve all your problems. You addressed that question and i applaud you for that. Of course you will get BS from "Know-it-all-members" but please do not sink to their depths. You already know better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join