It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channeling RA, Zoroastria?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost
to say the least, i am in awe.

without getting too personal lets just say that i have some major qualms with organized religion.

i am impressed with this thread, and want to expirement with 'meditation'. i know there are many methods and techniques. I just want to play with the basics. Unfortunatley I am a very undisciplined person. I have addictions, habits. Where do I start?

I find it very difficult to meditate. I know hundreds of techniques (thank you Shiva). I can numb my body in a matter of minutes. My problem is I fall asleep. I have recently discovered that something will sometimes wake my consciousness up after I fall asleep but while my body is still paralyzed. Something I'm going to have to experiment with.

Anyway, because I've found it difficult I use another route. I attempt to meditate constantly by separating the ego and concentrating on learning all the things that go on around me. I snap myself awake at different times by forcing my mind to go blank. Doing this during a situation that gets me angry or irritated does well for broadening the thought process and seeing things that the emotion usually overshadows.

Basically, my suggestion is to make mental reminders. If you get irritated when driving make a mental reminder to become aware of it. Think about the people that get you irritated. I usually use logic to balance out the emotion. Not to suppress the emotion; never to suppress. But to get to the root and see if it's valid. "People are as annoyed as I am having to be slaves to a clock and be out here in this traffic" That kinda thing where you balance the emotion with logic. This helps get rid of the ego. It gets rid of the ego with logic by expanding your realm of thought. With the example given above you have now expanded your thoughts to include other people. It's much harder to be irritated that way.

I could write at length on all the different techniques I made up to help me free my mind from the automatic programs that I allowed while growing up. But ultimately it's up to each of us to do what best fits for ourselves. Become aware of every action you take each day. Become aware of all your thoughts. Become aware of thoughts you don't like. Become aware of everything you can as often as you can. Then experiment with your life. Test different situations. Balance out the anger emotion with logic then compare the differences in feeling. Compare and contrast is an excellent tool.

If you want me to expand on any of this or have other more specific questions let me know.

By far the easiest way to meditate is to use who you are. No need to go against the grain. You are where/who you are for a reason. Find those reasons. Examine those reasons. Don't judge good or bad. I'm a lazy bass turd myself. I use it to my advantage. I use my addictions to my advantage to. The universe is there for me to use not to label.

Ok, I'm going on another novel here.

Good Luck!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Peace Indigo_Child

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I am still reading the course. It is more heavy on doctine and informaton than it is on techniques. I am reading it slowly, taking it on one sweep does boggle the mind.

I see.

Perhaps I should have suggested starting with the Karma and Meditation Courses first.

If you study them in the following order, The Dream Yoga course will make a whole lot more sense:

1) Karma

2) Meditation

3) Dream Yoga

I Hopes this helps.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource

Originally posted by lost
i am impressed with this thread, and want to expirement with 'meditation'. i know there are many methods and techniques. I just want to play with the basics. Unfortunatley I am a very undisciplined person. I have addictions, habits. Where do I start?

I find it very difficult to meditate. I know hundreds of techniques (thank you Shiva). I can numb my body in a matter of minutes. My problem is I fall asleep. I have recently discovered that something will sometimes wake my consciousness up after I fall asleep but while my body is still paralyzed. Something I'm going to have to experiment with.

See above post^^^.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by betaiso
lets face it, we all can't be the chosen one

Haven't read all of the posts in this thread yet, so I hope I don't step on any toes. What attracted to me to this thread in the first place. Was seeing the word Zoroastrian in the title. Not a very common word. I myself heard it for the first time, a day or two ago. While reading about the Iranian New Year. So I found it interesting, seeing this word twice. For the first time in my life, within a couple of days of eachother. I am sure there will be useful information in this thread, and intend to read it in full when I have more time on my hands. I just wanted to add, what I read about Zoroastrian beliefs to the mix. I didn't see this discussed in any of the posts that I have read to this point.

You can read about the Zoroastrian belief system here:
www.cais-soas.com...

Some highlights:
Iranian New Year's ideological roots
Noruz/Nowruz, or new day, is the celebration of spring equinox. It is the most cherished of all the Iranian festivals and is celebrated by all. This occasion has been renowned in one form or another by all the major cultures of ancient Mesopotamia. What we have today as Noruz with its' uniquely Iranian characteristics has been celebrated for at least 3,000 years and is deeply rooted in the rituals and traditions of the Zoroastrian belief system in the Sassanid period.

This was the religion of ancient Persia before the advent of Islam in 7th century A.D. The familiar concepts of Hell, Heaven, Resurrection, coming of the Messiah, individual and last judgment were for the first time incorporated into this belief system. They still exist in Judo-Christian and Islamic traditions.

For the ancient Iranians, Noruz was a celebration of life. They felt forces of nature, that were completely beyond their control, had a dominant effect on their lives. They formed a union with these forces to protect themselves. Through this union they created a balance and maintained cosmic order, or Asha. Without it there would be chaos, dominated by the Hostile Spirit (Ahriman). Zoroastrians were and are required to have the same mind, the same voice and act the same way as their god Ahura Mazda. They are expected to only think of good things, speak the good words and act the good deeds. This way they managed to keep their balance. Noruz was an occasion when life with all its glory was celebrated and cherished.

In response to your statement Betaiso, this is what Zoroastrians believe about it. I thought that was interseting, that your statement was addressed in the description of their belief system. Now that's syncronicity!

"The struggle between Good and Evil continues for 12,000 years. There are four periods, each 3,000 years long. At the last phase several saviors appear, and the last one Saoshyant will save the world. When he comes there is Resurrection, walking over the Chinvat bridge (Sarat bridge in the Qoran) and Last Judgement. We recognize this figure as the Lord of Time (Imam Zaman) in Shi'ite Islam."

So the Zoroastrians believed there will be several saviors.

Tom Sawyer

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is so exciting!!!
Shadow, you sound pretty experienced in meditation and such things, I will definately try that tech. you posted. I agree with everyone about this being an amazing thread. I just found it too coincidental that I had been channeling.....I used the info to go to that Crystalinks site.....saw the name Zoroaster.....came to this site, and saw Indigo's first post here.......and here we all are. That is AWESOME!! I think everyone should try this and post what they get out of it.

I've been working with my dreams lately, and I get the most amazing answers. I have all the answers to the universe, and can see the way everything works, like the inside of a clock. I understand so clearly.....then when I try to translate what I came across into my conscious thought....I just can't grasp it all. It's weird, and hard to explain.
This is why i think that my higher self is trying to teach me about language.
I think we are truly on to something here.............

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
shadowhasnosource,

thank you for your suggestions. i think my problem is mostly myself, and unfortunatley in the end it will be me that changes me. if by meditating you mean pondering and being critical of oneself, i think i do that often. I however have troubles putting myself on a schedule. it just comes up when it comes up -and im a sucker to my addictions and habits.

I can only experiment with my life as far as my addictions will allow. But I totally agree about balancing out the anger emotion with logic then compare the differences in feeling. Well said.

i have no problem criticizing my self, but i dont have the will-power to reverse those critical points. i really apprieciate the advice though.

tamahu,

also -thank you. I have not yet checked out your links but I will. Once I get a firmer grasp I will be back.

[edit on 23-3-2005 by lost]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Sorry, for this late response friends. I've had quite a turbulent night. I spent most of the time at the hospital besides my mother who had a heart attack last night. I gave her some healing with green light from the earths energies to burn away the blackness on her heart. I surrounded her in an encapsulating green and yellow aura. She will be fine. Her condition has improved. I told her a few weeks ago she had a severly blocked heart chakra, and if it is not healed, it could cause heart related disease - but she did not listen much. Now, she's had a heart attack. She did not know she had heart problems till today.

She told me the day before she had a precongitive dream. She dreamt she had a heart attack and she was in hospital. Yep, that came true. Please, pray for her or do a meditation for her "Indigo's mom"

Please, if any of your chakra are blocked, then work on them. Because, if not healed, disease will develop. The same happened to this man who had communication problems all his life. His throat chakra was blocked. He died of throat cancer.

When my mom is discharged from the hospital. I have promised her regular healing and forbidden her from worrying and being fearful. That is what caused her heart problem. Excessive fear and worrying. So, if you are a fearful or worrying type of person, chances are your heart chakra is blocked too.

Shadow,

As usual your words are wise and powerful. I am considering starting a web site to put this information and other related information on. I will let you know if I start it.

Entiti,

Thank you for sharing your channeling. I enjoyed reading them. I am going to read it again when my mind is less preoccupied and discuss it. I would love to read your other sessions too.

Duh squared,

Thank you Duh squared. I actually already do have celestite, it is among my favourites. Remember, when I said I got two new crystals today. The white pearly one was the celestite. In my next session I will do it while holding onto one.

As for my guide. I feel the highest energy from him. In some of his words, it's almost as if my guide is god himself. Hence, why I say he's from the highest energy of god. I have been told Zoroastria is a Guardian. So, it could be Zoroastria is my guardian, my teacher, my ascended master. I don't know what to call him. I completely agree, he is a very divine and high being.

Spoodini,

You are right. I should help as many people as I can. I have the wrong idea of reaching some level before I can do this. I should just share what I know and touch as many people as I can. Not, because I want to accure Karma. But, because it's right.

Lost,

I am very happy that this thread has helped you look at spirituality in a new light. We can all have a relationship with god. God can be our friend, partner, lover, father, mother, even our son. Each of those personalities and relationships are an aspect of his divine energy. Whatever you need, be it knowledge, enlightenment, love. You can ask for from god. Ask and you shall receive.

As for meditation techniques. Meditation is like taming an animal. Here, the animal is the mind. It takes time to tame an animal. In the same way it takes time to tame the mind. However, as soon as you are in control, you can ride that animal called the mind and be it's master.

Sit down on a chair upright and feet on ground, preferably wearing light and loose clothes to aid blood circulation. Relax. Then close your eyes and take a deep breath, and become aware of the breath. Feel the oxygen entering your mouth or nose and travelling to your chest - to your lungs and filling them. Let your chest and shoulders rise naturally as the oxygen fills your lungs. Then breathe out and feel the air emptying from the lungs and leaving through your mouth or nose. Let your chest and shoulders fall. Keep doing it for 5-10 min. That's it. That's one of the best meditations; Pranayama.

This is an effective and easy meditation. Because, you are not having to concentrate on holding a single thought. All you are doing is breathing, except deeper and being aware of the passage of the breath. Do this daily and as it becomes more natural to you, increase your meditation to 20 min, then 40 min, then an hour. Make it your routine. The more you do it, the more you will begin to enjoy it and want to do it more.

Another meditation you can do, which is also easy. Is to simply sit down again in the same position and close your eyes for 30 min. This is called the TM technique by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. That's it. Just close your eyes and let your thoughts flow in and out. Easy, right?

The more fun meditations, called "creative meditation" or visualisation and the easiest to do. Is again sit in the same position and close your eyes. Now, visualise yourself taking on a journey and create this journey with your own thoughts. Make it as vivid and as beautiful as you can. Make it larger than life. Engage all your senses - feel it, see it, hear it, smell it, taste it. Do this for 5-10 min and increase the times.

The whole purpose here is not to concentrate on any thoughts. Rather to create a flow of thoughts. An example could be seeing yourself grow wings, and taking to flight in the blue skies and flying in the white glowing clouds and seeing the sun light up the sky. Seeing the land and the ocean below with such clear vision that belies reality. Then you fly higher into space, only that it is not black, it is a rainbow of colours and you are flying amongst the colours etc. Keep creating as you go. You can even get guided meditation tapes that already have such journey scenorios pre-made. All you do is go along with it with your own thoughts.

If the guided meditation says "you are flying in the sun-lit sky" then with your own thoughts you see this. You create the colours, the sky and the visuals. What you create will tell you a lot about you as a person.

This kind of meditation is great for developing your psychic and intuitive skills. As you are engaging the right hemisphere of your brain throughout the meditation which deals with imagination.

Mantra meditation is also quite simple. Sit down in the same position again, close your eyes or keep them open if you want and chant a mantra for 5-10 min. The best mantra is OM or AUM. However, there are many others like RAM, YAM, HAM. The sound that is the most resonant is the best. When you chant the mantra sound it out so that it creates a resonance. Don't just say OM - say OOOOOOOOOM. The vowels, such as the O in OM release endorphins into your body and create a sensual and pleasant feeling and also relaxes you. Increase the durations of these meditations as you become more confident in them.

Finally, advanced meditation. Now, this one isn't easy. That is why I recommend you do the easy ones outlined above first, before you try this. In this meditation you have to focus and concentrate your mind on one object, thought or symbol. It could be complete silence. I use silence mostly for these kinds of meditations. Now, as the human mind is always creating thoughts, we need to be able to still those thoughts and create silence. However, the aim is not to force yourself to stop thinking. Rather, to just observe your thoughts and not attach to them. Just let them flow in and out. Every moment between a thought is silence. We try to concentrate on that silence. The more you do this meditation, the longer the durations of the moments of silence. I call this serenity and stillness. Also called Golden silence or Nirvana.

You don't need to use silence. You could concentrate on a thought such as "happiness" "love" "joy" "success" or any word, concept or problem you want to work on. Or a symbol/visual such as the symbol of aum or the cross or see visuals of light, flowers etc.

A lot of people meditate with a problem to see what they will get in meditation. Such as the zen masters who would meditate on a koan, or a logical paradox like the "sound of one hand clapping" to see what they would learn or receive in meditation. You could meditate on "time" or "soul" to see what you get. This is quite similar to channeling.

Finally, you could do combination meditations. To get the best of both. You could to breathing and visualisation meditations at the same time. The simplest and certainly a highly recommended meditation - is colour breathing. When you do the breathing meditation/Pranyama just visualise that you are breathing in colors and the colours are rushing through your body. You could use one colour for the entire meditation or you could use several. What I do is work through them in the order of the light spectrum.

You could see yourself as a Pyramid that is receiving a colour from the universe and glowing. The possibilities are endless - because imagination is endless.

So there you go. I hope this has demystified meditation. It really is very simple and like all skills and abilities - practice makes perfect. Do a meditation daily and if you want vary your meditations throughout the week.

Just a note: Some people also do a protection and grounding ritual before they begin. This is simply just thought and visualising. Sit there in the position prescribed above and state an affirmation before you begin your meditation slowly and intently e.g. "I will be protected from all negative influences/energies" and visualise yourself in life-size bubble of gold or white energy. This is your psychic forcefield. Nothing negative can penetrate it.

Then ground yourself with a similar ritual. Visualise yourself as being anchored to the Earth. See it as energetic roots growing from underneath your feet and going deep into the earth. So that your feet feel heavy to lift. This is so you don't become light headed and prevents you from leaving your body. When meditation sessions are over, you will always be somewhat light headed, so simply repeat the grounding at the end.

You may also want to, because I do, make a prayer or invocation to your angels or higherself, guides, universe, or indeed all of them, based on what you believe. Simply say what you want them to do for you. I say this "I call upon god, my angels and guides to assist me in this meditation, to make this moment as pure and divine as possible. To be me with in this moment and to protect me. I now call upon my Mother Earth to allow my lie in her lap and protect me with her warmth and love and then my father(god) to place a blanket of golden white light around me, so that no negativity, external or internal, can affect me.

I also do something else. Again, you could do the same. I first declare who I am, what is my purpose and my goal for meditation. This usually becomes a conversation with god and is different everytime. Something like this "I am a spiritual being. I encompass the entire universe. I am the mirocosm of the universe. A part of the universe. A child of God. My qualities are love and peace. For these are my fathers qualities and I aspire to be more like him. I am a soul on a journey to the source of god. This has always been my journey and this where I am going. In this meditation I will link to god, the universal consciousness and become one with him. He is an ocean of knowledge, of peace, of love and I will drink from this ocean"

Finally, you can enhance the experience even further by playing ambient music and/or incense or burning your favourite oils. Make this experience as beautiful, as fulfilling as you want. Make an altar where you do your meditations and place on it what you want or what you like - such as crystals, pictures, objects that mean something positive to you. This even furthers the experience.

My routine is as follows for daily meditation:

1. Bath
2. Then I sit before my altar, which has crystals and a candle on it.
3. I light the candle and burn some incense and then play music
4. I ground myself and then state my affirmations and prayer
5. I start meditation

You can do as much as you want. It is better you do more than less. However, you don't have to do any of the rituals, though it is advised you do to enhance and protect yourself.

I have considered becoming a hermit. I am not sure I am ready for it.

Tamahu,

I am not sure Samuel's teachings are for me. There are quite a few things I don't approve in his teachings.

1) Calling gay people degenerated and disgusting and saying they are not capable of good thought etc. Now, I am not gay myself, but such intolerance for a certain kind of sexuality is not very enlightened. I use to think like him before. But, now I'm accepting of gay people and lesser judgemental.

2) No sex. Apparently Kundalini can only be activated by become celibate. Did I read that right? and sex is not a higher spiritual act and masturbation is some kind of sin. I don't agree

3) Samuel claims to be uniting all religions under one banner - his banner. Yet, there are so many differences between these religions, that it's irreconciable. Most of the verses he takes from the bible do not even support the eastern doctrines of spirituality.

So overal, I am not all that impressed.

[edit on 23-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

2) No sex. Apparently Kundalini can only be activated by become celibate. Did I read that right? and sex is not a higher spiritual act and masturbation is some kind of sin. I don't agree

This is also something I ran into when reading that material. But then there is another place where he says that sexuality is part of the process, so which is it?

If I have to give up sex in order to reach the astral plane, sure, I'll do that, but others have reached it without such sacrifices, from what I have heard. I think the key is to never be 'vampiric' or 'unloving' in regard to sex. I am curious also as to how lust creates cancer, as the material says. I found that to be an interesting statement.

I like what I have read about Samael Aun Weor, but this question of lust/sexuality needs to be answered a little better, IMO.

IC: I am praying for your mother. How interesting that she had a precognitive dream about her heart attack. In any case, to have the love of her child is probably the greatest benison. I wish her a quick recovery.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Peace Indigo Child

I send blessings to your Mother as well.

It is taught that reciting the "O" Mantra will work on The Heart Chakra.

smallpeeps & Indigo Child

I'll explain the aspect you inquire of, soon if possible.

For now I'll say, that Love between Man and Woman(Sex) can indeed be separated from Lust.....

Later...

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Indigo,

Can you ask who is making crop circles and what they mean?

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Please, pray for her or do a meditation for her "Indigo's mom"

I am wishing your mother (and you) a wonderful and successful time of healing and recovery. I know what such an experience is like to endure. I am most grateful for the happy recovery/resolution I received when in a similar position to yours, and am praying your mother's well being and a long healthy life here.

Thank you Duh squared. I actually already do have celestite, it is among my favourites. Remember, when I said I got two new crystals today. The white pearly one was the celestite. In my next session I will do it while holding onto one.

I wonder if you are thinking of selenite, a pearly white stone whose "strength is in its gentleness" and is wonderful for soothing and patience, and lightening up/pain relief. A great stone to hold in stressful times.

Celestite is a crystaline/terminated icey-sky blue quartz-like crystal. I am sure, if you don't have it already, you'll come across some, as you (clearly from the name) are drawn to the blue frequency- and its associated with the throat chakra. I have seen it everywhere lately, and the man who owns the crystal store told me he thought it was due to the current warring state of the world, and that it is mother nature's way of offering hope and calming to those who wish for a more peaceful planet. here's a photo of it...

May you and your mom both be well.

Odd

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
don't you mean "Zarathurstra", rather than Zoroastria? I'm not familiar with the latter.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thanks for everyone for your prayers and well wishes for my mom. Now, that's my healing, your healing and prayers and my mom angels and her faith. She will do more than recover, her heart will become stronger than before.

Small peeps, lust is not an act of spirituality. It is a physical thirst. While sex is an expression of love. However, Samuel seems to be condemning sex in general. You must become celibate.

Shadow, I will see in the next session. Personally, I have no interest in crop circles. I think my next session will be some time later. As I still not in the state to another session - as i'm spending a lot of time at the hospital.

Duh Squared, the person who sold it to me said it was celestite. It seems they confused it with celenite. I still love it, whatever it is called. Just looking at the picture you posted, I can see it's psychic potential.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Small peeps, lust is not an act of spirituality. It is a physical thirst. While sex is an expression of love. However, Samuel seems to be condemning sex in general. You must become celibate.

This is actually the exact opposite of the truth.

Where did you get this idea?

If this is the main thing keeping you from studying what he has to offer, then I definitely suggest reading this excerpt:

Celibacy - Samael Aun Weor

More on this later.

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Indigo,

Sorry to hear about your mom, I will keep her in my thoughts and mediataions i do today.

About the sex Stuff. If in oerder to achive inlightment you have to give up sex???? I don't think so, IF we where not ment to have sex we wouldn't of been give the parts to do so. Sexauilty is part of the human being as a whole and to take that away only takes awy ones human ness???

Peace

Zintac

P.s. yeah i know the gramer sucks but it's 1:30 am here

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Peace Zintac

Who is saying that one has to give up Sex?

I'm certainly not.

And Indigo Child isn't either.

Though I'd say that one has to give animal lust in order to progress spiritually.

That's why I posted this:

[edit on 24-3-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Who is saying that one has to give up Sex?

I'm certainly not.

And Indigo Child isn't either.

Though I'd say that one has to give animal lust in order to progress spiritually.

That's why I posted this:

[edit on 24-3-2005 by Tamahu]

Yes i can agree with that.

I guess thats what i get for trying to jump back into the conversation. O well point made and all.

Peace
Zintac

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Oh okay.

I meant "give up" animal lust.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Oh okay.

I meant "give up" animal lust.

LOL
i read that like 4 times befor i posted and never caught that, Trust me i knew what you ment anyways.

Peace

Zintac

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
tamahu,

im still reading the karma part, but it definetley rings true. it is a great way to look at the universe. cause and effect applies to unseen energies too. it really makes sense. this part hit home -

This is why those who are angry cannot simply stop being angry. Nor can those who are addicted easily drop their addictions: they have created a lot of karma for themselves: karma in the form of energy trapped in the subconscious.

Might i ask who is Samuel Aun Weor? im going to do some thinking - try to be more objective and observe my instinctive reactions in hopes to thwart them. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join