It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants to become a deity?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I post this in here, because my belief structure is heavily rooted in the paranormal, moreso than the religious, though it could probably fall under the guidelines of either this or the religious forums.

Who wants to become a deity? Certainly not I. I also do not want to lead the next religion. I post this because it seems that recently, several people have expressed interest in my belief structure, and after answering their questions, several seem to follow my words as though they were gospel. This makes me uneasy, since I am just an average person, like the rest of you, with a few interesting experiences, and oddball tidbits of knowledge. I am not a religious leader. The few people that I have taught in the ways I know were selected for very specific reasons, and none now follow me as a leader. I don't want this job, so please don't give it to me.

Has anyone else had a similiar experience? I'm just interested in knowing if I seem to be unique in this, or if there's others out there who have been placed in a similar predicament.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by obsidian468]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Who wants to become a diety?

I do, I do.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I think you mean deity. I believe that we originally were deity beings, and that is what we will become, and that I what I would want to become, but not more than I would want to become one with god.

A deity being, is like a god, beings that have great spiritual and mental abilities, that can control space and time. These beings are so powerful that with just intention/thought they can manifest anything. They are able to visit any anywhere in the universe or other universes. They are very much like the fictional race of the Q from Star Trek.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well indigo, i dont think he was meaning deity that litrealy he was jsut meaning a religious leader.
If i had to the chocie to be Q.......i would kill everyone i love for it lol

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I think you mean deity. I believe that we originally were deity beings, and that is what we will become, and that I what I would want to become, but not more than I would want to become one with god.

Thank you for correcting my spelling.... it's been corrected (at least it was a consitent mistake
).

My beliefs on the subject and yours disagree, and I'm willing to simply agree to disagree on it, since I'm not posting this thread for a theological debate. However, I was thinking more along the lines of a religious/theological leader, thought of by his followers as a diety (much like David Koresh, though without the whacked out, gun toting, suicidal side).

A deity being, is like a god, beings that have great spiritual and mental abilities, that can control space and time. These beings are so powerful that with just intention/thought they can manifest anything. They are able to visit any anywhere in the universe or other universes. They are very much like the fictional race of the Q from Star Trek.

This is something that I firmly believe we can all attain in time. Personally, I believe I already have attained it (I call it transcendence, and to me, it's not so much becoming godlike, as assuming a permanent place in the spirit world, with all the abilities and powers that it provides). The results of the abilities in the physical world, however, tend to manifest themselves more often through non-paridoxical means, however (meaning that even though an event is the result of a supernatural entity, it is acheived through a means that can be scientifically explained, and therefore doesn't mess with the human concept of reality).

I have a feeling that much of my belief structure will come forth in this thread, though only as it is needed to answer questions. I've already explained much of it in another thread, and don't wish to type it all out again here.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
Well indigo, i dont think he was meaning deity that litrealy he was jsut meaning a religious leader.

You are correct. Any thoughts on the subject?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
A deity being does not mean religious teacher, rather it means god or god-like or even divinity. However, in this context, I'll take deity being to mean religious teacher to not overcomplicate matters.

Now, I am going to use another term, because I do not like the term "religion" because spirituality is not a religion. So, I will use spiritual teacher/master.

A spiritual teacher/master can only teach a truth, when he knows that he knows the truth. We are all spiritual teachers, and when we know a truth, we teach it.

I can teach you that that god is pure love, because love is the greatest state of being. I can justify this to you logically, by saying that for there to be life and existence, there can only be a creative and infinite positive cohesive force to bind existence. When, we experience this infinite life force, we experience infinite love. This is why god is correlated with love.

This is an absolute truth, it makes sense, it can be experienced, and it can be objectively verified.

I can teach you that consciousness is the source of the universe, because something cannot arise from nothing. There cannot be order and perfection from disorder and imperfection. This is a basic law of the universe, it is called entropy. I can show you objectively, that consciousness, I am, can be verified ontologically by thought and that it cannot arise from disorder, as there is no phenomena in our objective universe that can cause dust to self assemble and aggregate to form consciousness.

I can verify through quantum dynamics, that reality, is holographic, that it simply a vibration, and it created by the observor. The universe is created by a universal mind. This can be verified by experience, when we meditate, quiten our mind and link with the universe. It can be verified by parapsychological scientific studies into psychic phenomena. I can show you by mathematics how there is apparent order in chaos.

I can teach you that should pray and/or cite positive affirmations and meditate daily. That is because it has a positive effect on your consciousness and your well being. You will be more healthy, relaxed, calm think more clearly and more succesfull. This can verified experientially, as in, you will feel the positive effects. It can also be verified through scientific studies.

I can teach you that there is an absolute mind and you are actually one with the entire universe and a microcosm of it. I can prove this to you logically, by explaing you as a constituent of effects of the universe, as being simply a vibration, and everything else as a vibration. You can again experience this by meditating and linking with the entire universe and feeling as one. Sometimes, these experiences happen sponltaneously. You could be gazing into the stars at night and suddenly feel connected with them.

I can explain this scientifically by showing how you are affected by the phases of the moon, orientation of planets and the circadian rhyhms. This can also be verified by astrology.

I can teach you that shape, sounds, colour and orientations affect your state of being and how certain shapes, colors and orientations are more "sacred" than others. I can prove this scientifically on how certain colours and sounds affect neurotransmitters in your brain and create emotions. I can prove to you how sound and shape can be used to create light through the phenomena of sonoluminance.

This can be experienced and objectively verified, by seeing how certain colours affect you and how shapes and certain arrangements uplift or depress an environment or surrounding. This can be further verified with vaastu shastra and Feng Shui.

But, what I won't teach you, that there are after lives. Because I don't know what happens after death, because I have not experienced spirits or astral realms. This is not knowledge that I own. I believe in reincarnation and realms, but I have not experienced them, thus I know not.

These is how you separate pure spirituality from religion. Pure spirituality is formed of absolute truths, and they can be objectively verified, explained, understood, experienced, proven. Yet, religous truths, cannot.

You cannot prove that God is an all loving, but if you don't pray to him, he will send you to hell to perish. That is nonsense; religon is full of them.

An ascended master is simply someone who knows all these absolute truisms. A spiritual teacher is someone who knows some of the absolute truisms.

We are there teaching each other all the time, as soon as we can explain, understand and experience truth. Then we are ready to teach to others. We are not only here to learn, but teach. So, we all are "deities" in that respect.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Very good post as per usual Indigo_Child, I enjoy reading all of your posts. You have my way above top secret vote. Can you inform us as to where these universal truths can be learned? I would very much like to know. I too am not religious. I feel they are a waste of time, and have caused nothing but war in the history of the human race, because their ideas cannot be proven. Spiritual truths, however, are a different matter to me. I meditate and affirm daily. I feel the vibrations. I also feel the need to learn more about these truths. Please point me in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't think I know of any person who has been placed into a position of 'spiritual leader' by themselves. Sure, there are the crack pots who lead cults and the such, but what I am referring to are the true leaders/teachers. We are just gradually placed into those positions by others.

For example... me.

I never sought students or to put my ideas into others. The things I know (for myself) or have done (for myself) have always been just that, for myself. Who in their right minds would want to experience half the things I have? Or learn what I had discovered? If I had the choice, I even wouldn't! But that is where the problem lies...

People would come to me to ask a couple questions, or explain what it is they are doing; I would either help them, or give advice, or give them helpful hints and suggestions. Unless something drastic were to happen with what they were doing, I would allow them to continue without interferring... after all, half the point of learning is doing. All I would do, all I could do, is offer a hand, or an idea.

Then it got to the point where others started to come to me... some whom I haven't the faintest idea of who they are (they have come across my name through the Internet). Some of the questions concern experiments, others spirituality, and some ask my opinions on some subjects.

Unknowenly, or due to the actions of others, I have been placed in the role of teacher.

I honestly don't mind it... if there had been someone I could have approached at an earlier age, I may have done the same thing; if I can help others by eliminating the "trial and error" or the harmful things, so be it. But never have I ever sought out to become a teacher/mentor/leader. How can I, when there is still so much for me to learn?

That is a good quality of a teacher, though... knowing that one doesn't know everything. There is always room to grow. To say you can teach, and expect others to believe that you know everything... that's limiting yourself, your students, your mind.

Am I a good teacher? I'd like to think so... my students learn, I learn... and we all grow together. So how does that make me a teacher, when I am learning from my students? I would have to say that my experiences, knowledge (so far) is what drew them to me... people, good people, are able to recognize certian things in others. That is probably why they sought me, instead my trying to find followers.

I would never have done that, that isn't me... too many negatives related to that, you know? But by them seeking me, it shows that I do have something they can learn from, even if it is my mistakes.

*whew*

Seem to be repeating myself, huh?

Now, even though I wouldn't call myself a teacher... I would love to be a god! Maybe something like Raistlin from the DragonLance books...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I am certainly not placing myself in the role of "spritual leader". I am who I am. Nothing more, nothing less. I am a guardian and protector, not a shaman, priest, sage, or what have you. The few students I have taught sought me out, and because of what I felt within them, I felt compelled to teach them. I have only taught three people so far, and turned down a great deal more than that who have asked for teaching. The only lesson I ever provide to anyone who asks without hesitation is "Think for yourself, and make your own decisions." Unfortunately, it seems that several people think that means to follow my words, and do as I do, which is the complete opposite of what I mean by that statement.

As I've stated, I do not wish to be placed in a role of religious or spiritual leader. Doing this would detract from my reasons for being on this Earth. I am here to protect from the shadows, not lead from the light.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Indigo Child, thank you for an excellent post! It's what I wanted to say and more. Are we not deities already? We are all God, for nothing is separate, and everything is consciousness. We just have to learn how to use our abilities - the pure creative force of the Universe. It's so beautiful...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468

As I've stated, I do not wish to be placed in a role of religious or spiritual leader. Doing this would detract from my reasons for being on this Earth. I am here to protect from the shadows, not lead from the light.

Well Obsidian, I think your problem is that you glow in the dark. I know, I know, that sounds silly, but think on it a minute.

"In a world filled with anger, violence and prejudice an enlightened soul will glow as surely as a firefly in the dark of a moonless night, as if a beacon to other truth seekers. Glowing in the dark of this world is a part of being enlightened."

Now, you can continue to turn your would be disciples away but it will be somewhat difficult to keep them from coming to you in the first place. Its not that they mean harm, only that they seek. There is no harm in looking for light upon the path one walks.

Than again, this is just my humble opinion.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Mormons want to become a diety...it is the focus of the whole religion practically.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Well Obsidian, I think your problem is that you glow in the dark. I know, I know, that sounds silly, but think on it a minute.

"In a world filled with anger, violence and prejudice an enlightened soul will glow as surely as a firefly in the dark of a moonless night, as if a beacon to other truth seekers. Glowing in the dark of this world is a part of being enlightened."

Now, you can continue to turn your would be disciples away but it will be somewhat difficult to keep them from coming to you in the first place. Its not that they mean harm, only that they seek. There is no harm in looking for light upon the path one walks.

Than again, this is just my humble opinion.

Love and light,

Wupy

You know, I think you're on to something. In my ranting in this post, I seem to have lost sight of the fact that enlightenment (and even the potential for it) do glow brightly. This is how those that have sought me out have found me, as well as how I've chosen who to teach.

I also don't mean to shun those who may look to me for advice. That's not my intent in this thread. I wish to inform those that think of me as some sort of modern day Jesus that I'm not. I see no harm in offering answers to questions, as long as the questions show that the person is ready for the answers. I say this because I have experienced and know much that is not for everyone. Some can handle the knowledge I have, yet many cannot. I am not a soul akin to Jesus. I am not a spiritual leader. I am just a guy that can offer some advice to those whom I walk among.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hell yes. Who wouldnt? Bring me your virgins! Kill in my name! Perform animalistic rituals to prove how loyal you are to me! Anybody can be a deity! Even the most evil. Hitler, Bin Laden, Hussein and so on. I would say Bush but they(the Bush family, not just W)just want to be rich and feared. NOt worshipped as god. Such as psychos like Hitler/Bin Laden. And hey if your a deity you live forever through worship! Why not? Lucifer was never as bad as the human monsters, not even close. All Lucifer did was show pride in his work and get used as a scape goat by the Catholic church for everything wrong. Lucifer is a fallen angelbut an angel nonetheless. True "Satans" brutalize all humanity physically when they are alive and through influence when they are dead. Bring on the Luciferians!! Show pride in your work! I do! Oh Yea..still bring me your virgins, please.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Ishes, thank you for your glowing comments. Finding these universal truths is like finding a needle in a haystack - that is - if you are thinking logically, because it will always end at a paradox or at duality/relativity. This will not give you an absolute truth, just a temporal truth. This is why the Chinese philosophers devised the "koan" a riddle for their students - such as what is the sound of one hand clapping. It's purpose was to get the student's right brain working, because this riddle could not be solved by logic. Logic cannot tell you what the sound of no sound is.

Herein lies the key to learning universal truisms; use your right brain. Let your intuition be your guide to learning the truth. Your higher self knows all there is to know, you just have to make a connection to your higher self. The language of your higher self is not words, but visuals/colour, feelings, sounds. Whenever a truth presents itself to you, the higher self will tell you in the language of the soul - color, feeling and sound.

Acquire as much knowledge as you can, it's free, it's yours to take, and never let anyone deny you the right to know the truth. Then meditate on what you have learnt and ask your higher self. Make use of both your left brain and right brain. Your left brain will help you assimilate this knowledge and your right brain will help you understand it. It is knowledge that precipitates wisdom.

Then, if you really have a truth there. You can test it, logically and experientially - objectively and subjectively. It will also make you feel more complete - it will enlighten you. You know that feeling you get when you piece together another part of a puzzle and it's becomes clearer. That is the feeling. The soul's journey is very much a puzzle, and on his journey he pieces together pieces he finds in all his lives to form the whole. The whole is god himself. So in effect all those truisms are nothing more than pieces of the puzzle. Even from our mistakes in our lives, we learn something - we learn that certain pieces don't fit - no matter how much we force it.

Just like it takes different people, different durations, to complete a puzzle. It takes different souls, different durations, to complete their realisation of god. And just like we all have our own ways of appoaching a puzzle, and no two ways are the same. A soul has it's own path, and no two paths are the same. Much like the paths of electrons in an atom, no two paths are the same. Yet, it is the same puzzle, the pieces are the same, and they all fit in a certain order.

What I can recommend to you as the highest of knowledges, science, meditation, music, arts, dance. And I strongly recommend the Vedas, which is not a religion, but an entire and complete body of knowledge, cosmology, philosophy, meditation and art. Vedas are the closest to pure spirituality and bridge the gap between consciousness and the universe. This is the cream of ancient wisdom. First begin with the Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads and yoga sutras. This is where most of the real knowledge is found. I find these to be absolutely incredible.

I also recommend you read conversations with god and a course in miracles. Now, these are supposedly channeled texts, authored by god and jesus respectively. But don't read these believing God or Jesus wrote them, just read them to see what you can take from them. I learnt a lot from them. There is truth and order in everything; even in apparent chaos. We are learning all the time.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Obsidian, in my mind I will promote you to the rank of deity, demigod or angel if you, in your capacity as ordained minister of the Universal Life Church, are able to grant me an absolution of sins and a plenary indulgence, the two most attractive services offered by the said church, and persuade me beyond a shadow of a doubt that these religious rites will bring about positive, practical and palpable changes in my misewubble life, for which I thank you beforehand, and I thank everybody here congregated in spirit for bearing witness to the present solemn proposition.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macrento
Obsidian, in my mind I will promote you to the rank of deity, demigod or angel if you, in your capacity as ordained minister of the Universal Life Church, are able to grant me an absolution of sins and a plenary indulgence, the two most attractive services offered by the said church, and persuade me beyond a shadow of a doubt that these religious rites will bring about positive, practical and palpable changes in my misewubble life, for which I thank you beforehand, and I thank everybody here congregated in spirit for bearing witness to the present solemn proposition.

It would seem that you have missed my entire point behind this thread. My point is that I do NOT wish to become a deity or spiritual leader. This said, your offer, while generous, does not interest me.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
WOT!!! No sympathy for the sinner? What kind of church is that!! I'll have to get myself ordained, then, and absolve and indulge myself. After all, it won't take more than a couple of minutes, you know. At the website of the U.L.C. this is what they say: "You can (...) become a legally ordained minister, instantly, online, at this website." Moreover, they have "Over 20 million ULC ministers ordained since 1959". It's like an army of generals with no rank-and-file element. Will somebody please explain to me this wholesale, assembly-line ordination of individuals??? There has got to be some manner of underlying logic somewhere. Thank you.

(NOT Ternot) MacRento (of the San Diego City College Academic Senate, as some people seem to believe)

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macrento
Will somebody please explain to me this wholesale, assembly-line ordination of individuals??? There has got to be some manner of underlying logic somewhere. Thank you.

The ULC will ordain anyone who asks because the founders think organized religion is a sham (I tend to agree). They have gained legal religion status and will even sell you degrees in theology and other such things. They simply wanted to prove to the world that organized religion isn't worth it - that we're all capable of making our own choices and doing our own thing. It's all outlined on their website.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join