It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change activists are coming unglued .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

exactly.

i buy stevia soda, and it comes in a box, and somehow there is some plastic glue in most of the boxes, i guess holding the cans together.

the box brags about all natural, yet they are using plastic. because i assume, glue is liquid plastic.

these people are jackassses. i go on twitter and tell them to knock it off, when they block traffic in nyc.

imagine trying to get to work in the city (i live by the lincoln tunnel) and you are stuck for 30 minutes because some idiots blocked off the west side highway? thats what they did over summer.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Fallingdown

You may not agree with him on what he's protesting about but you have admire his backbone to something about something.

Gluing yourself to an airplane does about as much as throwing paint on someone wearing fur.

It ticks people off and doesn't actually help the planet in any real way.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

So wait ...

When Ghandi said, "Be the change you want to see in the world." or something very like it, he was talking out his @ss?

You mean none of these activists can do anything personally to reduce their personal impact on the world? They are, one and all, full of loud bloviating about all the things we should all have to do personally, and yet they cannot personally do any single one of them *on their own*?

How hypocritical is that?

Instead, they have to go out and use unenvironmentally friendly glue to try to tick people off because somehow, that makes people care ... I don't see it.

I think it's just something to get themselves on TV or in the paper so they can virtue signal about how very much they *care* without actually having to really do anything in their personal lives ... because actually having a composting toilet, driving an electric car or biking everywhere, etc., those things are hard.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Make him a martyr and teach the others what happens when you disrupt the lives of everyone else for your own agenda.

ETA: Actually, I'd find a large strap to throw around him for extra hold and start the engines up and begin rolling down the runway to see just how dedicated he really is.
edit on 11-10-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

People have lost their collective minds. Almost no one knows how to successfully protest anymore. All they know how to do these days is piss people off and turn them away from their cause in the process.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Considering these people are among the dumbest, I'd assume his most likely choice of glue was Elmer's. The same kind we used to cover our palms and fingers with and wait for it to dry so we could peel it off because it would release so easy.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: dfnj2015

You may not agree with him on what he's protesting about but you have admire his backbone to something about something.

So in your world we should respect people that do stupid things that make no impact whatsoever when they "act".

That explains a lot about you.

It actually explains about you, that protests have to be (a) make an actual impact (by being done by people who cannot do anything themselves about the problem) and (b) should stop doing things you consider stupid.

My reply:
(a) it forced people to do something, it had an impact.
(b) if it is considered "unhelpful" or "hindering" or "impacting our things", it is a protest with an effect. Thats what matters.

If protesters were mildly standing on the side of the street, quitely waving non-offensive banners (not too large, no swearwords or without manners!), everyone would ignore them.

You have to be kicked in the shins to stop looking on your mobile long enough to encounter the real world with real problems and real people trying to bring the smombies out of their electronically induced slumber so they can have an impact on politicians or large companies.

If you do not want that, you are on the wrong side of the fight, sorry.

Must have been you on top of that plane. Stupid move brah.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Too stupid. Their real motive is to get 15 minutes of fame. I hate Hollywood and their actors. Instead of going to the movies and gluing myself to the front of a projector screen or destroying it all together because I hate Hollywood actors, I mind my business and avoid paying to watch their movies. Some people aren't geared with common sense though, so they do retarded # like this, or like assaulting people with a different view.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Cowards. Their mentality, just like antifa, is "come on gang, let's go! Follow me!" because they're scared to act alone.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If your to dumb to understand climate change is happening you don't really have a say in this, go watch nigel lawson or some other nobody deny science.
Those that can assimilate facts that are peeved at the delays should get on the back of the governments to do more. The argument that we have to wait thirty odd years to bin petrol cars over electric is somewhat futile.
People can adapt to technology changes, 20 years ago mobile phones were rare, 15 years everyone was texting, 10 years ago everyone tried to get laid on facebook, 5 years ago people tried to get lulz on twitter and now alexa does your shopping and controls the heater.

I really enjoyed London's police kettling an octopus, these protests are really funny, gluing yourself to a door or road gets the point over better than people starting fights with police shouting release tommy when the guy is really called stephen.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Maybe he was just bonding with the airplane. 🤔

If that’s the case he should’ve used contact cement .

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Just a passing thought. But if it did affect the aerodynamics. Wouldn’t that be sabotage ?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If a person is going to do something that stupid for attention and face it folks, that's what it's really about, attention, then they should at least have some fun with it. Chain yourself to the landing gear and bring a cooler with you full of beer and munchies.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I hope I don’t get in trouble for this .

But they could use solvents to separate him from the plane.

Then just when he thinks he’s got it made.

They could glue his pecker down and takeoff . If you wanted to be a martyr no one on earth would ever forget that .

I should’ve just whistled past the graveyard on that one . 🤦‍♂️
edit on 11-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
In my opinion, secure the guy down onto the roof of the plane with something a little more powerful than glue!
He can enjoy the 500MPH flight from the premium class section!

Supposing one of these twits get themselves killed by attaching themselves to a moving vehicle and it goes unnoticed by it's driver? Who's fault is it? certainly not theirs and most certainly not the responsibility of the group they did it for.

No no it's our fault for using trains

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Hey, if they do it your way, then they really would be doing something for the planet by exiting the gene pool.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Lets not forget the container the glue comes in. What is that made of? Gluing yourself to an airplane pretty much puts you in the stupid category. They should have taken off. Bet that guy would have been saying...………..ah fluck!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join