It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change activists are coming unglued .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

You may not agree with him on what he's protesting about but you have admire his backbone to something about something.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I was liberalish back then . But with Jane Fonda leading the cause didn’t have much taste for those protest .

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

You may not agree with him on what he's protesting about but you have admire his backbone to something about something.

So in your world we should respect people that do stupid things that make no impact whatsoever when they "act".

That explains a lot about you.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I hope they walked there. Wouldn't want them to be hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Not shocked....the last administration started something that is going to take a long time to "unbrainwash". I get protesting and whatnot, but the progressive left have become more than I think they bargained for.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

It’s sad to say but I think most of that generation will suffer from Peter Pan syndrome for the rest of their lives . .

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I admire their tenacity. But they should’ve thought this one through .

Their tactics are just too damn easy to make fun of . 😆

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

They should have sailed there in a boat that took the same carbon footprint to build as a family of 5 emits in their their entire lives and then protested carbon emissions.

It seems to be a new trend.

edit on 10-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

They should have sailed there in a boat that took the same carbon footprint as a family of 5 emits their entire lives to build and then protested carbon emissions.

That is the scented soap, yoga instructor, dyed hair, millenial hippie version. But DO NOT criticize the Land Rover they drive!

Oh...and vegans are killing the environment quicker by eating the stuff that takes CO2 out of the air....

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

They should have sailed there in a boat that took the same carbon footprint as a family of 5 emits their entire lives to build and then protested carbon emissions.

That is the scented soap, yoga instructor, dyed hair, millenial hippie version. But DO NOT criticize the Land Rover they drive!

Oh...and vegans are killing the environment quicker by eating the stuff that takes CO2 out of the air....

We're not supposed to talk about that.

After all, if we acknowledge the blatant hypocrisy, how are we supposed to properly usher in the new world order?

It would just be ruined as a strategy.

Ruined, I tell ya!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

One of the things about the movement bugs me.

If they truly believed him wanted to change the world.

Petroleum is used everywhere in every day life.
Automobiles
Electric automobiles
Smart phones
iPods
Synthetic fabrics
Just about anything we have in the world today. If all the climate change purest wanted to do something. They should give up everything they have and live in a pre-19 century environment. Segregate theirselves from us completely by refusing to use anything petroleum based. They would offset carbon emissions to the scale they want all by there selves

Although I don’t believe in the cause I can admire PETA at least they try stick to their believes. ( yes I know about them putting animals to sleep )

Climate change activist are just a bunch of posers .

edit on 10-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

We're not supposed to talk about that.

After all, if we acknowledge the blatant hypocrisy, how are we supposed to properly usher in the new world order?

It would just be ruined as a strategy.

Ruined, I tell ya!!!

I feel like you are making fun of my "truth".

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   

What's with the glue? Why this?

It's stupid for a bunch of reasons, one of them being we all know that unless you use Gorilla Glue, glueing themselves to anything is fake. When is the last time anyone used regular glue for anything and it held?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I was in Missoula MT many years ago when some logging protesters chained themselves to the courthouse door. 5PM came and everybody went home with them still chained to the doors. Police told them they couldn't get a locksmith to come help so they would wait till their friends came with keys. They finally did and all were arrested.

Always loved the way they handled it. Just directed the public to another door and waited them out

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

originally posted by: azbowhunter
Simple fix.... allow the plane to take off with the idiot glued to it. He'll fall off eventually.

Play stupid games... win stupid prizes!

I say they should’ve ripped him off like a Band-Aid.

This is going to sting a little .

I'm sure the $50,000 - $100,000 it cost to clean the plane stung plenty!!! And that's a conservative estimate.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Not a fan of Extinction Rebellion but equally i think everyone critiscising them for stunts like this is completely missing the point.

All they want to achieve is to keep Climate Change top of the agenda. These constants stunts and demonstrations are helping to accomplish that - since they came along, it is non stop climate change (and Brexit!) coverage.

So, regardless of what we may think of them or their ideals, they are starting to accomplish their goals precisely by persuing these stunts.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It must be that ozone hole I created when I used to steal my brothers deodorant and abuse it.

Gave my step father skin cancer too. Actually that could have been my mom forcing him to work in the garden in this South African sun and heat.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

There's no admiring stupid.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

So in your world we should respect people that do stupid things that make no impact whatsoever when they "act".

That explains a lot about you.

It actually explains about you, that protests have to be (a) make an actual impact (by being done by people who cannot do anything themselves about the problem) and (b) should stop doing things you consider stupid.

My reply:
(a) it forced people to do something, it had an impact.
(b) if it is considered "unhelpful" or "hindering" or "impacting our things", it is a protest with an effect. Thats what matters.

If protesters were mildly standing on the side of the street, quitely waving non-offensive banners (not too large, no swearwords or without manners!), everyone would ignore them.

You have to be kicked in the shins to stop looking on your mobile long enough to encounter the real world with real problems and real people trying to bring the smombies out of their electronically induced slumber so they can have an impact on politicians or large companies.

If you do not want that, you are on the wrong side of the fight, sorry.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If these so called Climate Change activists are really agaisnt Planes, automobiles , Trains, Boats why dont they practice what they are preaching in protesting?

Why dont they go off the grid then? or even use horses?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join