It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada is going insane!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This thread will be a discussion about a case I have been reading regarding the Muhammed Haseeb.

This man LIED on his application form to a job in the oil sector in Canada and Sued his 'none' employee for.damages..... Yea, this happened.

Haseeb stated on the application that he was eligible to work in Canada on a permanent basis (this was a lie) and then Imperial oil, doing due diligence, offered him a job, and looked into his residency status.
Imperial oil found that Haseeb had LIED on his application and that he wasn't eligible to work in Canada permanently, they asked for proof and Haseeb didn't have any.

The company stated that the job offer was taken away because of Haseebs dishonesty (which to me makes perfect sense) but the Ontario human rights code states this is a violation.

The tribunal stated that the employer distinguished between candidates based on weather or not they were Canadian citizens. This was ruled the distinction was not a bonafide occupational requirement, and that if someone LIES to avoid discriminatory treatment the lie is JUSTIFIED. let that sink in......

Haseeb was also rewarded BACK PAY for 4 years because it took that long for it to go through the courts. He was awarded damages for his dignity and emotional damage.

This to me is utterly insane. Why would the company pay because the government moves like a snail on sleeping pills?

Why should a company hire a proven liar? Then pay damages to that same liar 'victim' because they exposed the lie? That's insane!!!!

Why would ANYONE want to do business in Canada with this utter lunacy?

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Well with a PM like Justin Trudeau (globalist sellout talking head whack job) is it any surprise?

It's not surprising to me (I'm not a Canadian though either). But we DO have A-holes who want to have illegals vote in elections, and when proposing these ideas they label them "noncitizens" (so as to not be offensive)... source

Sadly this type of thing is not isolated to Canada
edit on 10-10-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Whoa! Hey Canada, you’re going the wrong way!

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I'm just wondering what Canada is trying to achieve with this?

If I were running a business and saw something like this, he won $160,000, I would run a country mile to get out of the asylum!

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
That really is nuts. Then again here is a example of a Canadian going insane.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

The tribunal stated that the employer distinguished between candidates based on weather or not they were Canadian citizens. This was ruled the distinction was not a bonafide occupational requirement, and that if someone LIES to avoid discriminatory treatment the lie is JUSTIFIED. let that sink in......

Canadian citizen, or legally allowed to work in Canada ? No temporary permit?
Regardless, show me a job here in Canada that hires anyone without a social insurance number. Don't have one? Out of luck.
Offered the job before checking his residency status was a mistake on their part, but the outcome of it all is mind blowing.
Nobody claimed our legal system made any sense.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

It’s because of this Liberal government here.
They are a joke.
Trudeau is trying his hardest to buy votes by bringing in as many immigrants as possible, that will vote for him of course.
I really hope he gets tossed out this election.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
We only have globalist puppets to vote for. Trudeau is our Obama and Harper was our Bush. We have no Trump to vote for. None of them care about Canada, its people or its culture, or our future.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

ugh !! This story really upsets me. There seems to be no rational justice in my country anymore when it comes to issues involving recent immigrants.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
We only have globalist puppets to vote for. Trudeau is our Obama and Harper was our Bush. We have no Trump to vote for. None of them care about Canada, its people or its culture, or our future.

That’s untrue and very pessimistic. Bernier and Scheer both have decent platforms.

Bernier especially from the new People’s Party of Canada cares very much about preserving Canadian culture. Have you listened to the debates ?
This dude is no globalist puppet. Here is his latest tweet quoted.

215 billion litres of sewage and toxic waste is still being discharged every year in our waterways. Meanwhile, we’ve sending $billions to help other countries fight climate change. It’s unacceptable. LET’S FIGHT REAL POLLUTION HERE IN CANADA.

edit on 10-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
We need to build a wall between the US and Canadia.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
FFS, getting so tired of this sh#t!!

The human rights tribunal is a goddamned joke.

I'm finding a cave to move into so I don't have to keep listening to this sh#t.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
We need to build a wall between the US and Canadia.

bricking it up for canada

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is definitely proof of *all* of Canada going insane.

This is definitely not hyperbole. ALL of Canada has gone insane.

I morn my fellow people as the last candle of rationality goes dim.

edit on 10-10-2019 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

Haseeb was also rewarded BACK PAY for 4 years because it took that long for it to go through the courts. He was awarded damages for his dignity and emotional damage.

What

I think that Muhammed Haseeb damaged his own dignity, all by himself, by lying.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

So you are telling me I could go up to Canada, and apply for a business loan for doing business in Canada?
Lie about being licensed to do work in Canada to the RBC, then sue them for discrimination when they don't offer me a loan?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

So what is the source for this story or do we just take your word for it ?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So, since the government cannot discriminate...everyone can lie on their applications. Lie and the employer cannot fire you because you lied. How can this guy even have a case if he is not legally allowed to work in Canada. The government must be run by a bunch of Idiots. Just like lots of the idiots running our government here.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Ya, it's run by idiots no doubt. The human rights tribunal is the culprit here though tbh.

edit on 10-10-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst

So you are telling me I could go up to Canada, and apply for a business loan for doing business in Canada?
Lie about being licensed to do work in Canada to the RBC, then sue them for discrimination when they don't offer me a loan?

I'm gonna get flak for this but..are you a visible minority? if so..perhaps!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join