It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Duplicitousness of RINOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is an interesting little article on Lindsey Graham.
www.politico.com...
The senator was hoax called in August and, believing he was on the line with the Turkish Minister of Defense, Graham played his cards perhaps a bit too freely in hindsight.

But Graham also expressed sympathy for Turkey’s “Kurdish problem” and described the Kurds as a “threat.” Those private comments appear to contradict his public statements this week, in which he criticized Trump’s decision to pull U.S. troops out of northern Syria because it’s “wrong to abandon the Kurds, who have been strong allies against” the Islamic State.

“Your YPG Kurdish problem is a big problem,” Graham told the pranksters. He was referring to the Kurdish People’s Protection Units, a group that began fighting ISIS as part of the Syrian Democratic Forces in 2015—with support from the U.S.—but is considered a terrorist group by Turkey because of its push to establish an autonomous state for the Kurds on the Turkish-Syrian border.

“I told President Trump that Obama made a huge mistake in relying on the YPG Kurds,” Graham continued. “Everything I worried about has come true, and now we have to make sure Turkey is protected from this threat in Syria. I’m sympathetic to the YPG problem, and so is the president, quite frankly.”

Now fast forward to last week after the President announced a troop withdraw from Syria...
www.independent.co.uk...

Lindsey Graham has released a scathing statement in defiance of Donald Trump’s decision to pull US troops out of parts of Syria, saying the move “ensures the reemergence of ISIS” in the region.

“Pray for our Kurdish allies who have been shamelessly abandoned by the Trump Administration,” Mr Graham, a close ally of the president in the US Senate, tweeted in a rare rebuke on Tuesday.

Mr Graham came out in swift opposition to the administration’s plan to remove US troops from northeast Syria, saying it would leave a vacuum that could allow the Islamic State to possibly restore its caliphate while also allowing Turkish troops to begin a massive assault on the Kurds, who the US have considered a strategic ally in its fight against terrorism.

WOW! Sounds like two different Lindsey Grahams, doesn't it? Which one is speaking their actual mind, though? Is it the Graham who is participating in what he clearly thought was a private phone conversation? That Graham seems to be in full agreement with the consistent since day 1 message President Trump has issued, that we should leave Syria and let the Kurds handle their own business which does not involve us. Or, more to the point, is the Graham who is toeing an establishment line, going against his President, and making a public statement that he knows will be widely analyzed the truthful Graham?

But yeah, the Orange Man is the problem in DC and Orange Man Bad are the ones who see things as they are and should be appeased... Ladies and gentlemen, if you believe President Trump is the problem, you've been played like a damn fiddle.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It sure looks to me like they are all dirty. And Teflon Don is the only uncorrupt person in Washington.

Its a big swamp and Graham among others has been living there way to long.. He is scared his own shenanigans are going to be exposed.I am not a D or an R I dont care who goes down with the swamp.

Im a T.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'd vote for you and TheRedneck if you guys would just get your $#!7 together and put your names on the 2020 ballot.

I didn't look. Would that violate the site's Ts&Cs? We could certainly stop talking about corrupt politicians and get back to CTs.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
So now the alt-right on ATS are throwing Graham under the bus again?

Another big REEEEEEEEEEEE from the alt-right?

When will you snowflakes stop whining and realize that the Trump game is up, his support is gone, and that most good Americans won't stand for a dictator in the White House?

Trump is a danger to our Republic, and needs oversight, which he responds to with illegal and undemocratic tactics.

He will be impeached and removed.

Thank god for our constitution and the rule of law!

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hyperlexic

Lindsey was a plastic bag drifting in the wind when his commanding officer, John McCain, died. Briefly it looked like Lindsey might actually be salvageable and transform himself into what McCain never could be, a representative with honor, dignity, and honesty... now it looks like Lindsey is still riding wind currents and waiting for the next tree branch to grab onto him. Sad.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Republicans are starting to eat their own.

I think this is sign 3 or 4 of the Trumpocalypse.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: HanyManny

The mind of TDS...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
So now the alt-right on ATS are throwing Graham under the bus again?

Another big REEEEEEEEEEEE from the alt-right?

When will you snowflakes stop whining and realize that the Trump game is up, his support is gone, and that most good Americans won't stand for a dictator in the White House?

Trump is a danger to our Republic, and needs oversight, which he responds to with illegal and undemocratic tactics.

He will be impeached and removed.

Thank god for our constitution and the rule of law!

At least the OP is honest and calls out our own. Can't say the same for any left-wing poster currently active on this site. It's called integrity. You should try it, but we all know that's a joke when entering your threads.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I never picked Lindsey out from under the bus and don't really understand why he flung himself in front of it to begin with.

Maybe you can pluck him from the tire wells between cases, if you're so concerned.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is how I view all the politicians.

Say one thing to one group, another to another.

IMPEACH EVERYBADY!

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Did not expect that.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Republicans are starting to eat their own.

I think this is sign 3 or 4 of the Trumpocalypse.

Again, look back to when this all started, the RINOs have long been identified as the scourge of the party. It was the entire point of the Tea Party movement which removed multiple RINOs, replacing them with trustworthy conservatives and Lindsey has always been stuck by the lips to John McCain's ass cheeks, making him a long standing target of the conservative wing of the party. This isn't "eating our own" it's cleaning our house of vermin.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Made you an avatar

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

My laziness rejoices in your industriousness.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

At least the OP is honest and calls out our own. Can't say the same for any left-wing poster currently active on this site. It's called integrity. You should try it, but we all know that's a joke when entering your threads.

I hope Biden is prosecuted and jailed, he is not fit to be president.

Just made your post a lie.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Do some research.

There are multiple factions of Kurds, they are not one big happy family.

There are extremist in every group.

Extremist Jews, extremist Christians, etc....

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

And? This should mean squat to me because? I'm not assailing the Kurds, I'm simply saying that it's curious that Lindsey Graham 2 months ago was all in favor of the US leaving Syria... until he spoke publicly. I dunno, maybe his holdings of defense company stocks are the reason for the duplicitousness, as peace makes him (and all the other loudmouths from both parties who have squealed like pigs stuck under a gate over bringing American troops back home who hold big bucks worth of defense stock) far less money than war does? Maybe it's just Maybellene... neither know nor care the reasons, but he's being a two faced untrustworthy representative in the mold of his mentor, McCain.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm of the mind that we need to stop calling them RINOs...the resistance and players on both sides are globalist deep-staters and/or those in their pocket.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

And Teflon Don is the only uncorrupt person in Washington.

You've got to be kidding me. You guys refuse to even consider Trump releasing his taxes but somehow know he doesn't have his hand in the honey pot?

Ignorance is bliss I suppose. I'd stop letting the media make your mind up for you. Their reverse psychology is working wonders on you guys. Amazing. 🤡

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And Teflon Don is the only uncorrupt person in Washington.

You've got to be kidding me. You guys refuse to even consider Trump releasing his taxes but somehow know he doesn't have his hand in the honey pot?

Ignorance is bliss I suppose. I'd stop letting the media make your mind up for you. Their reverse psychology is working wonders on you guys. Amazing. 🤡

The fact that you think The IRS hasnt looked at his taxes or would give him a pass is just retarded.

We are talking about the IRS who OBAMA weaponized. AYFKM?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join