It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News gets into the fake polling business

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny

originally posted by: hyperlexic

How many "rural" folks own their land? Or does the bank own it?

Who is the lord of the manor?

A peasant is a pre-industrial agricultural laborer or farmer with limited land ownership, especially one living in the Middle Ages under feudalism and paying rent, tax, fees, or services to a landlord.[1][2] In Europe, peasants were divided[by whom?] into three classes according to their personal status: slave, serf, and free tenant. Peasants hold title to land either in fee simple or by any of several forms of land tenure, among them socage, quit-rent, leasehold, and copyhold.[3]

Definition of moron
1: a very stupid person
They were acting like a bunch of morons.
2dated, now offensive : a person affected with mild intellectual disability

Just saying LOL..

Trump supporter who ignores the facts?

No.. You .

link   

originally posted by: hyperlexic

a reply to: Wardaddy454

I live rural, own my land outright, and never liked cities. But some folks think rural means free.

Most farmers and "flyovers" are dirt poor, in hock, and on meth.

Don't make them out to be what they are not. I know. I live out in the "fly over."

You are a LIAR. LIAR. and a LIAR..

Oh, forgot the drunks. Yeah, lots of never do well drunks.

link   

I live rural, own my land outright, and never liked cities. But some folks think rural means free.

Don't make them out to be what they are not. I know. I live out in the "fly over."

Do you consider yourself a dirt and dust folk?

I grew up in "fly over", pretty well aware of it, and like everywhere there are bad apples. I question the veracity of your claim, given the giant brush you're using to paint everyone that lives in rural areas. I'd hazard a guess that you just live in a bad area if everyone is poor and on meth.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Remember that recent Fox poll that says 51% of Americans now support impeachment? Someone did their homework, and it turns out they grossly over-sampled Democrats.

Re port at Gateway Pundit

The demographics of the poll are 48% Democrat, and only 34% Republican!!!

The real party split is around one-third for each party. They had to give the Democrats a wildly-unrealistic 14 point edge to get those results.

As President Trump said today in his press conference, ALL THE POLLS (including Fox News) had him losing BIG to Hillary Clinton. They still haven't learned how to poll MAGA sentiment, to this very day.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Remember that recent Fox poll that says 51% of Americans now support impeachment? Someone did their homework, and it turns out they grossly over-sampled Democrats.

Re port at Gateway Pundit

The demographics of the poll are 48% Democrat, and only 34% Republican!!!

The real party split is around one-third for each party. They had to give the Democrats a wildly-unrealistic 14 point edge to get those results.

I started to read responses but this HanyManboobsny is just regurgitating his nonsense so I'm not even going to go further.

I responded to another post by you yesterday I think, that had to do with the Fox poll but correct me if I'm wrong and it wasn't you. I went to that link yesterday and saw where Fox had the number of 51% that want Trump impeached and I knew it was fake. I have no faith in ANY MSM site these days so I responded with something like "51% of those POLLED" because I guessed whoever did that poll asked more Dems than anyone else. Turns out I was right.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Do you consider yourself a dirt and dust folk?

I grew up in "fly over", pretty well aware of it, and like everywhere there are bad apples. I question the veracity of your claim, given the giant brush you're using to paint everyone that lives in rural areas. I'd hazard a guess that you just live in a bad area if everyone is poor and on meth.

The Baement...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

SoOo...

You are a lawyer who was a soldier who was once a NRA member who lives in the country and despises country folk.

I think you checked some of the wrong boxes when you filled out the "who am I going to fake being on ATS" form the DNC hands out a year before an American election.

But keep posting!

Typing on here keeps you out of the general population, at least...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Over eleventy percent of polls are bogus.

When I see the polls, the Murdoch media will always exaggerate to the right, and those who have vested interests in the left do the same.

Me if I was polled my opinion would be dilligaf.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Maybe because the country has turned 48% Democrat, and only 34% Republican?
What about independent?

If you want to believe in polls, the majority of Los Angeles has now turned from Democrat to Independent. This is because most of the millennial population is reporting as Independent and not Democrat.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What about independent?

You are so way off it is funny.

Maybe try some maths?

Great show me any source saying the country is 48% Democrat.

Here’s the Wikipedia page that quotes a Gallup poll from 2017 which found that 46% of Americans identified as Democrat or Democrat leaning (including some independents) and 39% identified as Republican or Republican leaning. That took about 30 seconds to look up.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The general population has been trending more Democratic in recent times, so I imagine the numbers for Democrat leaning have gone up a couple of percentage points and Republican leaners have gone down by the same amount, during the last couple of years.

Looks to me like the Fox poll chose their polling sample to match the current estimate of the Left-Right split in the general population. Just like a good poll should.

And remember, these are percentages of Americans, not the number of electoral votes or number of counties, or anything like that.

Whether you think it’s a good thing or a bad thing, Republicans have been the minority party for some time. They keep winning the White House because they are concentrated in the states which have a representational advantage in the electoral college.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So a few people like to live in dust and dirt, and they want to run the country?

ha

Most people in the US live in urban areas.

A leftist AND a sheer unadulterated bigot.

Color me surprised!!!

ETA... here is my "dust and dirt" as seen from my bedroom balcony in the middle of my 400 acres...

edit on 10-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What about independent?

You are so way off it is funny.

Maybe try some maths?

Great show me any source saying the country is 48% Democrat.

Here’s the Wikipedia page that quotes a Gallup poll from 2017 which found that 46% of Americans identified as Democrat or Democrat leaning (including some independents) and 39% identified as Republican or Republican leaning. That took about 30 seconds to look up.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The general population has been trending more Democratic in recent times, so I imagine the numbers for Democrat leaning have gone up a couple of percentage points and Republican leaners have gone down by the same amount, during the last couple of years.

Looks to me like the Fox poll chose their polling sample to match the current estimate of the Left-Right split in the general population. Just like a good poll should.

And remember, these are percentages of Americans, not the number of electoral votes or number of counties, or anything like that.

Whether you think it’s a good thing or a bad thing, Republicans have been the minority party for some time. They keep winning the White House because they are concentrated in the states which have a representational advantage in the electoral college.

Wiki is left-leaning though and user edited...

Let's go with Gallup polls from Gallup

As of 2019 Sep 3-15 it stands at 29% R, 38% I, 31% D.

Let's see what the Democrats do to win Independents in the 2020 election.

So far the party platform for D seems to be an economic collapse (for your own good, of course) and get rid of Orange Man Bad.

edit on 10-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Should the people of this republic be held hostage by dirt and dust folks who live on sparely populated land? Why do you think it is sparsely populated, and why do they live there?

They have to, because they cannot compete in an environment with other people.

A peasant is a pre-industrial agricultural laborer or farmer with limited land ownership, especially one living in the Middle Ages under feudalism and paying rent, tax, fees, or services to a landlord.[1][2] In Europe, peasants were divided[by whom?] into three classes according to their personal status: slave, serf, and free tenant. Peasants hold title to land either in fee simple or by any of several forms of land tenure, among them socage, quit-rent, leasehold, and copyhold.[3]

Yea, I totally get it. You are a garbage man in a small rural town, and you found an online temporary job as an online agitator, and are still somehow bitter. I bet you are getting fat because you don't do the physical part anymore. Damn, that would piss me off too.

Work for the government. City kind. But good for you. Some folk don't even bother with the job part, you are above that at least. So KUDOS for the work ethic.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Most media polls are crap.

Properly-designed polls are not crap unless misused.

No poll that claims to accurately predict the future can be trusted, but trends can be shown.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

It's a poll, and only 15% is independent or other? That right there tells you their poll is garbage.

So I went to the actual source ....

2019 Sep 3-15 R- 29 I- 38 D- 31
2017 Sep 6-10 R- 29 I- 40 D- 30
2016 Sep 14-18 R- 27 I- 40 D- 32
news.gallup.com...

So since 2016 the country is less liberal and more conservative.

Thanks for the source.
edit on 10-10-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I downloaded the data from the source you checked ... and honestly, I can't get your averages.

How did you calculate them? Are you saying your figures are the yearly averages, or did you just take a poll from September for 2017-19?
edit on 10-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I downloaded the data from the source you checked ... and honestly, I can't get your averages.

How did you calculate them?

Erm....

Are you saying you can't figure out a spreadsheet, by date?

The averages are given to you, FFS.

You don't have to calculate them.

/facepalm

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Always a joy to interact with you Luminari.

No, none of that is what I said.

I'm interested in looking at the trends, not the individual numbers for the months. Occams seems to be taking one poll from September from three years and making a claim. Are you with that poster? If not, why are you answering for them?

Also, which set of polls was OR using? There are two questions on the link provided.

If you have these answers, I'll be glad to hear them.

If not, you don't seem to understand the question I'm asking, frankly, and I have no desire or interest in exchanging sniping posts with you.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I looked at the latest poll, since the claim was about where we are today compared to 2016. I then took that same month, and looked at 2017, which is the year that 2nd poster made claims about.

So we have today, 2016, and 2017 .. all in September so that there is no cherry picking a particular month.

None of the claims made were true. Conservatives have gained, Liberals have lost. That's what the poll quoted showed.

I used the first set.

2019 Sep 3-15 44 49
2017 Sep 6-10 45 47
2016 Sep 14-18 44 49

Using the 2nd set the claims are also still patently false. We have the same numbers today as we had in 2016 .. when Trump won.
edit on 10-10-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Geez , if they Keep that Up , Newsmax Will be Out of the Polling Business ............

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join