It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s resistance to the impeachment inquiry is a genuine constitutional crisis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: HanyManny

What's funny is that when you go through the case law cited on that letter, some of it doesn't support their case at all. Two citations (if I remember correctly) were overturned leading to an exact opposite ruling.

Once you read through all of it and the citations it just leaves you with one question... WTF?

Ok, you made the claim - back it up...

Which citations? Which were overturned? What was the decision before and after?

Put up or stfu.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
How many threads on ATS have contained the words "constitutional crisis" since President Trump started draining the swamp? Maybe 10 or 15?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
I love it when people make up the law in their own minds..

Law is two things:

A process

A written document

That is it.

Go take the bar in your state, pass, and tell me different.

So you have a license in more than just CA now?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

White House Counsel Pat Cipollone sent an eight-page-long middle finger to House Democratic leaders on Tuesday, pledging resistance to the impeachment inquiry into President Trump. As a legal matter, Cipollone’s letter is nonsense. Several court decisions make it clear that the White House is not above the law. Executive privilege is real, and it sometimes prevents some inquiries into presidential behavior, but it is not an absolute privilege — especially in the context of a criminal investigation.

Since when has this mattered?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
Every body here is a trump supporter. They would let him have sex with their wife if it put 20 bucks into their bank acct...

They do not care about the constitution or the integrity of the of the office.

You know... they will say all you do is post anti trump but then they will pat each others backs on every anti dem thread posted by the same dude daily.

Pocahontas will spew her facts with no links but demand you post yours...

But keep it. trump is a POS and we all know it.

Aww bless your heart bringing up wives because you have no argument. Poor you, maybe we can throw you a pity party.
edit on 10-10-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We have 'according to original design" we have three co-equal branches of government - independent of one another.

This unitary executive 'theory' that the president can do whatever tf he wants is contrary to the Constitution and it's checks and balances.

But the authortian right wing and been packing the courts, running up the debt, cutting services and regulation for the last 40 years and their is very little left of Checks & Balances and We the People.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Actually we have Conservatives saying we have 3 co-equal branches, and we have liberals saying Congress can do whatever tf they want.

There are avenues available to Congress that allow them to override Executive privilege. So far they are demanding Trump yield to them, but refuse to use any of the avenues that would allow them to make those demands.

The only Constitutional crisis are the liberals trying to destroy the 3 equal branches and make Trump lesser because #OrangeManBad

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The President is not above the law (unless he's Obama), but neither is the House of Representatives.

If the House wants to do this, then they follow their own rules and established procedures like they did when impeaching Clinton and Nixon unless you can show me where they altered the House rules when they adopted them back at the inception of this Congress.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
I love it when people make up the law in their own minds..

Law is two things:

A process

A written document

That is it.

Go take the bar in your state, pass, and tell me different.
I love how you talk to yourself in third person in your own thread, while never directly addressing any of the users that called you out and corrected you, yet only addressing those that conform to your bias.

Amusing considering this thread serves as an extension to your echo chamber in this third person omniscient, you consume your own BS, a hyper partisan cannibal.
edit on 10-10-2019 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Trump’s resistance to the impeachment inquiry is a genuine constitutional crisis

No its not.

Everybody in the US should be buying lots of guns and ammo right about now, the constitutional crisis is coming and when it arrives, only the strong will survive.

Are you ready?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Who? HanyMannyBun? What do you think.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: ketsuko

We have 'according to original design" we have three co-equal branches of government - independent of one another.

This unitary executive 'theory' that the president can do whatever tf he wants is contrary to the Constitution and it's checks and balances.

But the authortian right wing and been packing the courts, running up the debt, cutting services and regulation for the last 40 years and their is very little left of Checks & Balances and We the People.

Preach it!

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

Someone is investigating the President of the United States in what he feels is a bogus witch hunt, and in your opinion he should just roll over and play dead?

Get a grip, you'd fight someone trying to get you fired or thrown in jail. Trump has the same right to do that too.

It is an investigation. If he has evidence proving his innoncence then he would produce it.

Honestly, I can't think of a single incident in history in which the subject of an investigation withheld evidence because they believed they were innocent. If someone is innocent they generally go out of their way to produce documents and testimony clearing them of wrongdoing.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
can you show where ANY other persident (Including clinton) was investigated this many times in a row and still not be found guilty??

Just one, in all of US history

C'mon, it's 250 years, there has to be one other president that has been Treated to this would be 8-9 investigations??

Sure Billies took a few months but they (republicans) didn't miss this many times??

Face it. Trump is the Cleanist thing in DC today.

The Democrats proved it..

Unless you think they are liars......

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gorgonite

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

Someone is investigating the President of the United States in what he feels is a bogus witch hunt, and in your opinion he should just roll over and play dead?

Get a grip, you'd fight someone trying to get you fired or thrown in jail. Trump has the same right to do that too.

It is an investigation. If he has evidence proving his innoncence then he would produce it.

Honestly, I can't think of a single incident in history in which the subject of an investigation withheld evidence because they believed they were innocent. If someone is innocent they generally go out of their way to produce documents and testimony clearing them of wrongdoing.

And this is why liberals lose. They think you need to prove innocence. Want to know the proof of his innocence? It's the 6th amendment.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The only bar you're knowledgeable about would be the one closest to where you live I'd wager.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

No its not.

Everybody in the US should be buying lots of guns and ammo right about now, the constitutional crisis is coming and when it arrives, only the strong will survive.

Are you ready?

Oh boy. More of the right gleefully looking to the division/destruction/killing of fellow Americans. I'd think it was a bit more traitorous if it weren't just a pipe dream of a few overweight old men who couldn't run a half mile without keeling over. Have fun with your short-lived endeavor of self-imposed victimhood. Ya might want to stick to the back yard sitting in the lounge chair shooting Obama and Hillary targets though... just look how many wars were won by gun-toting fat old guys.

ps - stop watching Rambo, it isn't real life

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

" genuine constitutional crisis "

Oh Really ? I'd Rather Call it " Jumbo Shrimp " or " Much to do About Nothing " .........

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Oh so you only mean it when we have MAGA hats on right. then it is ok to hurt and kill on the left.

I'm wearing my MAGA hat right now as I type this.

Hope you are in your safe space...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
ATS needs a Safe Space forum so all you whiny babies can congregate together and piss’n n moan’n about whatever Trump did that day to hurt your poor lil feelers. Some of you need to seriously grow the f up and stop your bitching and whining, you’ve become a pathetic embarrassment to this site. You know who you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join