It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s resistance to the impeachment inquiry is a genuine constitutional crisis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

Trump’s resistance to the impeachment inquiry is a genuine constitutional crisis

Someone is investigating the President of the United States in what he feels is a bogus witch hunt, and in your opinion he should just roll over and play dead?

Get a grip, you'd fight someone trying to get you fired or thrown in jail. Trump has the same right to do that too.

If he has nothing to hide why fight so hard? Why are people even defending him?
Obama showed his birth certificate when Republican fantasists cried, Bill Clinton didn't have Monica Lewinsky killed.
Its a conspiracy theory forum not an ultra-conservative circle jerk.

Yes, because circle jerks are more likely from conservatives than the lbgtq or whatever it is party that can't figure out which restroom to use.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

How can you have any time here in this thread?

Don't you have a Brexit to fail at and a bunch of insane knife wielders to attend to??

Do carry on, love the accent.

Oh right and an American Citizen you want to deny her rights I forgot

Funny how you espouse our constition when it suits you but wish to break your own treaties when it isn't.

Sorry did I spoil it?😲
edit on 10-10-2019 by thedigirati because: clarity.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: HanyManny

I heard Trump took a piss and it dribbled and a drop missed the toilet. Impeach, and Constitutional crisis.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Someone is investigating the President of the United States in what he feels is a bogus witch hunt, and in your opinion he should just roll over and play dead?

Get a grip, you'd fight someone trying to get you fired or thrown in jail. Trump has the same right to do that too.

Obama showed his birth certificate when Republican fantasists cried, Bill Clinton didn't have Monica Lewinsky killed.

Did he have anything to hide in the Russian collusion witch hunt? No? Did that stop Democrats and the media from blasting him non stop and lying?

Maybe that's why.

I don't know about you Brits, but us Americans have a right to due process.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Due process doesn't apply to the executive branch in relation to congressional oversight. Impeachment isn't a legal proceeding.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The Democrats suddenly running a s-called impeachment inquiry as if it is a Grand Jury proceeding is a constitutional crisis.

They are holding all the proceedings in secret, behind closed doors, and denying the defendant the right to due process and defense. Additionally, they are denying the Republicans a chance to cross-examine and call and hear their own witnesses. Additionally, none of this was done with any kind of vote of any body in the House.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Due process doesn't apply to the executive branch in relation to congressional oversight. Impeachment isn't a legal proceeding.

Due process is a constitutional right guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. The president is still an American citizen. That does not change simply because he is elected to the office.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

If Trump subpoenaed all the dem House members and demanded they appear at the Golden Gate Bridge and promptly jump off, would they be obligated to do so? One can hope!

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

White House Counsel Pat Cipollone sent an eight-page-long middle finger to House Democratic leaders on Tuesday

that is awesome!
must have a gargantuan hand

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Due process is a constitutional right guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. The president is still an American citizen. That does not change simply because he is elected to the office.

Yes, it does. Because we aren't talking about a person, we're talking about the executive branch and congressional oversight.

And one more time for the people in the back,

Impeachment isn't a legal process.

And as such doesn't afford any of the protections it would if it was. This isn't an opinion, it's what the law clearly states.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, the argument isn't about how the impeachment inquiry isn't legit because The House hasn't held a vote, or doesn't have subpoena enforcement authority. It's simply that the president can't be investigated, because he's above the law? Impeachment itself is unconstitutional, now? LOL

Guess that is what Trump supporters want your to think.

Constitutional provisions The House of Representatives ... shall have the sole Power of Impeachment. — Article I, Section 2, Clause 5

en.wikipedia.org...

But never mind about that pesky constitution. The Trump supporters want to do something else.

Good Americans?

Think not.

Thank god that our founders put a legal remedy into our constitution so save us from lawless tyrants who are criminal.

Let the system work, And god bless the United States.

LMFAO Wow.... So now you want to let the system work? LMAO That's highly amusing since it's the Democrats that will not accept the fact that Trump was elected legally. Hillary states to this day, "I won the popular vote so I should be President." boohoohoo See the crocodile tears streaming down her face and all her worshipers faces as they rage at the legal system that elected Trump lawfully according to the USA's laws. The popular vote is NOT how the USA voting system works for the President but if you listen to Hillary and her crew of degenerates, they think they do not have to follow the law that has been in place over 200 years now. You know, that pesky Constitution and Bill of Rights the useless idiots are protesting about doing away with.

You are hilarious. Thank you for the laugh.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So, now you want all impeachments to be purely political?

If that was the case, why on earth haven't Presidents who lose the majority in one or both chambers of Congress been tossed on their ear as soon that party has taken power and had the ability to use this newfound power Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff have dug out of their @sses?

Keep in mind that is it the usual pattern for a sitting President to lose the House in his first mid-term. How on earth have all of our presidents survived one term and most of them two? If impeachment was a purely political tool? Because I guarantee you that at least as far back as Reagan, the parties didn't like each other enough to allow that to happen if they could simply impeach like this.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What are the democrats afraid of? Why don't they just take a vote? They know that they don't have the votes, they just want to drag it out, and keep thowing mud.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What crime has Trump committed? The rational that Trump is not above the law does not apply, Trump is doing nothing different than members of the Democratic party hierarchy have done and all of a sudden it is a crime. If no law has actually been broken then how is Trump above the law? The witchhunt is even trying to say Trump cannot have lawyers and none of the Republicans can ask questions in the inquiry, that is against the law, the Dems are breaking the law and trying to divert people to think that the orange man only needs to be looked at.

How would you feel if you were doing your job and the cops kept harrassing you when you were just doing your legal job? I feel for Trump. We finally get someone in the whitehouse who is not a politician, someone who used to respect the legal system, and the Dems start charging him with false allegations and slamming him when he tries to protect himself.

Trump needs to get the best lawyers in the country on his team and then use them to go after the people who are trying to put false charges against him. Sue them, not the government, make it a law that when someone brings false charges against you they can go to jail and lose everything they have. Our present legal system is not honest, there is not much of a penalty for false allegations. If someone is ill informed, I can see them bringing charges, but the Dems know they are just running a political ploy. They want to make sure only people trained as politicians can apply for president, they want their own type of deceiver in office, not just a business man who uses deceit, it is legal to deceive someone if you do it the right way, the Dems made the laws that they are using to justify their actions.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So, now you want all impeachments to be purely political?

wait a minute......
do they know who is in charge of the senate?
seems awfully shortsighted to me
math is hard?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Sure it does. They can not override the Executive branch just because they want to. They can make it formal, or they can ask the Supreme Court for help. The only Constutional crisis is the Democrats trying to remove the balance of powers. They can move forward, they have avenues. What they can't do is say they don't want to use those avenues and they are above Executive privilege.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You fight for your rights, not to be right. You don't roll over because "you have nothing to hide." You fight because you don't trust that the person you're fighting to be honest and have integrity in the process. You fight because if you roll over one time, you'll be rolling over the rest of your life because it will *never* end. You fight to teach the person picking the fight that if they want to fight, they'd better be prepared to win because you'll fight back every time. You fight because if you go along with them, it gives legitimacy to an illegitmate process.

How many idiots have spoken to the FBI thinking "I have nothing to hide" then get charged with lying to the FBI?

Also, Obama never showed his birth certificate. He showed a certified computer generated summary of his birth certificate.
edit on 10-10-2019 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Vox? Really?

-snip-
"Several court decisions make it clear that the White House is not above the law. Executive privilege is real, and it sometimes prevents some inquiries into presidential behavior, but it is not an absolute privilege — especially in the context of a criminal investigation."

Criminal investigation? What criminal investigation?

Since when did Congress go into the Criminal Investigations business?

Sorry, but that is just the most inane thing I've ever heard.

Congress engages in legislative oversight.

They don't engage in criminal investigations, although they can refer people to the DOJ for investigation and possible prosecution.

A first year law student could pick this argument apart in about 20 seconds, and it looks like the whole effort was designed to make sure that Trump's legal arguments are invalid.

Is Cipollone doing this on purpose?

Don't know, but this is the worst constitutional legal argument I have ever seen.

Still waiting on you to actually say what the argument is that you find so ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I love it when people make up the law in their own minds..

Law is two things:

A process

A written document

That is it.

Go take the bar in your state, pass, and tell me different.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I love it when people make up the law in their own minds..

Law is two things:

A process

A written document

That is it.

Go take the bar in your state, pass, and tell me different.

Could you possibly cry more?

I'm thirsty.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join