It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phone video is kryptonite to racist people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

I have been harrassed by cops on several occassions. In one situation, I was walking to my apartment. This was in the late 90s. A cop car came to an abrupt halt and 3 officers began interrogating me. Where was I going. Why was I walking. Where was I coming from. Do I have any weapons. Frisked me. No reason.

On another occassion (around 2007), I was pulled over and instead of coming up to my window, the cop yelled for me to get out of my car. He remained at the back of my car. He held me there for about 15 minutes. Where was I going. Where was I coming from. Have I ever been arrested (I hadn't). In disbelief, he asked, "never?". When he finally let me go, he said the reason he pulled me over was that my tail light was "going out". He kind of acted funny when he said it. Went home and checked it, and it was working fine. At the time, I chalked it up to my Ron Paul bumper sticker.

I'm about sick of hearing all this racist this racist that evil white people crap. I've got no more tolerance for any of it.as far as I'm concerned everyone can put a plug in it. It's the worst case of boy who cried wolf in history.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: notquiteright

I have been harrassed by cops on several occassions. In one situation, I was walking to my apartment. This was in the late 90s. A cop car came to an abrupt halt and 3 officers began interrogating me. Where was I going. Why was I walking. Where was I coming from. Do I have any weapons. Frisked me. No reason.

I'm about sick of hearing all this racist this racist that evil white people crap. I've got no more tolerance for any of it.as far as I'm concerned everyone can put a plug in it. It's the worst case of boy who cried wolf in history.

Four score and several years ago you were frisked. Imagine that stuff happening all the time.
That is what I'm talking about. Just doing nothing and getting frisked, getting asked why you are making a call.
Standing by an apartment and waiting for your friend and getting the cops called on you. Imagine dealing with things like that on a daily basis.

We are going to see a lot more stories. For a very long time these voices were ignored. People really did not believe
things like this were happening. People always said there has to be more to the story. Nope, sometimes the story is that people are just racist, or profiling, or just plain idiots. Well now the pendulum has swung. Cell phones will show the proof. As others have also pointed out, cell phones will also show if the person is lying and things have been exaggerated.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: notquiteright

Four score and several years ago you were frisked. Imagine that stuff happening all the time.
That is what I'm talking about. Just doing nothing and getting frisked, getting asked why you are making a call.
Standing by an apartment and waiting for your friend and getting the cops called on you. Imagine dealing with things like that on a daily basis.

We are going to see a lot more stories. For a very long time these voices were ignored. People really did not believe
things like this were happening. People always said there has to be more to the story. Nope, sometimes the story is that people are just racist, or profiling, or just plain idiots. Well now the pendulum has swung. Cell phones will show the proof. As others have also pointed out, cell phones will also show if the person is lying and things have been exaggerated.

Way to downplay someone else experience. See, many of us have answered honestly about our similar experiences and how we handled it without being beaten and arrested. Yet, you need to move the goalposts here and diminish this person's response because it does not meet your expectations.

Does the term....REEEEEEEEE mean anything to you?

Sad really.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes and no.

In recent years we've seen too many videos that shows a white person and a minority getting into some kind of confrontation, and people immediately attribute the white person's actions to racism when they could be because of a hundred and one other things.

A white person accuses their black neighbor of dinging his truck in the parking lot, racism.

A white store owner accuses a minority of shoplifting, racism

And in and on.

Any disagreement gets called racism.

Now, if I see a white person throwing the n word about, then yes, that's racism. But a lot of the other stuff is just people arguing with each other.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Now, if I see a white person throwing the n word about, then yes, that's racism. But a lot of the other stuff is just people arguing with each other.

"It's because I'm young and I'm black, and [that's] the reason why you would say that," Noel says.

"That's right, [it's] because you're black," the teacher responds. "Always looking to milk the system. And you see me, a white woman, so you think I got money."

"Go back to your welfare or your section 8 house," the teacher later added, referring to the city's low-income housing. "Do you see the big truck I have? Look at the piece of s*** you have."

www.nbcnews.com...

Kryptonite. "Administrative leave."

edit on 10/11/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't believe this occurs to a black person on a "daily basis" either. You can tell everytime it does happen, or they think it happens, because they scream it from the rooftop. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people pull out the race card simply because they didn't get what they wanted. For the people who do this, it' a diseased mindset. Get over it.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Yes and no.

In recent years we've seen too many videos that shows a white person and a minority getting into some kind of confrontation, and people immediately attribute the white person's actions to racism when they could be because of a hundred and one other things.

A white person accuses their black neighbor of dinging his truck in the parking lot, racism.

And in and on.

Only white people are racists, non-white people aren't racist, at all!

That's how the mass media portrays it, so we know it must be true, right?

Some friends of mine, who are not white, have told me about racism by non-whites in restaurants they visited, among other examples. It's not about white racism or anything, but that's the impression we get from the mass media, all the time, over and over again.

Why does the mass media portray racism as a white issue, when it's not true? Racism is found in all races, obviously.

A well-planned agenda, of course.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Yes and no.

And in and on.

Only white people are racists, non-white people aren't racist, at all!

That's how the mass media portrays it, so we know it must be true, right?

Some friends of mine, who are not white, have told me about racism by non-whites in restaurants they visited, among other examples. It's not about white racism or anything, but that's the impression we get from the mass media, all the time, over and over again.

Why does the mass media portray racism as a white issue, when it's not true? Racism is found in all races, obviously.

A well-planned agenda, of course.

The mass media like simple two sided situations. The traditional them and us. And they like imbalance, David versus goliath. It allows them to play emotional angles that may not really exist but which create the drama that sells news space.

In reality minority on minority incidents don't sell well. Sponsors and advertisers don't like hearing that two davids are fighting each other, or that one side in a two sided debate is actually a dozen different sides.

When I was growing up there was a steady conflict between Spanish speakers and Portuguese speakers. Often in poorer blue collar neighborhoods, and frequently involving gangs. And neither side was shy about dropping the n word around African Americans. Now you hardly ever hear about it, even though the conflict is still going on. Instead the news media calls them all minorities and pretenders they are one big happy family.

Then there is the outright racism that eastern Europe and face.

But if you listen to the mass media, eastern Europeans are simply classified as being white. So when a Russian or Latvian American gets into a confrontation with an African American it's out in the context of s slavery and the list civil rights society even though the eastern European may not have arrived in the country until decades later.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

When was the last time that you were pulled over while driving even though you were following all traffic laws?

Tuesday.

But to provide some context as to why I may have been stopped, I drive a 1969 Camaro SS with racing tires and chrome side pipes, so I look like I'm breaking the law even when I'm stopped & waiting for the traffic light to change to green so I can go.

It's so worth it though...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join