It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery God, will reveal for all and the Bible has a letter to Cyrus, written by God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Magog is Russia

Half an answer is better than none, so thank you.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

God is not totally unknowable. Every day,from now to eternity is an opportunity to know that much more about God. You can only do that if you ask Him to reveal Himself to you. He does it in mysterious ways that are crafted best to catch your individual attention.

As far as the bible being written by men. It certainly came through men, and I believe God revealed it to them, because they inquired of Him. Beyond that, our beliefs are individual, and cannot be regarded as dogmatic truth the cosmic scale.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: dfnj2015

God is not totally unknowable. Every day,from now to eternity is an opportunity to know that much more about God. You can only do that if you ask Him to reveal Himself to you. He does it in mysterious ways that are crafted best to catch your individual attention.

As far as the bible being written by men. It certainly came through men, and I believe God revealed it to them, because they inquired of Him. Beyond that, our beliefs are individual, and cannot be regarded as dogmatic truth the cosmic scale.

Amen! 💞💞💞

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Apologies I didn't mean all religious people when I said You people. I was meaning the ones that post this way it doesn't help in a time and world where religion is needed more than ever. Some teetering on the fence can be reeled back with common sense its when this pops up it makes people say see this is why I'm out

a reply to: DISRAELI

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The Lie That Made God a Mystery

The Trinity, explain Catholic scholars Karl Rahner and Herbert Vorgrimler, “could not be known without revelation, and even after revelation cannot become wholly intelligible.” Can you really love someone who is impossible to know or understand? The doctrine of the Trinity, therefore, is a barrier to knowing and loving God.

Marco, quoted in an earlier article, saw the Trinity as a barrier. “I thought God was hiding his identity from me,” he says, “and that just made him even more distant, mysterious, and unapproachable.” However, “God is not a God of confusion.” (1 Corinthians 14:33, American Standard Version) He has not hidden his identity from us. He wants us to know him. Jesus said: “We worship what we know.”​—John 4:22.

“When I learned that God is not part of a Trinity,” says Marco, “I was finally able to establish a personal relationship with him.” If we view Jehovah as a distinct Person rather than a mysterious stranger, it is far easier to love him. “He that does not love has not come to know God,” says the Bible, “because God is love.”​—1 John 4:8.

“What is a mystery? Generally speaking, a mystery is a truth that is naturally impossible to understand or prove. . . . What is a religious mystery? It is one of God’s truths that we are obliged to believe, although we can neither understand it nor prove it. What are the main religious mysteries? These are the mysteries of the most Holy Trinity, the Incarnation, and the Redemption.”​—Abrégé de l’exposition de la doctrine chrétienne, 1901 (Abridged Explanation of Christian Doctrine)

The above is how a book written at the beginning of the 20th century summarized the view of the Roman Catholic Church regarding mysteries. Furthermore, the more recently published Guide des difficultés de la foi catholique (Guide to Difficulties of the Catholic Faith, 1989) shows that such doctrinal points still are of interest by stating: “It is not just through a personal attraction for obscure realities that a Christian admits the existence of a certain number of mysteries in his religious Creed. If he believes in them, it is purely on the basis of God’s Word.” But what does “God’s Word” say? Is God a mystery?

Can we know everything about God?

The Bible does give us many details about God as a Person, about his qualities and about how he deals with mankind. But it also explains that his wisdom and intelligence are beyond human understanding. Thus, the prophet Isaiah says that God’s ways and thoughts are much higher than those of man.​—Isaiah 55:8, 9.

The impossibility of knowing every single thing about God should not surprise us. For example, even though our knowledge of the universe is constantly increasing, scientists admit that they will probably never truly get to the bottom of the mysteries of the infinitely small or the infinitely large. So how could any creature know completely the depth of God’s wisdom, he who is the Creator? Job confessed to Jehovah: “I was not understanding things too wonderful for me, which I do not know.” (Job 42:3; compare Romans 11:33.) Thus, full knowledge of God is, in some respects, beyond our limited understanding. However, the doctrines of many churches go beyond the limits of these simple observations.

More mysterious than necessary?

The recently published Catholic encyclopedia Théo says: “In church teachings, the term mystery can also be applied to what God reveals about himself, for example, concerning his trinitarian existence.” As in many other theological books, the concept here implicitly developed is that ‘since knowledge of God is inevitably mysterious, it should not surprise us that God is a Trinity and that this Trinity is a mystery.’ Is such reasoning well-​founded?

First, many books acknowledge, as does The New Encyclopædia Britannica, that “neither the word Trinity, nor the explicit doctrine as such, appears in the New Testament.” Moreover, the history of this doctrine shows that it has combined many ideas taken from pagan philosophies that were incorporated into the creeds of the church several decades after the death of the apostles. Therefore, there is no solid proof that the mystery of the Trinity is founded on the Bible.* [more details here: Should You Believe in the Trinity? (Awake!—2013)]

Think of this: Since it is impossible to know everything about God, would it make sense for Jehovah to obscure his own identity? No, he desires all humans to know him. (John 17:3; compare Hebrews 8:11.) And would it make sense for those who truly want to please him to obscure his identity? To illustrate: If the only opportunity one has to view some beautiful country scenery is through a window, would it be wise to steam up the window, saying: ‘It might as well be steamed up because we can’t see the details anyway?’ Of course not! The Bible and good sense show that our knowledge of God is necessarily limited. But these limits do not at all justify converting our knowledge of God into a mysterious doctrine, such as the Trinity, that only serves to confuse our understanding of him.

Mysteries​—Pagan and Christian:

Moreover, when the term “mystery” appears in the Scriptures, it does not have the meaning of “hidden knowledge,” as it is usually understood. As Théo rightly reminds us: “The term mystery does not have the same sense here. For Christians it denotes something that is normally hidden or inaccessible, but that God wants to say to them . . . and have them experience.”

The Greek word my·steʹri·on (“mystery,” or “sacred secret”) was employed 20 times by the apostle Paul in a particular sense. He used it in reference to a sacred secret that had long been hidden but that God revealed when He sent Jesus to earth. Jesus Christ, the Savior of mankind, was the principal element of the promised “seed” that God would use to ransom mankind, the One ‘through whom all the nations of the earth would be blessed’ and who would have joint heirs in the heavens. (Genesis 3:15; 22:18; Romans 8:17) These concealed, or mysterious, elements were hidden to God’s pre-​Christian servants but were revealed by Jehovah at the proper time. (Ephesians 1:9; Colossians 1:26) Happily, this knowledge is not reserved for just a chosen few​—as is the case with religious mysteries in certain religions—​but is to be proclaimed to as many people as possible without distinction.​—Ephesians 6:19, 20.

Worshiping God in truth:

The Bible contains enough information for us to worship God in the way acceptable to him. Far from teaching a Trinity, it very clearly reveals the supremacy of Jehovah and the subordinate position of Jesus. For example, Jesus said: “The Father is greater than I am.” (John 14:28; 1 Corinthians 15:28) The Bible also indicates that the holy spirit is God’s active force, which directs his faithful servants.​—Acts 2:1-4.

When speaking with a Samaritan woman, Jesus showed that in order for someone to please God, he must worship Him “with spirit and truth.” He added that “the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him.” (John 4:21-24) It is up to each one of us to search for this accurate knowledge that will bring us blessings if we rely on God’s Word rather than accept man-​made, mysterious traditions that betray it.

More info:
Sacred Secret (Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2)

There's also:
The Lie That Made God Nameless

and:
The Lie That Made God Cruel

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: GBP/JPY

God is unknowable, infinite, without limitations, and beyond our comprehension.

Jesus once said to a Samaritan woman: “You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know”. (John 4:22)

Also see previous comment of mine (especially the paragraph concerning the question “Can we know everything about God?”). Jesus also said to some Pharisees: “The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why you do not listen, because you are not from God.” And: “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is your God. Yet you have not known him, but I know him. And if I said I do not know him, I would be like you, a liar. But I do know him and am observing his word.” (John 8:47,54-55)

In prayer to God, Jesus said: “This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.” (John 17:3) What is involved in “coming to know” God and Jesus? We can get to know them by studying the Bible and applying its message in our life. The Bible promises: “The person who does what God wants lives forever.” (1 John 2:​17, Holy Bible​—Easy-to-Read Version)

God wants us to draw close to him and become his friend. (James 2:​23; 4:8) God is eternal. He will never die, and he wants his friends to live forever as well. Through his Word, God expresses what he wants for all who seek him: “May you enjoy life forever.”​—Psalm 22:26.

Misconception: Everlasting life will be boring.

Fact: The offer of everlasting life comes from God, who loves us and wants us to be happy. (James 1:​17; 1 John 4:8) He knows that in order for us to be happy, we need purposeful work. (Ecclesiastes 3:​12) God promises that those who live forever on earth will have satisfying, meaningful work that will benefit them and their loved ones.​—Isaiah 65:22, 23.

Moreover, those who live forever will continue to learn new things about their Creator and his vast creative works. He made humans with a desire to live forever and to learn about him, though they “will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish.” (Ecclesiastes 3:​10, 11) Thus, those who live forever will always have interesting things to learn and do.

Hebrews 8:10,11 (NW)

10 “‘For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days,’ says Jehovah. ‘I will put my laws in their mind, and in their hearts I will write them. And I will become their God, and they will become my people.

11 “‘And they will no longer teach each one his fellow citizen and each one his brother, saying: “Know Jehovah!” For they will all know me, from the least to the greatest of them.

Odd thing to say if God was “unknowable”. I guess that's what you get if you simply ignore God’s Word, the Bible. There's someone out there who really likes getting people to directly contradict God's word of truth when it comes to theological subjects (or get them to believe in things that contradict God's Word, along with false impressions about God).

He is a liar! (part 2 of 2)
edit on 18-10-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join