It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida businessmen who helped Giuliani in Ukraine arrested on campaign finance charges

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gorgonite

How many Trump admin officials or associates are locked up now, wearing silver bracelets?

MAGA = My Administration Got Arrested

MAGA!!!!

The stench has surpassed Nixon level!

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

if you have to lie to get attention, isn't that like tying a pork chop to your neck, so the dog will give you some attention? Either way, weak sauce.

Not lying, the info was in the original article referenced by the piece I originally sourced.

Either way, I have updated the post with the original article along with the indictment.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Apologies, foreign national one is a Russian citizen and he’s pumping money in there. a reply to: Gorgonite

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I got busted, not you... 🤣
How come they name everyone else besides the Russian, what’s the go joe?a reply to: kingparrot

edit on 10-10-2019 by kingparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kingparrot
Apologies, foreign national one is a Russian citizen and he’s pumping money in there. a reply to: Gorgonite

No worries, I wasn't aware that the NBC article didn't include the reference to the Russian connection. I understand why people were confused.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Im guessing everyone’s reading that document right about now... still think it’s odd that they name every other defendant besides the Russian citizen.. a reply to: Gorgonite

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

No mention of Russia in your source AT ALL, and your own source states that the PAC put the money into a segregated account immediately until they figured out if it was above board or not:

In May 2018, the two men gave $325,000 to the pro-Trump super PAC American First Action through an LLC, the group confirmed to NBC News. "Accordingly, America First Action placed that contribution in a segregated bank account, it has not been used it for any purpose and the funds will remain in this segregated account until these matters are resolved," a PAC spokesman said. "We take our legal obligations seriously and scrupulously comply with the law and any suggestion otherwise is false."

Thank you for sharing this quote. I am glad to see that AFA actually following the legal rules instead of ignoring due to simple greed. It is obvious, they want to connect this to Trump, but once again, he is a winner by his supporters not using losing tactics. It must infuriate those who can't comprehend how one can win without being corrupt.

Edit add: quote shared:

In May 2018, the two men gave $325,000 to the pro-Trump super PAC American First Action through an LLC, the group confirmed to NBC News. "Accordingly, America First Action placed that contribution in a segregated bank account, it has not been used it for any purpose and the funds will remain in this segregated account until these matters are resolved," a PAC spokesman said. "We take our legal obligations seriously and scrupulously comply with the law and any suggestion otherwise is false."

edit on 10 10 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

link   
This is what a judge called "Putting The Screws" to Giuliani. It's to intimidate. Straight out of the Mueller playbook. Won't work...again.

edit on 10/10/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

link   
It's good thing the PAC recognized the issue and put the money aside.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
It's good thing the PAC recognized the issue and put the money aside.

It is possible that the only reason the prosecutors know of the wrongdoing is because the PAC informed them. I don't have proof of that, but if the PAC put the money to the side, that would indicate they thought there was something wrong.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
why did you have to lie??

Russia is not mentioned in the link

The men were charged with four counts, including conspiracy, falsification of records and lying to the FEC about their political donations, according to the indictment that outlines a conspiracy to funnel a Russian donor’s money into U.S. elections.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Welcome to the party. I’ve read 85% of the indictment then I ran out of juice cause it’s almost 0230 here but still unsure why they would name every defendant other than the the Russian? The other foreign nationals are named but not the one with the cash. Is this because he’s involved in other investigations ongoing? Anyone hazard a guess? a reply to: Extorris

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I got busted, not you... 🤣
How come they name everyone else besides the Russian, what’s the go joe?a reply to: kingparrot

The Indictment doesn't name the US Politicians that the money went to either. Lots of "Candidate - 1" "Candidate - 2" "Committee - 1" "Congressman -1"

It also mentions the former Ukrainian Ambassador that Trump had pulled from Ukraine.

LOTS here to unpack.

s.wsj.net...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So the Russians were trying to do something shady, and conservative PAC stymied the effort. Well done. Thanks to the OP for bringing it up. It gets old hearing only about the shady stuff these PACs do. This is refreshing.

(post by contextual removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Guess its a good thing the PAC had suspicions about the donation and quarantined it while it was sorted out. It seems to me you are trying to make it seem as though they were complicit even though they were not at all.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Welcome to the party. I’ve read 85% of the indictment then I ran out of juice cause it’s almost 0230 here but still unsure why they would name every defendant other than the the Russian? The other foreign nationals are named but not the one with the cash. Is this because he’s involved in other investigations ongoing? Anyone hazard a guess? a reply to: Extorris

2 reasons for not naming them a) no charges can be filed or b) investigations ongoing involving those individuals

They don't name the politicians State, Federal and their committees either. Presumably because they can't prove those politicians knew the money came from Russia.

Interesting though when you read the indictment the Russian Foreign Donor says something about being present at "all of the meetings" with the Nevada politician. I'd think that would be problematic for the Nevada politician.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Correct me if I’m wrong but the Russian is the only DEFENDANT that isn’t named
I’ll correct myself, he isn’t a defendant, just a relevant individual ...a reply to: Extorris

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

This is a disgusting post.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

It isn’t clear whether Trump considered his request for Tillerson to intervene to be improper or was just testing the bounds of what he could do as president on an issue that could provide diplomatic benefits while also helping Giuliani, a longtime supporter. The Oval Office meeting occurred in the second half of 2017 and Giuliani wasn’t the president’s personal lawyer at the time, as he is now.

From your article...sounds pretty innocuous to me. They of course had that bit down near the bottom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join