It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shelled prison holding ISIS fighters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kingparrot
It was a wardrobe, that’s your personal spin...a reply to: CriticalStinker

A fancy, free-standing closet then....

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Freeing them?

They probably meant to say, freeing them from their miserable lives..?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
A buffet if you would a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The Kurds are not a monolithic group. The vast majority of the fighting is happening between the PKK and the Turks. The PKK is a communist revolutionary group which has been at war with Turkey, Iran, Iraq, and Syria for a very long time.

Before the PKK it was an ethnic fight until Kurdistan was broken up.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
We never saw anyone attack anything. For all we know those were US bombs. Honestly we know nothing and they will tell us anything to justify a war, whether true or not.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Now why would Turkey do that? If they did, it was because the EU countries asked them to behind closed doors. The USA and Russia have walked away from that camp/prison. It's full of tents, it's not standing buildings. Big tents. The Kurds were asked to watch them and they are not. The Kurds are running to fight Turkey instead of watching these people. And the camp/prison people have started to act up. Even the left wing, liberal rag, UK Guardian states this. LOL www.theguardian.com...

Nope. It's not Turkey. It's the Kurds IMO. The ISIS people in those camps/prisons have been rioting for a week or more knowing that the USA was leaving and the Kurds were going to be the guards. They also knew the Kurds would run to fight Turkey and allow them to escape. They even expect Turkey to let them go. Will Turkey do this? Why not? It's not Turkey's place to support those Europeans in that camp/prison. And the EU have already told Turkey they will get no more money to support refugees or asylum seekers. So Turkey has been deporting Syrians and other nationals back to their country of origin. Turkey is not going to stop those people from going to the EU. In your dreams. LOL

And if Turkey makes a mistake and hits that camp/prison and kills some of those people, the EU people need to thank them for getting rid of their problem children so they don't come "home" to the EU and create destruction. And they will once they get back to the EU. The EU should have taken them people out while they had the chance and they refused. So all this is going to blow back into the EU's lap where it should have been in the first place.

The fact that the Kurds will claim that Turkey hit that camp/prison is a great excuse for how they got out and it absolves the Kurds who left their guard posts empty to fight Turkey. Win-win for the Kurds and Turkey there. The USA doesn't care what happens to those people or we would not have walked away from them. They are not our citizens and we don't owe them anything. It's the EU's neck of the woods along with their citizens. Syria doesn't seem to care so why should I? I noticed the Syrians are not guarding those people either.

As the USA, Russia, Turkey and Syria have all come to an understanding about this 20 mile buffer zone, it's only the Kurds that have a problem with it. They should have walked away but nope, they hate the Turks so bad, any excuse is a great excuse to kill each other for them. I say, more power to them. May the best fighters win.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Gorgonite

Wow - now that's genius.

'Let's blast the crap out of the prison to get them out'...

Give that guy a medal.

Nothing new there, this is one of my favourite WW2 stories, but it was intended for the better good;

The objective of the raid was to free French Resistance and political prisoners. The raid is remarkable for the precision and daring of the attack, which was filmed by a camera on one of the aeroplanes [footage embedded below].

There is debate as to who requested the attack and whether it was necessary. Mosquito bombers succeeded in breaching the walls and buildings of the prison, as well as destroying guards' barracks. Of the 717 prisoners, 102 were killed, 74 wounded and 258 escaped, including 79 Resistance and political prisoners, although two-thirds of the escapees were recaptured.

Operation Jericho

British Pathe' Film, 1994 - 'The Jail Breakers'

Sorry folk, I'm unable to embed for some reason, here's the footage of the raid - m.youtube.com...

I don't believe I'm off-topic, but I'll understand if I'm put back in my quiet corner.

edit on 10/10/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: YouTube link wouldn't embed πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

edit on 10/10/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Bloody autocock-up again

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

'British Pathe' Film, 1944'

I can be a propper div sometimes, lol πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The technique of explosive breech of the prison walls goes back to WW2 POW rescue missions. It was even done by aircraft.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

This is an accusation from the Kurds.

I'll take it as allegations until I see evidence myself. While I would rather side with the Kurds than the Turks, I still take any word of someone in conflict with another with a grain of salt.

Was that their intended target? Did it actually kill prisoners rather than "help them escape"? Are they compartmentalized to cells or held en masse?

The article was very short, and lately I've been skeptical of all major outlets as they only care about clicks, not presenting facts.

Even though my bias would love to say "look, see" and I could believe it, I'm thinking like you. Need to see some evidence/details.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
The technique of explosive breech of the prison walls goes back to WW2 POW rescue missions. It was even done by aircraft.

Sure it does...but please reference one that was shelled.

What you speak of was done by a ground team....not shelling

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

This is an accusation from the Kurds.

I'll take it as allegations until I see evidence myself. While I would rather side with the Kurds than the Turks, I still take any word of someone in conflict with another with a grain of salt.

Was that their intended target? Did it actually kill prisoners rather than "help them escape"? Are they compartmentalized to cells or held en masse?

The article was very short, and lately I've been skeptical of all major outlets as they only care about clicks, not presenting facts.

Even though my bias would love to say "look, see" and I could believe it, I'm thinking like you. Need to see some evidence/details.

I really wouldn't be surprised either way. And while I greatly favor the Kurds as they've been a very loyal ally, and the Turks rank as one of our worse allies... This is going to be a war, one where the Kurds are backed into a corner. I expect we're not always going to be presented with things as they are going forward and that's understandable.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: FlyingFox

Sure it does...but please reference one that was shelled.

What you speak of was done by a ground team....not shelling

Not just from the ground, but by low flying high speed RAF Mosquitos dropping unguided bombs, see my comment above for reference,

And that was back in 1944 (did I get the year right this time? Lol)

🍻

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Video of Turkey Shelling an ISIS prison.

LINK

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hasn't Trump threatened to place sanctions on Turkey, which is completely contradictory?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join