It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am admitting I was wrong about something with the Democrats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I see a whole lot of hypocrites screaming for the USA to "get involved and stay involved". It wasn't that long ago, the same people were screaming about Trump going into Syria. Now you think he should stay? Make up your damn minds and quit being such hypocrites. WTF????

I have news for y'all. This was planned out with RUSSIA, SYRIA, TURKEY AND THE USA. It's not what you are saying. It's not something on the fly. This have been talked about for a long time and Russia and Syria agreed to allow Turkey this property as a buffer zone while the USA was the hold out. Now the USA is finally playing ball with the other actors on that stage and y'all are having a cow. Everyone knew the Kurds would object because they wanted that land and were told NO. By everyone. So now, the Kurds do what the Kurds do best, they go fight their enemy the Turks. It's nothing new and the Kurds have better weapons now then they would have if the USA never got involved. The Kurds knew the USA was getting out. This wasn't a secret to anyone watching that area.

If you feel so strongly about it, run and help the Kurds out fighting Turkey. No one is stopping you. I'm frigging tired of policing the world and getting bitched at for it. And now y'all want to bitch because we quit. Y'all ain't never gonna be happy and as I think someone should be happy instead of everyone being miserable, I AM HAPPY THE USA PULLED OUT!!! Very, very, very happy to not be policing the world. I've been screaming and protesting that most of my life and now it's come true under Trump. It could have been under anyone and I would still be very, very, very happy. I don't care if you are not happy about it because NOTHING is going to make you happy. Just showing how hypocritical y'all are really. Sad, very sad to see all those crocodile tears y'all are shedding. They are not working anymore so wipe your face off, blow your nose and stop blaming people because you changed your minds and are now for the USA policing the entire world. This crap is not the USA's problem. Tired of it. Blood for nothing.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

looking out for our own interests is now "selfish"
a reply to: shooterbrody

synonyms:
egocentric · egotistic · egotistical · egomaniacal · self-centred · self-regarding · self-absorbed · self-obsessed · self-seeking · self-serving · wrapped up in oneself · inward-looking · introverted · self-loving · inconsiderate · thoughtless · unthinking · uncaring · heedless · unmindful · regardless · insensitive · tactless · uncharitable · unkind · miserly · grasping · greedy · mercenary · money-grubbing · acquisitive · opportunistic · out for what one can get · mean · looking after number one · on the make

Have a cookie!
Tissue?

But look at the upside of your new friendship with the Turkey! Your Fore-feathers must be proud.

Hypocrisy. What a thing...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
"Trump recklessly dropped support for the Kurds"

Not sure who came up with the term "reckless", but as a general note for us all to remember; Trump is not Hitler, he does not think he is a general. Unlike Hitler, Trump listens to his Generals.

So Trump did not just make this decision up out of thin air. He is listening to his military advisers - who sometimes argue with each other - and he makes what he feels is the best decision. The generals are not always united, some times they disagree, the ones who do not get their way are unhappy. But it is all thought out ahead of time. There is nothing "reckless" about it.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

One pretty obvious answer is that maybe the democrats get in there and realized that pulling out would mean the slaughter of the Kurds and such...

That is the present dynamic for any politician who has promised a troop withdrawal so it a fair analogy...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

His generals did not want to withdraw from Syria?!??

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Oh, everything is Hitler now. Sure.

There is nothing "reckless" about it.

Says who, one of his advisers? Which moron was it?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Guyfriday

Article 5 only applies if a member country is being attacked. In this case, Turkey is the aggressor so they cannot invoke Article 5.

Turkey claims there has been cross border attacks by the PKK. They ssy they are securing their border from further attacks

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

what a joke

Sadly you don't see the real joke.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Turkey claims

... a lot.

We better trust Erdo Gans blindly then.

Women from Kongra Star started the WDF “to co-ordinate international resistance” in solidarity with women and “against the occupation war of the Turkish state”.

The revolution in Rojava is based on “the values of women’s freedom, direct democracy, and creating a collective ecological society. Erdoğan sees the revolution in Rojava as a threat to his own dictatorial [Turkish] nationalism and wants to destroy it”.

Turkish invaders will meet ‘furious anger’ and ‘joy in resistance’ from northern Syria’s feminist revolution

Just securing the border from hot chicks in uniforms. It's horrible!

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

A few years back, same situation under a different president and you would be hailing it because the US shouldn't be the world's police

Wrong is wrong regardless of the political persuasion of the President , I'm not American so don't have a preference but Trump is the worst President I've experienced , Reagan was a genius compared to this guy.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: 1337Kph

A few years back, same situation under a different president and you would be hailing it because the US shouldn't be the world's police

Wrong is wrong regardless of the political persuasion of the President , I'm not American so don't have a preference but Trump is the worst President I've experienced , Reagan was a genius compared to this guy.

You have been on the site forever , a staple.. Well respected member I wonder if you have one post from before all of this where you cared about the kURDS?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hyperlexic

I wonder if you have one post from before all of this where you cared about the kURDS?

Why would that make a difference to me thinking Trump's letting them be cleansed is wrong ?

It is a betrayal by America of people who played a big part in the downfall of ISIS , classy.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

originally posted by: thedigirati

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
Is it willful ignorance or just naivete that prevents people from seeing that Trump is just protecting his business interests in Turkey?

Gosh , well he better release those F35's to them then other wise his properties might get taken.

Oh wait he is not giving them up well darn

Kinda blows that theory..... like quid pro quo huh?

So it's willful for you.... the Turks will buy from Russia. It's a win/win for comrade Trump. Quid pro quo you know.

It's not Trump's deal. It's Turkey's deal and decision. Turkey wanted info that the USA was not willing to hand over with the Patriot system. Turkey decided they didn't want that system and another system was available. The USA really did not have much to do with Turkey's decision. Turkey did what Turkey wanted for their country and the USA is doing what it does for the USA. Trump tried really hard to get Turkey to buy the USA system. Turkey wasn't having anything to do with it. Do you think the USA should have forced Turkey to buy the USA's system instead of the Russian one? All other countries also have a choice of who's system they want to buy. Are we suppose to go beat up everyone that buys from Russia? Think about it.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

Not sure who came up with the term "reckless", but as a general note for us all to remember; Trump is not Hitler, he does not think he is a general. Unlike Hitler, Trump listens to his Generals.

So Trump did not just make this decision up out of thin air. He is listening to his military advisers - who sometimes argue with each other - and he makes what he feels is the best decision. The generals are not always united, some times they disagree, the ones who do not get their way are unhappy. But it is all thought out ahead of time. There is nothing "reckless" about it.

I respectfully disagree...The POTUS pulled the 100 Special Operation troops from Syria "without consulting top Pentagon or State Department advisors."

quote: The Guardian

I was quite saddened when Trump threw the Syrian Kurds under the bus. You kinda wonder whether Trump has become so paranoid about his phone conversations with foreign leaders being leaked-out, that he refuses to conduct foreign policy with his advisors. The president of Turkey - Erdogan wants a 20 mile DMZ buffer zone on the Syrian/Turkish border, instead of the present 2 mile zone.

The recent U.S. pullout of military troops...could signify that Trump was obviously warned about the coming offensive against the Kurds by Erdogan. That also brings-up the suspicion...that Trump was looked upon as weak by Erdogan, because of the possibility that D.J.T. was afraid of reprisal on his business interests in Turkey --- Trump Hotel --- if he did not pull U.S. troops out of the Syrian/Turkish border.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I wonder if you have one post from before all of this where you cared about the kURDS?

Why would that make a difference to me thinking Trump's letting them be cleansed is wrong ?

It is a betrayal by America of people who played a big part in the downfall of ISIS , classy.

LOL Those Kurds are RUNNING as fast as they can to go kill Turks. They are not running from the Turks. They knew Turkey was going to take that area and they are aware of what will happen if they don't leave. That little ISIS camp/prison is not even in the buffer zone. Turkey should not even mess with it and believe me, others are watching closely and it's not just the USA.

If the Kurds are killed it's because they ran to confront it and didn't heed the warnings that to run away is to regroup and fight another day. Noooooo.... The Kurds want to kill Turks and they don't care where it's at or who gets in their way.

The Kurds were left in an area that they should have been safe in. But they are determined not to follow the agreement made by Syria, Turkey, Russia and the USA. Who's fault is that? Not the USA's. The Kurds knew they were going to be standing all alone and they accepted that. Why haven't you? You feel so strongly, go join them in their madness. Lots of others have joined in the madness of different ideologies. This is just another ideology that the USA shouldn't be in the middle of. It's not ours and we don't want any part of it. Let the Kurds and Turkey fight it out like they have done for decades if not centuries. So far, neither one of them has managed to do genocide on the other. There are Kurds in other countries ya know? The Kurds in Syria aren't the only ones. And the Kurds claim it's Islamic terrorists and at one time, Turkey and Iraq (Saddam) that was trying to commit genocide on them. After a while, crying wolf doesn't work anymore.
Although Saddam was nasty and I do blame the USA for that little screw up. But hey, can not change history so this time, no promises were made to the Kurds. They knew the score going in to this fight.

I will not give sympathy to people that rush to their own doom. The Kurds don't have to fight Turkey. They CHOOSE to.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

I respectfully disagree...The POTUS pulled the 100 Special Operation troops from Syria "without consulting top Pentagon or State Department advisors."

quote: The Guardian

I was quite saddened when Trump threw the Syrian Kurds under the bus. You kinda wonder whether Trump has become so paranoid about his phone conversations with foreign leaders being leaked-out, that he refuses to conduct foreign policy with his advisors. The president of Turkey - Erdogan wants a 20 mile DMZ buffer zone on the Syrian/Turkish border, instead of the present 2 mile zone.

The recent U.S. pullout of military troops...could signify that Trump was obviously warned about the coming offensive against the Kurds by Erdogan. That also brings-up the suspicion...that Trump was looked upon as weak by Erdogan, because of the possibility that D.J.T. was afraid of reprisal on his business interests in Turkey --- Trump Hotel --- if he did not pull U.S. troops out of the Syrian/Turkish border.

Hey, it's a liberal rag with a bias. Of course they are going to think that. Just pick out some facts from articles and leave the commentary of the reporter out of it. That's an opinion and not fact.

If Trump is looked at as weak by Erdogan, how is Russia and Syria looking to him? Those countries have a say in this don'tcha think? After all, it's Syria's land and Russia has stated they will defend Syria from all comers. Even Turkey. I don't see those two countries running to the Kurds rescue do you?

Liberal rags always make it about how horrible Trump is. I'm tired of that crap. I am sure Trump tower in Turkey was not even mentioned in any of this crap. Why should it be? It's not USA property. It's Trump's property. This is total slander with no basis in facts. Slander by this rag. And I'm not defending Trump. I would say that about anyone that said something assinine like that. Don't believe every little thing you read or hear from the media. They have an agenda and bias, just like everyone does. See beyond the bias to the facts.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Would like to back you up on your estimate. I too was there and our estimates were between 1.4m and 900k. To this day I think that was the most actual people I've ever seen in one place in person.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion
however you would like to color it
no worries here
thanks for the cookie, no tissue needed
our Fore-feathers preferred hats or headdresses, you know the whole "stuck a feather in his cap" bit?

as to proud, I wouldn't begin to speculate
tho they had some issues in that part of the world as well
Jefferson in particular had some pointed thoughts on that region

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

This is about the Kurds, and about the Kurds only. Right. Right? Nice try.

Let's talk about our new members then.

You don't even have a posting history, is that supposed to tell us something as well? Welcome to the pit, idiot!

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sybdragon

I respectfully disagree --- Trump Tower in Turkey was mentioned on mainstream media --- CNN or MSNBC about last Tuesday night.

I'm speculating that Putin and President Assad of Syrian look to the POTUS as being weak or crazy --- or maybe even both.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join