It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am admitting I was wrong about something with the Democrats

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
First of all we have no allies in the Middle East. The Middle East is a complete waste of time and money. When the "chosen" people got to the "promise land" it was already occupied. It's been War and Hell ever since. We should pull ALL our troops out of Middle East. Let China defend it's oil interests with its own money.

Okay, that said, someone said after Trump recklessly dropped support for the Kurds the Democrats would start pro-war talk. I have felt for years now Democrats have been against the Iraq invasions especially after the WMD debacle was exposed. But whoever said it was right. Julian Castro running for the Democrat nomination came out with a pro-War stance just to get cheap political points.

"JULIÁN CASTRO: Well, this is a stunning betrayal of allies in Syria. These Kurds have fought alongside the United States, pushing back ISIS. They have been vital to our success there. "

So I was wrong. If you are against the end-less wars in the Middle East then you can't flip-flop just for cheap political gain. Someone said the Democrats would do it. At the time I thought no they would not. But they did. Or at least one did. I'm not sure Julian Castro speaks for every Democrat in the party. It confirms my generalization all politicians suck. Democrats are just as bad as Republicans and vise versa. It's all side-show madness with no real meaningful purpose.

edit on 10-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
It is interesting to see who wants to continue the never ending war.

I would like to see ALL of out troops brought home.
Enough is enough.

War should not be a partisan issue imo.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The truth is that the Middle East is full of people that hate each other and that's not going to change.

Democrats and republicans are the same. Business as usual.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Gotta give props to the OP for being honest here.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Someone said the Democrats would do it. At the time I thought no they would not. But they did. Or at least one did.

Well one person did. So I guess that means all Democrats.

Welcome to right wing logic.

How's it feel?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I haven't seen anyone support a continued war. I have seen people opposed to leaving our allies to the wolves. Mere hours after Trump's announcement Erdogan has begun his extermination campaign.

And Trump's response? Justify it by lying about the Kurds involvement in WWII.

That's absolutely repugnant no matter how you look at it.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The thing that gets me is how all his supporters try to frame it as Democrats being against troops coming home..

When what really happened is that Trump just moved the troops to another area in Syria. No one is coming home because of any of this. That was just an excuse to cover the real reason behind it. Whatever was said on the phone by Erdogan that made Trump impulsively take this course of action without consulting anyone...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
As soon as all the anti war protesters that were so anti war when Bush was president ended up on Milk Cartons when Obama got into office

Same wars, different responses = punk @ss posers

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I am amused by the 60's hippies running the Governmnet

in the 60's these same folks said war was a racket

now that the racket is paying them

your children are good enough to die in their wars..

the best part, NO ONE calls them out on this BS

Carry on.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Well, I agree the right wing has a propensity to generalize any nut-case was being "the left" but I assure you I am way to far to the left to ever be considered right wing.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
S&F to the OP for being honest and seeing at least one high profile Democrat being a politician. This makes me wonder if the move by the president was in some way a maneuver to "out" those in the opposition party that would cry like war-hawks now when prior they were bleating sheep railing against having our troops in harms way.

Just a thought, that it could also be a political move to be used in the coming election cycle as a talking point.

Politicians will be politicians. Because they have to play the political game. Unfortunately, we are the pawn in that game, ready to be sacrificed at the whim of the game master.

edit on 10/10/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Is it willful ignorance or just naivete that prevents people from seeing that Trump is just protecting his business interests in Turkey?
edit on 10-10-2019 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
Is it willful ignorance or just naivete that prevents people from seeing that Trump is just protecting his business interests in Turkey?

Gosh , well he better release those F35's to them then other wise his properties might get taken.

Oh wait he is not giving them up well darn

Kinda blows that theory..... like quid pro quo huh?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
As soon as all the anti war protesters that were so anti war when Bush was president ended up on Milk Cartons when Obama got into office

Same wars, different responses = punk @ss posers

I protested the Iraq war in 2004. They said only 200,000 marched but I counted 1.2 million by counting city blocks times the number of people I counted in one city block.

The best thing about marching in 2004 was there were a large number of girls marching from an organization called "Breasts For Peace". I marched with their group most of the march!

Yes, I agree with your post. But I'm not sure it's because party members are "posers". I think both parties are exactly the same for the following reason:

1. Domestic policies for both parties are defined by the same set of lobbyists
2. Foreign policies for both parties is dictated to each party by the Council of Foreign Relations (CFR).

So essentially in this country we have single party rule.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Can you imagine how much McCain would be screaming right now, if he were still around?

And good on you Dfnj2015, for being open minded enough to see this.

Nice OP.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It is interesting to see who wants to continue the never ending war.

How many US boots on the ground were there in Syria ?

I would like to see ALL of out troops brought home.

To do what , sit in barracks ?
If they're all sat at home perhaps troop lay offs are in order , just think of the money that would save.

War should not be a partisan issue imo.

I think in the case of the Middle East it should , Republicans own the mess they made... and are still making.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I haven't seen anyone support a continued war. I have seen people opposed to leaving our allies to the wolves. Mere hours after Trump's announcement Erdogan has begun his extermination campaign.

And Trump's response? Justify it by lying about the Kurds involvement in WWII.

That's absolutely repugnant no matter how you look at it.

This is in no way pointed at you Xcalibur, I only quote you here since it was your post that made me think.

How is it that Trump is getting attacked for not supporting the Kurds with Turkey and the Kurds are at odds? Let's remember that NATO requires that we support them and Turkey is a NATO country, so wouldn't support of the Kurds be against the NATO pact? Also I like how quickly the Turks attacked the Kurds when we announced that we are leaving, but the other NATO countries do nothing about it other than blame the US. Maybe if the core NATO countries have a problem then they should get involved with one of their own instead of having the US do everything for them.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think in the case of the Middle East it should , Republicans own the mess they made... and are still making.

You mean when the Republicans created the "Arab Spring " and destabilized half of the middle east and then left their new "allies" to be trampled by despotic governments, or do you mean the few successful instances where they almost accidentally installed the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, created mass chaos in Libya which is still a #hole, and fomented a civil war in Syria, and arming Daesh which then bit them in the ass? Maybe you meant when Republicans sent troops to Syria and instituted the no fly zones to protect "their" "rebels"?

Maybe you meant when the Republicans droned US citizens in the Middle East without a trial?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Article 5 only applies if a member country is being attacked. In this case, Turkey is the aggressor so they cannot invoke Article 5.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

Gosh , well he better release those F35's to them then other wise his properties might get taken.

Oh wait he is not giving them up well darn

Kinda blows that theory..... like quid pro quo huh?

So it's willful for you.... the Turks will buy from Russia. It's a win/win for comrade Trump. Quid pro quo you know.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join