It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurds in World War II

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

What's unwinnable? Stability?

Because it isn't exactly coincidence that the most stable ME nations are close US allies and the rest are actively being destabilised.

It's funny that some nations over there get maximum support despite meddling in other nation's civil wars and committing human rights violations, yet an ally in times of combat doesn't even get humanitarian assistance.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: gallop

It's not really all that hard to understand.
The people in this conflict hate each other at the subatomic level.
They will never coexist peacefully.

You nailed it. And nobody getting in the middle of it will force it on them. Only people that benefit are arms dealers and those getting military government contracts. It's a scam perpetrated on American taxpayers by politicians.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This makes Trump look bad. He tried to defend ditching the kurds by making up some WW2 nonsense. I wonder what excuses the trump sheep will make this time?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

The pull out was done after a phone call with Erdogan. Within two days Turkey launched an offensive into Syria.

The Syrian government seemingly supports this.

You don't flip flop on foreign policy like that. Especially when western influence in the Syrian war was on grounds of a humanitarian crisis.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

With all due respect that is not how it would've gone. Germany wouldn't have won. There were other countries who were doing the majority of the fighting. We can debate who did what and how much was done by who but no Germany was already near defeat when the US came into the war. I'm not saying America didn't go anything but let's not pretend they were the saviours.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
This makes Trump look bad. He tried to defend ditching the kurds by making up some WW2 nonsense. I wonder what excuses the trump sheep will make this time?

No excuses needed. I support bringing our troops home and Trump said he would bring em home! Aren't you guys the same ones who protest against the evil Capitalist US government and it's Imperialism???

Seems you guys can't make up your minds.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I have a lot of respect for China in this regard. They don't get involved in any of it. They are more concerned about making the NBA bow down to them and beg for mercy.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Turkey and the Kurds have been at war for over a century. But I see the establishment politicians want to act as if we leave 50 troops in Northern Syria that will resolve this never-ending war between them.

The establishment politicians also are the biggest receivers of campaign donations from the MIC when compared to the donations Trump has received, so there is the motivation for their reasoning. You know follow the money, something that has been key in finding corruption since forever. Weird why out of all the candidates for the presidency, Bernie receives so much from the MIC.

Source
edit on 10-10-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

As a businessman however, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump sided with the Vannevar Bushes of the world and saw dollar signs in supporting the burgeoning German war machine.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Then why isn't trump removing troops from saudi arabia? They seem pretty capable of defending themselves...

Hypocrisy

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: seeker1963

Then why isn't trump removing troops from saudi arabia? They seem pretty capable of defending themselves...

Hypocrisy

Probably because Saudi Arabia and the UAE asked trump to send troops to protect their airspace..

"news conference late Friday following a White House meeting with Trump, Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper emphasized that the deployments were defensive in nature, and in response to requests from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates to help protect “critical infrastructure” from further attacks "
edit on 10-10-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

So it's just a coincidence that less than 24 hours after Trump announces those troops are being pulled out, (after consulting with Erdogan) Turkey attacks civilian targets in Kurdish territory?

It seems pretty clear those troops, no matter how few they may have been, were acting as a detriment.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

And the Kurds want us there to defend them from Turkey. Why do we listen to some allies pleas while ignoring others?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Bluntone22

And the Kurds want us there to defend them from Turkey. Why do we listen to some allies pleas while ignoring others?

How much oil do The Kurds supply to The U.S. compared with Saudi Arabia ? And how much Military Hardware do the Kurds buy from The U.S. ?

You will find your answer there.
edit on 10-10-2019 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

There is no coincidence. Turkey and the Kurds have never liked each other throughout history and have been fighting just as long, nothing new. Yes, our military soldiers are badasses and we're allies with Turkey, so we were a deterrent from them attacking. So what are the options?

Leave our guys there to die for eternity to protect rebels from one of our allies. Or, take the hit on the shoulder and pull the troops out now since he literally campaigned on doing just that.

It's a hard decision, but I definitely stand behind bringing our troops home rather than leaving them there to die for a centuries-old war that will probably never end no matter what the US does. That's my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I'll just leave this here.

www.dailykos.com...

Abandoning an ally is a new low.

No offense, but how many of my 3 military age sons have to die creating a Kurdish State?

Are you willing to take down the Countries of Iran, Iraq, Syria and Turkey to do that? That's what it will take.

How much of our Blood and Treasure?

How is Syria an urgent and pressing National Security Issue that we have to have more US Men and Women die defending that? Who made Syria into the Hell-Hole it currently is?

If Syria is such a major National Security Issue, then what other countries fit that criteria?

I'm tired of fighting other people's Wars for them...... Let them do it.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Closed for staff review

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
***ATTENTION***

This is not the mudpit. Politically trolling posts will be removed and the user will face a potential posting ban.

The topic is "Kurds in World War II"

The topic has nothing to do with Hillary, snowflakes, or any similar subject. Please post on topic, or your posts will be removed. Civil discussion is something everyone is capable of. Please match this capability in your actions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join