It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAGA country

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: CynConcepts

You have actually made me think here Cyn. You make good points .
At first, when watching those debates, I said to myself, what a breath of fresh air to blow the cobwebs and staunch Republican self righteousness off the stage. I actually cheered Trump for that. I saw it as a tactic, as I suppose it is and as I suppose his supporters still see it. But for me that changed when I came to see him not just as a candidate who used that as a tactic but rather indeed was at his core a bully displaying his natural self in front of us all.

Was that before or after watching/hearing the biased MSM interpret what you saw, and tell you to be hateful?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That hat could just as well say, "Watch the Liberals Cry Again". Trump's win didn't "make" them do anything, they did it all by themselves. And I have no doubt they WILL do it again.
edit on 10 10 2019 by underpass61 because: sp

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

You seem wrapped up in that notion that everyone who can't stomach Trump is a product of the MSM. How convenient and simple for you to just shuffle all those people off into that small corner of your mind.

Have you any inkling of just how often that line is pushed? It's as common as butter on toast.

I just wonder about the conservative notion that liberals see them all in such inferior light. That they are all uneducated rednecks and all. We can hear this often, that this is how conservatives see liberal opinions of conservatives.
I think that in some cases that this could be true and likely is. However to toss everyone who differs from the Trumpian view as being victims of the MSM is just as myopic, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You seem wrapped up in that notion that everyone who can't stomach Trump is a product of the MSM. How convenient and simple for you to just shuffle all those people off into that small corner of your mind.

Have you any inkling of just how often that line is pushed? It's as common as butter on toast.

I just wonder about the conservative notion that liberals see them all in such inferior light. That they are all uneducated rednecks and all. We can hear this often, that this is how conservatives see liberal opinions of conservatives.
I think that in some cases that this could be true and likely is. However to toss everyone who differs from the Trumpian view as being victims of the MSM is just as myopic, don't you think?

I noticed you failed to answer the question. But, instead chose to deflect on a diatribe.

Funny that....

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: hyperlexic

I find it disturbing you hate your own countrymen that share different political views.....

I find it disturbing that anyone would actually cry over Hillary losing.

But at least I still care alot more about them then I do the damm Kurds.

Cant say the same for them though.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

have you seen the video of Trump on Oprah in 88? Everyone loved the guy, she practically begged him to run for POTUS.

They loved him so much they gave him a hit TV show.

Why did all of that change ?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

As you seem incapable of discerning my answer to your obsolete question I will answer in one word .... Before. There. Now about my point that you can only label diatribe.

Do you not see that your question was simplistic?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

As you seem incapable of discerning my answer to your obsolete question I will answer in one word .... Before. There. Now about my point that you can only label diatribe.

Do you not see that your question was simplistic?

First off, thank you for answering.

Second, from you answer it seems to me that you didn't trust your initial first-hand experience and decisions on his performance. Until, what? Until the media decided to berate him and attempt to tell everyone how evil and bad he was for the country? When was it, or what was it that changed your mind then?

As for the diatribe, yes, that is exactly what it was, a diatribe that was unrelated to my question and an attempt to deflect your feelings and project them upon me. Your projections are so off track that they are irrelevant here. I asked a simple question, because simple questions require simple answers.

I've asked that same simple question to others that express their hatred for our president, you are not special. Many cannot answer and respond in the same manner that you did, with deflection and projection at best. At worst, I get called a racist or some other derogatory term for even questioning them on the topic. At least you are in the former as opposed to the more rabid latter group.

Let me ask again,

When was it, or what was it that changed your mind then?

edit on 10/10/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Please tell me, would you consider your statement above to be bullying? You know the part where you tell us about the bunch of losers... If so, how are you any different?

Thank you and I will tell you as you ask. When I was writing that reply out and came to that part I actually had slipped into my old bully frame myself while identifying as Trump and his approach to the other candidates. Yes, I agree that I have bully tendencies still. KInd of like the now and then urge to light up a ciggie twenty years after stopping.

Thanks for that slap on the wrist NoF.

The thing is, it is so much easier to point out mistakes when other makes them. I do realize iam not perfect myself.

I remember reading something about the psychology behind bullying. Cant remember exactly how it goes, but it was something about you could divide people into 3 groups.
The victim, The abuser, and The protector.
The abuser bullied the victim, the protector bullied the abuser(maybe even the victim in some way), cant remember if the victim was innocent in all this, but i dont think so
We are all quilty.
Anyways, I have allways been the one to stand up for my friends and tried to protect them from abuse - Made me realize I wasnt such a "hero" afterall, and that I sometimes just was a bully myself. I bullied the bully, because I thought they deserved to be put in place. Maybe they did, maybe not - But i was bullying myself.
I think we all do it in some ways, some are just more aware of it than others.

So i know exactly how you feel, and sometimes i just cant help myself either - Atleast it is not on purpose when i do it.
So gotta say i have a lot of respect for you reply, it takes a lot of guts to realize ones own mistakes, and own up to them - Thank you for that

But lets be honest, it was a tiny mistake and served perfectly for my own selfish reasons so I could make a point
So was never ment to be a slap on the wrist, just a reminder that we all can be bullies no matter what our beliefs and who we voted for.
edit on 10 10 2019 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KrakatoaCool

Until what?

Until I realized that his tactics were not just tactics but rather who he is as a person. The media had noting to do with it other than to present him to us as he is. . Many say, that the media is biased against him and in this I will not argue. What I will argue is that all Triumpian critics are brainwashed by the media.

So, fearing diatribe I will attempt to answer you. It is in my nature to be critical of elected and non-elected leaders. Simple huh? Likewise it has been beaten into me to be critical of bosses, generally all people who assume authority or claim authority. So in that, at first I liked Trump as a champion of just that, he seemed to tell truth to power.

But then he began to rise in the polls and destroy the other Republicans around him. This changed his position to me. He was no longer just another guy but had become a focal point and one who '' would assume authority''

So in that new position he held I began to consider him in my old way, as someone to be critical of. To me this is responsibility. To hold our leaders to the fire. This is my job. I did it with Reagan and I did it with Bush. I did it with Clinton and Bush again. i did not like any of them. I gave Obama a chance and within months had given up on him as well.
I'm an anti-authoritarian and hence skeptical of all authority, and Trump to me reeks of authoritarianism.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

I know that in me at least, when I slip to bullying it is because of my own inadequacies. You also point out that '' we all do it in some ways, some are just more aware of it than others.''Gotcha.. As well some do it and relish in it.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Cry me a river!!! He just finally did what Democrats/liberals/progressives are doing to conservatives. Bullying them into submission. Trump finally had the balls to stand up to their bull#.
You crack me up tho. You are the pot calling the kettle black.
Go back to playing video games in your moms basement. a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't think the maga crowd are bullies perse, they just seem to be the liberal snowflakes of concervatives. Just like the far left they are lead by memes almost entirely, and have a frantic approach to defense. Lots of name calling lots of hurt feelings, lots of projection and lots blind Faith in ideology. Both groups are really hell bent on stagnation just in two different philosophical places and both groups are blinded by an us or them mentality. It's definitely not theajority of either side just those with the biggest mouths and the most hurt feelers. Just like Hilary was a lightning rod for liberal zealots Trump is the same for concervative zealots.
As an outsider it's actually pretty funny to watch the groups go at each other using the same tactics the same logical fallacies and underhanded tricks all the while bemoaning the other side for doing the same. The whole but x did it first really gets me. It's like really? My mom whipped that out of me when I was 8, how's that a relevant standpoint for adults?
Anyway, fun times. It definitely makes for funny discourse if you've got a dark streak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join