It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Stonewalling of Impeachment Inquiry Is an Impeachable Offense

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

What gets me is....

Had this happen at the same time in Trump's second term, it likely couldn't be seen as illegal since he wasn't running again. Though, since it's his first term, it's seen as illegal.

Still, I suspect even at the second term, Dems would still keep trying anything and everything they could to impeach him. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they kept trying for the next 50 years, just to make sure that they set a good example for anyone that was not a crooked croney who legitimately tried to make things right and better for the people of this country.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Lumenari

You can't twist documentary evidence like text messages from the people involved.

But apparently you can keep twisting the truth and calling it illegal and make half the country believe it when it's obviously not done the way the dems claim it to be.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Is it?

You DO realize that to have an impeachment inquiry requires a vote int he house before the inquiry itself is legal, right? can you show me the results of that vote? Ill help you out...it hasn't happened.

You DO realize that being president doesn't exclude you from basic rights like a right to due process? Can you show me where Trump (as the accused) is being given access to cross question witnesses? Why are GOP reps being excluded? Why is the entire thing super secret and behind closed doors?

Please...just because you find a turd on the internet doesn't mean it needs to be smeared on the walls of other websites.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
Being that this isn't an actual impeachment inquiry, no he isn't. It takes an impeachment inquiry from the judiciary committee for it to be obstruction. This is nothing more than a dog and pony show. It's laughable at best.

Pathetic really how easy it is to fool the gullible Left into believing that the Dems are actually going to be able to remove a duly elected President.

Because that is all they are really trying to accomplish - fooling their idiot voters into believing and then repeating (like OP has done) that Trump is actually being impeached. Therefore leading the dumb to believe he will be removed.

They know their voters are uneducated and stupid . I'd call them sheep but that would be an insult to sheep.

Sheep are more intelligent than the average Democrat voter is at this point.
edit on 10-10-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
question for he left

what does

Co-equal mean??

does that mean it's only one way

or is it both ways??

Oversite does not mean investigate.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Sidestepping the laws and rules that govern the impeachment process is a constitutional crisis, and a violation of the seperation of powers.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I agree. If the House had an actual committee investigation from the Judicial Committee where both Democrats and Republicans on the committee were working to bring forward evidence and hear testimony from witnesses who had their proper counsel with them, etc., and then the White House was openly refusing to comply ...

It would possibly be an impeachable offense.

But ...

That isn't what's happening.

edit on 10-10-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

You can't twist documentary evidence like text messages from the people involved.

You can when you leave out all of the context that shows the extreme bias and falsity of the ones you cherry picked - as these did.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Sidestepping the laws and rules that govern the impeachment process is a constitutional crisis, and a violation of the seperation of powers.

It's only a crisis when it fits their political agenda.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I agree. We will have to wait until the guy confirms what he said under oath during the impeachment,

Yeah, on that... interesting that the demwits haven't even called Taylor to testify, isn't it? Wonder why that is?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
It takes an impeachment inquiry from the judiciary committee for it to be obstruction.

There is no Impoeachment Inquiry without a vote of the full house. On that, the Constitution is crystal clear - although admittedly you actually have to know how to ready, with comprehension.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: willzilla
"Being that this isn't an actual impeachment inquiry,"

Why do you believe that?

Because The House of Representatives has not officially started one yet?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The process is that the House a) investigates

We're still waiting on this first step to be taken. So far, all that is happening is a few radical-partisan-democrats have engaged in childish nonsense.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Political agenda is all that matters. If not, then the House would have put their hatred for Trump aside and began legislating to their platform. You know...doing what they were voted into office for...enact change that was promised during campaigns.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Political agenda is all that matters. If not, then the House would have put their hatred for Trump aside and began legislating to their platform. You know...doing what they were voted into office for...enact change that was promised during campaigns.

The saddest part of all is that the American people are not sick of this partisanship, they cheer it on. While it's more evident for liberals, it's true for both sides.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I take umbrage with this, the "OLD" Democratic party may have, However, the 2018 election for Democrats was to impeach Trump and Nothing else.
so NO the Democrats are doing what their base wants.

it's just their base is insane!!
edit on 10-10-2019 by thedigirati because: don't watch TV and type, it causes confusion.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
history.house.gov... reply to: Sookiechacha

There ya go.

Here is more. history.house.gov...
edit on 10-10-2019 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Broad brushes tend to lose any hope for detail. And squeaky wheels tend to make the whole cart sound loud.

I know a lot of Democrats. Most of them I can discuss politics with without hearing the hysterical shrieking for impeachment. None of them are willing to march in the streets or share anti-Trump meme's ad nauseum.

In my experience its mostly mentally ill people who act so obsessively and fearfully. The vast majority of the public is more interested in making insulin affordable.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I have a deep anarchist streak in me, and i'd be lying if i didn't say i was amused at the back and forth on all matters regarding Trump.

Then the other side of me that is a fan of our libertarian values that founded our nation is pissed off and what is happening.

The problem is that most Americans who participate in the nonsense seem oblivious to what psyops are, and how badly they are under its spell.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The fact is, if Trump was breaking any laws by blocking these subpoenas, then there absolutely would be a vote to impeach. They have nothing. They aren't even real subpoenas. Otherwise, his side could subpoena anyone they wanted too. See how that works?
edit on 10-10-2019 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join