It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winds 50 mph now!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, the winds are blowing 45mph to 65mph tonight now. (no drone action AT ALL!!).

Winds came up out of the blue. Cold front coming in....SNOW!!

Temps have dropped 24 degrees F in minutes. Worried about the trees.

In any case, SNOW....bring it ON!! I LOVE Fall!!

Supposed to have 1-2" tomorrow...Im all good with that!!
edit on 10/9/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

brings the deer down the mountain...been out 2 weeks lookin for a buck and a bear in oregon...

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I had to wear a jacket today, almost caught a chill.

So we're almost the same.

(Good luck!)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

yeah we have had crazy wind and early snow in montana east glacier got over 4 feet so far and its barely october

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCo45wboy

I was out on a boat on night, my boat, taking it across Lake Erie. It was a 24' foot center console sport fish, absolutely unsinkable. We got into about 18' foot waves and could see the bottom in between the crests. I was never more scared in my life!!

We were cutting waves at a 45 degree angle, and we made the marina eventually. BUT, then we had to bring another guy's boat over to the same marina.

I've heard about "black, angry water" before, but what we saw that night was crazy. We probably hit bottom about three times, and the wind was crazy. We'd see waves pick up and there would be open sand at the lee of the wave! Full reverse and we'd get enough water to continue. It was crazy. We'd be backing up a wave to get enough water to surf down it.

That was a tough day!!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I get into boats with a life vest, floaties, and I eat beans the night before so I'm naturally "floatie".

Water is unforgiving.

Nature is unforgiving.

It's why I am retiring in Wyoming.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You are getting our weather from last night, my friend.

We were spared the snow (Spokane got that crap...wind damage as well), but it is unseasonably cold. The horses are wearing their blankets tonight...

We are planning on buying two extra cords of wood for this winter... the climate models say this is gonna be a cold one.

I feel like a Stark... waiting for the white ravens to show up...
edit on 9-10-2019 by madmac5150 because: It's cold

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Please send it South! We are burning up down here!!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Man, I've had two bulls fighting all day for three days. One of them is not mine. Torn down fences and all manner of destruction between these two.

Tonight, Jack, (our bull) is laying with his cows down by the feeders and the out-building. Thank GAWD!! I've spent 3 days trying to keep this bulls off each other!! I figured for sure we'd have some other steers and bulls as visitors, but we got the fences fixed so nothing yet. But, it's stormy out. We could have some visitors yet.

I just worry about the calves and the momma's. Jack can hold his own (at 2,400 lbs). Jack is very protective though. He protects his wimmins!

The wind is crazy tonight, and it's going to be worse tomorrow. It's a crazy storm starting tonight!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

What kind of vehicles do you guys got? You got a fav for this weather?

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Winds 45 mph now, gusting to 70 mph.

Our weather station is going crazy!

Temps dropping like a rock!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

What kind of vehicles do you guys got? You got a fav for this weather?

Two Subarus and a couple of F-250/F-350 Super Duty turbo-diesels, some tractors, ATV's, a skid-steer and an old F-150 ranch truck.

We're..."All Weather...ALL the Time!"...we have to be.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Man, I've had two bulls fighting all day for three days. One of them is not mine. Torn down fences and all manner of destruction between these two.

Tonight, Jack, (our bull) is laying with his cows down by the feeders and the out-building. Thank GAWD!! I've spent 3 days trying to keep this bulls off each other!! I figured for sure we'd have some other steers and bulls as visitors, but we got the fences fixed so nothing yet. But, it's stormy out. We could have some visitors yet.

I just worry about the calves and the momma's. Jack can hold his own (at 2,400 lbs). Jack is very protective though. He protects his wimmins!

The wind is crazy tonight, and it's going to be worse tomorrow. It's a crazy storm starting tonight!

We definitely got spared of the worst... but, with the cold, we were out counting beaks (and bills) this morning. Our birds are in their autumn molt... I wasn't as worried about our ducks, but the chickens were a concern. So far, so good. Tonight will be significantly colder, and windy... fingers crossed...

The goats and ducks are fat... no worries. The horses have their blankets, and a shelter...

The alpacas will be fine... they are wearing alpaca wool sweaters

We always seem to lose a few birds, during our first cold snap... this is about 6 weeks early, so we are concerned.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Our biggest challenge is mud. When it freezes and snows we can clear everything pretty well, but when it thaws we get MUD. We live several miles off the paved County roads, so when we get mud it's chain-up time...and that's a pain in the ass!! The only way to get through deep, slick, mud is chains...and chains are an absolute PITA to deal with, both on and off!!

ETA - That's one of the reasons we got the Subaru's. They'll get through the mud better than our trucks...without chains! Subaru's are AWESOME!!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

So the Subaru’s are your favorite then?

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Strange, we never lost any chickens to the cold. We had a few get frostbite on their combs, but never lost any.

Our biggest issue with the chickens was coyotes. That's why I have coyote skins on my walls!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So the Subaru’s are your favorite then?

Overall, I'd say "yes".

My wife liked mine so much she bought one exactly like it, same color, same car.

Subaru's are pure awesome! My Outback will go places my truck could never think of going! And it will do it all day long. My truck can haul WAY more, but the Subaru will get you home when no other vehicle can. Seriously!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Nice, thanks. I have heard like tons of people that they are great vehicles when needed most but I have never been in a weather situation while in a Subaru.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Nice, thanks. I have heard like tons of people that they are great vehicles when needed most but I have never been in a weather situation while in a Subaru.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Subaru's are ALL that and WAY more!

I can't say enough about these vehicles!

ETA - They have this "Symmetrical All Wheel Drive (AWD) system which will get you out of frame-deep mud every time. It's awesome on ice and snow. There's no other car which can do this, and we have Audi's too (and they are the other true AWD system with the Quattro, but they can't hold a candle to the Subies!!) Snow is no issue for a Subie...they just eat it up and you go down the road.

I don't like their target market demographic, but the cars are fantastic!! I was shocked the first time we got one!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join