It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War: Can China take Russia with 200 million men?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
yeah i think china attacking russia would be a stupid and senseless decision.like previous people have said most of china's weapons are based from russia's weapons and russia's weapons still are ahead of china's weapons.also russia would control the air with it's highly trained pilots and advanced air fighters.even with 200 million, i doubt china would be able to take on russia.might have a chance in the future though...

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Xavierrouge]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
To ellaborate further on what others have said about the troop numbers...It's simply impossible to field 200 million men, especially for an invasion force. It's really impractical to have a military larger then a few million. You couldn't organize, control, supply, or feed an army of that size. China's economy could in no way afford to launch an invasion on Russia, let alone with those numbers. An invasion is very costly, and China's economy, while powerful, certainly isn't strong enough to afford a long drawn out war in Russia. That's especially true while they rely on foreign investment, which I'd think would be quickly cut off with any attempt.

Technologically the Russians are still the superior to the Russians. The T-98 is better than any current Russian tank, but is still very few in number. The Chinese only havea few hundred fourth generation planes, the rest are mostly useless. Most of China's airforce, navy, and air defenses are built up near Taiwan (at least I think they are), as well.

Moving troops across the area you talk about is no easy task, either. China's army lacks real mobility at this time. There's no way they could move millions of men across Russia.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
lol i like the quote from "Spider-Man"

But i think that if China attacked Russia the US would actually back Russia. Russia is obviously dwindling in terms of Power around the world, not saying they aren't powerful, just saying they are steadily going down. Now, with that said, China is gaining on America, so why on EARTH would the US help China acquire someone else's territory and become stronger overall? I think America would help Russia take down China so that way the US doesn't feel any heat from anyone in terms of Super Power's, and it becomes evident, again, that the US is way above everyone else.

That is atleast how i see it!

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
All i'am going to say is 2 words, which should close this thread down.

Napoleon and Hitler.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The nuclear redlines wrt Siberia are very clear. It is Russian nuclear policy that any conventional attempt by a foreign power (read: China) to take Russian territory will be met with nuclear retaliation. The Russian economy is completely dependant on the exploitation of territorial resources for economic development, and CIS countries as a whole for Russias strategic energy needs.

The concurrent modernization of the Russian missile and most obviously, her airforce is to gear toward the long-range precision strike (i.e. nuclear) doctrine, while modernizing point defense aircraft to be equipped with long-range stand off anti-air and -ground munitions points to this as well

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
China will invade nobody.
They only attach someone when/where they can say:"You, Are, Nobody".

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius
Agreed... at the moment I think an invasion of russia is the last thing on chinese minds.

If I recall correctly russia and china recently sorted out their border disputes so I can't for the life of me think why they would invade or try a land grab.

China is sorting out all border disputes with all neighbouring countries...India and russia esp...
IMO China is poising itself to become a "better country" in international opinion and possibly working to the russian propagated concept of a Indo-Sino-Russian alliance..

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

All i'am going to say is 2 words, which should close this thread down.

Napoleon and Hitler.

They were both on the verge of victory, and lost because they weren't prepared for the weather, and were outnumbered.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
China lost in 69 NOW in 2005 Russia has lot more Tech and weapons, so China will REALLY lose now, I mean you guys don't understand military planning in order for China to move 200 Million troops they would first have to knock out Rus's Satalites in space 200Million is a very hard to miss spoting by satelite.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There is no country that could invade Russia successfully.
The US and Russian cold war shot these two nations decades ahead of the rest of the world militarily. Although Russia hasn't been a domanant economic power for some time, they still contain a military that can only be matched by the US. In reality the US and Russia are the only real world military powers. Irregardless of China's boom economically, and advancement in tech,.......they still have alot of major strides militarily to compete with the big boys. Numbers don't mean a lot when you are dealing with superpowers that are highly experienced, extremely well armed, dominate nuclear wise, and contain high tech airforce and naval powers unmatched by the rest of the world.

China is making great strides, but could not withstand the defenses and counter strikes of a war with Russia

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread, but I believe nobody brought this up: modern China has a one child policy! The Chinese government won't go on a total war with the risk of massive casualties unless there is a really good reason, or they will face internal revolts. Imagine the unrest when hundreds of thousand of Chinese parents lose their only child.

What reason would China have to invade Russia?

Blobber

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Carburetor
There is no country that could invade Russia successfully....

How about the Mongols? They did where Hitler and Napoleon failed.

Blobber

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
China and Russia both could be taken, with only two men. Study the art of war by Sun Tzu, along with military science and you will see how.

It's not bragging, if it's true.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
China and Russia both could be taken, with only two men. Study the art of war by Sun Tzu, along with military science and you will see how.

It's not bragging, if it's true.

Yeah, weapons of mass destruction. Sun Tzu would be proud.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

What are you talking about, weapons wouldn't even be used. Military science is a magazine, sorry if I didn't clarify that, not many civilians read it.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

What are you talking about, weapons wouldn't even be used. Military science is a magazine, sorry if I didn't clarify that, not many civilians read it.

So then what did you mean exactly? That weapons would not be used because those two men would avoid that kind of confrontation all together?

Yeah I figured you literally meant military science and not a magazine called Military Science.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't think it would be easy to take out Russia. They have quite the harsh environment. Hitler and Bonaparte couldn't do it so I don't think that China can do it now. China's economy is still a baby, and it takes a lot of money to properly train and supply 200 million people.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Why? Life is more than pure military strenghth. It's comprised of diplomacy, economics, politics.

The U.S. and China are very close ECONOMICALLY. We trade constantly. Now, if they did, one day, decide to just invade some countries, what would happen? The U.S. would step it up.

It would be world war three - and neither side would win.

It would become a stale-mate militarily.

However, this will never happen because the U.S. has China in a lock and vice versa, at the moment anyways.

-wD

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Most of the opinions posted here tilt towards the conclusion that China wouldn't be able to successfully invade Russia, and I think I tend to think that way too (regardless of the fantastic nature of such speculation).

To summarize, (a) impossible logistics for the Chinese (b) vulnerability of large concentrations of troops to nuclear and conventional attack from the air (c) Russian air superiority -- they would pulversize the invaders with air force alone (d) if push comes to shove, Beijin and Shanghai will be nuked, and that is finita la comedia for China. China, on the other hand, has very modest chance of penetrating the Russian air defences with ballistic missiles.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Does China have any NUKES ? just a question ?

If they do then i guess nobody would win would they.
It would be an equal waste land

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join