It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Drones now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Finding the cattle is hard sometimes. We've got lots of terrain and some deep draws. The wife bought me a drone a year ago and I haven't used it that much, but I'm using it now. It's just a Phantom 3 Pro, but it works pretty damn good for going and finding the cattle.

I can in-fly a mile or so into my neighbor's pastures to find my animals. I can also over-fly all of our pastures which are hard to reach by truck/car.

I guess some of the newer drones are better, and I'd like zoom, but this one works pretty damn well. I can also herd the cows with this drone. They don't like it, like it's a big bug. I can move them from one pasture to another just by forcing them in a direction..

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Sigh.....I always hate it when they think it's "fun" but don't know what's REALLY happening.

Sorry to tell you, but the wife has you pretty much training your replacement.

Once the drone can do everything, you'll be given the boot.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I can also herd the cows with this drone.

I don't personally know anything about drones or herding cows.... But what you just said, sounds like a whole lot of fun to me.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I can also herd the cows with this drone.

I don't personally know anything about drones or herding cows.... But what you just said, sounds like a whole lot of fun to me.

It's fun until they're your cows, and you can't find them, and then it becomes "work".

And then, depending on the situation, it can be even more work to separate everyone! At least with the drones you can find everyone faster. Then you can plan on your next move.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I don't know jack about round up but I could loan ya my drone to make it less work, more fun.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Finding the cattle is hard sometimes. We've got lots of terrain and some deep draws. The wife bought me a drone a year ago and I haven't used it that much, but I'm using it now. It's just a Phantom 3 Pro, but it works pretty damn good for going and finding the cattle.

I can in-fly a mile or so into my neighbor's pastures to find my animals. I can also over-fly all of our pastures which are hard to reach by truck/car.

I guess some of the newer drones are better, and I'd like zoom, but this one works pretty damn well. I can also herd the cows with this drone. They don't like it, like it's a big bug. I can move them from one pasture to another just by forcing them in a direction..

I thought you had the drone in 2017, you told a story about a hawk attacking it.

🤔

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I bought a cheap drone once.

It came with a video game controller, so being a gamer I thought 'ive got this' a minute later I nearly got a Darwin award.

These drones can save lives, there are many pilots that lose their lives herding from chopper crashes, you would know so the is no danger to a crew.

And they are better suited to a large station than cattle dogs (sorry woofies)

Always remember, don't drink and drone.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

You're correct. The same one. I just never use it. I keep forgetting about it. I'm so used to doing things the old fashioned way, I just go on autopilot. I forget I have that tool now.

new topics

top topics

join