It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Turkey attack a diversion ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Been watching news about Turkey attacking Syria like most of us.
It seems weird that Erdogan who has somewhat absolute power in Turkey these days will attack Syria, which sits right there next to Israel, to do that to get space to refugees which has come to Turkey.. to relocate them.
Russia has water route from Crimea to Mediterranean Sea through Istanbul, Marmara Sea and Dardanelles Strait and Russian navy is continously using that.
Russian Rosatom has won the license to build second nuclear plant in Turkey and is finishing just up the first one there
Rosatom Turkey
If US remove their nukes from Turkey and pack their backpacks cos of this conflict the first nuclear plant is ready to build bombs in Turkey ( with Russian help)
It is a well known fact that Erdogan wants revive Ottoman´s empire
Erdogan Ottoman´s empire

Is Turkey actually going for Israel and Jerusalem as there are 3 important cities in Islam Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem..

What do you think ?

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think the bigger picture is that Turkey (Erdogan) told Trump they would be conducting air raids and if he didn't want US tropps in danger he should move them out. That would have left Trump no choice at all but to retreat. Further, I would not be at all surprised if Erdogan is taking advice from US Citizens counselling him.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Trump has shown allegiances to Israel and the Saudis already. What we are witnessing right now is once again the US and Russia working together in a twisted neoliberal global coalition to create the next step for Russia to get back on their feet from the fall of the USSR.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Could be as simple as Erdogan threatening to take Trump's name off "his" towers in Istanbul. Trump himself has said he has a conflict of interest with Turkey.

Want to keep your name on those two beautiful towers Mr. President? Just get those troops out of Syria...

Link

Trump is a puppet. With multiple hands controlling him, it seems. His actions just don't make sense otherwise.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

I think they do not care about him what comes to Syria conflict, he has always been mouthful and less actions. So i think Erdogan thinks it is his time now.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It is a VERY hard decision for Trump or indeed ANY president of the US.

Turkey is an ally and member of NATO but has moved away from the west since Erdogan took office there and closer to the Russians with whom the Turk's have always had an animosity in the past since even before communist time's, indeed the British once saved them from invasion by the Russian Empire in the Crimean war (the Germans were our ally in that one but later as you know they were on the side of Germany in WW1 which turned out badly for them leading to the dissolving of the Ottoman Empire and in a kind of perverse twist they were once the big bad boogy man that terrorized and terrified Europe for century's - to be fair though that was the Ottoman empire and Turkey only really took on it's current identity under there hero general and founding father of there modern nation Ataturk whom turned there nation into a republic with secular ideology's), this distrust of the Russians made them an invaluable ally in the cold war years, they were also actually VERY good soldiers in the Korean war and indeed a former British army officer I once knew told me that he had visited a base were the Turk's had been attacked just that same day and despite this and the heavy battle that had occurred the Turk's had found time to clean up the site after the battle getting it Bristol fashion and ship shape so that there was no sign that the fierce battle had ever taken place.

But in Recent time's under Erdogan they have moved closer into alignment with the Russian federation and the Chinese even making friends among the rest of the Islamic world, they also suffered set back's with the EU which may have played into this.

The Turk's also have a long standing feud with the Kurd's whom have fought a guerrilla war with them for generation's and tried to force the Turk's, the Iranian's, the Syrian's and perhaps others to hand over part of there national territory to them so that they could establish there own state which they intend to call Kurdistan so from a Turkish Perspective the idea of a Kurdish controlled region forming a virtual independent nation on there border is a great concern - both sides have there point's, there justifications and there hatred of one another - think about the Kurdish regions of Turkey as having been like Northern Ireland was for the British with no go zone's and the need for constant military patrol's which were frequently attacked and as sad as it may be since many Kurds are genuinely lovely people in themselves the tradition of violence has been a never ending circle of hatred and revenge on both sides of this argument.

So Trump is left with a dilemma, a very serious one, back up the Kurd's and risk alienating the Turks' and driving them even closer to the Russian's, Chinese and Iranian's OR concede the play and not play his hand at this particular game of card's and let the Turk's have this one even if it does have serious humanitarian consequences since if on side then Turkey will do the job of regime change in Syria for the US if more for it's own reason's and likely this will then cool relations between Turkey and Russia but perhaps warm them back up with the rest of NATO especially the US restoring them to be being onside with the US foreign policy in other matters if not particularly the plan the US had in there interventions in Syria.

Then there is the political problem's at home with his decision's with some trigger happy people wanting him to take an aggressive stand and even fight the US former Ally Turkey - whom are not as rag tag as the foes the US has faced over the last several decades but have there own modern army, air force and arm's industry's and very well trained military personnel that put the rest of the Islamic world to shame since they are very much more of a first world nation with a hybrid first world near eastern economy and interests on both sides of that ancient dividing line that separates the west from the east.

It is an impossible situation because the US does not win if it goes either way, perhaps therefore it is better to get Turkey a former friend and ally back on there side than to back up the Kurdish militia and then to allow the Turk's to perform that regime change in Syria for them, meanwhile since the ball is now firmly in Turkey's court they will also have Russia Lobbying them to ensure there interests in Syria do not suffer and they may very well for concession's with Turkey end up allowing or even forcing that regime change themselves which may create a potential back door path to shared interests with the US - Eventually - or could blow up and back fire on the west entirely if it goes to pot.

edit on 9-10-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

1. Obama tried to overthrow Edrogen.
2. Edrogen said F off USA
3. Turkey snuggled with russia (which is an absolute first)

4. Edrogen has been pretty concrete on his f USA and went with russian weapon systems ( a first)

5. Kurds have a "homeland" in Iraq.

6. Kurds (mostly communist - sorry) have been attacking Turkey from Syria.

7. Why do we care that communist attack TUrkey, a NATO member.

8. Issue solved.

personal - dont care about Edogen because he thinks the Ottoman Empire should be restored. However Turkey is a very powerful country in the reason so playing their game is advantagious.

The last crew didnt think so because they were all giddy with their power.

edit on 9-10-2019 by Fools because: power

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I think the bigger picture is that Turkey (Erdogan) told Trump they would be conducting air raids and if he didn't want US tropps in danger he should move them out. That would have left Trump no choice at all but to retreat. Further, I would not be at all surprised if Erdogan is taking advice from US Citizens counselling him.

You know how I know you're not an American?

Because you just explained and justified our president "retreating" and you are totally ok with that. First of all, an American would never word it as retreat and would never be alright with it, and second would never accuse our president of it or defend one for doing so. Inherently un-American.

All of this stinks to high heaven. The act itself and the shoddy defense of it.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Flagg dad....you said nukes....dude it's in Scripture big as dogsnot.....he he
Magog is a little war at Israel from Russian and Iranian folks with a hook in their jaws
Its not the Armageddon war.......Bible says that Israel will use the leftover fuel for 7 years to burn......and that 1/6th of the bunch is sent home but the bodies are burried far off east of Jordan almost. And that no tools or material will be touched or reused........and that persons seeing some material will mark the spot but not touch it.

Portable nuke powerplants....
edit on 9-10-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

originally posted by: UKTruth

You know how I know you're not an American?

Because you just explained and justified our president "retreating" and you are totally ok with that. First of all, an American would never word it as retreat and would never be alright with it, and second would never accuse our president of it or defend one for doing so. Inherently un-American.

All of this stinks to high heaven. The act itself and the shoddy defense of it.

The first indication to most of us is the UK in his name, but I guess some people are slow.

So you are a war-loving leftist who loves to intefere in the business of a sovereign nation so much that withdrawing a few troops is an un-American act? Good to know.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The countries mentioned in Ezekiel are about to have a base in Syria to launch that war from.Wouldnt want to be in Damascus when Israel strikes back,IIRC it's supposed to be reduced to rubble in less than a hour at some point.
a reply to: GBP/JPY

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

It is a VERY hard decision for Trump or indeed ANY president of the US.

That's why such decisions need to be made by professionals.

The armchair iliterati (Dems in this case) can sit back & squawk all they want.

If they want to sit in the chair that gets to make those decisions all they have to is win the next election.

Until then they would do well to STFU since that will definitely damage their chances to do the above.

How they can not see this is truly perplexing.

I assume there are at least a few minds on that side of the aisle, n'est pas?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I think:

Erdogan is leaving only Diplomatic channels to remain open with the West... giving the impression that Turkey is going to withdraw from the Nato Bloc

Turkey is deliberately setting itself up to be face-to-face against Iran & the Iranian proxy Armies in Syria (also Lebanon-Gaza-Iraq) ~ Turkey will not be antagonistic towards Russia by attacking the Kurds in Syrian Lands...but Will be thumbing the USA as the Kurds were USA Allies for many years of fighting the ISIS-IS-AQ Sunni Radical Jihadists

the Idea the Turks are Projecting is that 'they' might ally with Russia in the Very near future...
Turkey is just Leveraging-the-Trumpster

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Its a good move, trump is a wild card.
edit on 10-10-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

The other factor to bare in mind is this.

Isis were selling stolen oil to Erdogan, his son is directly implemented in this, in exchange for money and weapon's which Erdogan was supplying from Turkey to Isis he was getting very wealthy indeed this way.

Erdogan is also not as popular in Turkey as he was and many Turk's now realize that jeopardizing there secular state for a leader whom claimed to be an Islamist (and worried the rest of Nato and the EU because of this) was a mistake as he wanted to rescind many laws and rights within Turkey in order to implement his own version of Shariah there.

He has already shown himself to be no friend of the west and even if this can be turned around to our benefit which is rather unlikely I have to say he show's no sign's of cosying up to the west any time soon, the EU are also furious over his attack on the Kurd's and the fact that it will mean a fresh wave of refugee's flooding Europe as they flee from the Turkish Aggression in the region.

We looked set to have peace at long last in that region, perhaps not the stable peace we wanted but peace enough to stem the tide of refugees and also not the peace that Erdogan wanted.

Indeed one of his recent air strikes in Syria was upon a prison ran by Kurd's holding Isis fighters so he was trying to set them free, not the act of a good or justified man in any one's book.

Then factor in Iran's recent more militaristic action's and threat's to the gulf states specifically Saudi, the region was always a tinder box but it is looking more like a major war is going to erupt there some time soon, Turkey may well end up in an alliance with Iran and this will create a new eastern power block that while it will not rival the first world powers yet will be a dangerous turn of event's especially with nuclear arsenal's on the table as well.

Like I say there is a level of justification on both sides but Turkey is playing a regional politics game here that will affect and further the destabilization of the region severely, like I also say Erdogan is a behind the scenes friend of Isis and always has been so he is not ever going to be our friend - in fact I would go so far as to say he is no real friend of Turkey itself just a power hungry man that want's to rule that nation for a very long time indeed.

edit on 10-10-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join