It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta - the Nobel prize winner

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: fernalley
a reply to: Jay-morris
Perhaps that is why I would not take a CO2 seeing child with mental health issues seriously and putting her on a pedastal is just disturbing. But then again the psychedelic drug pusher co founder of Extinction Rebellion certainly has their cult members as well.

Again! How the hell does her condition stop her from caring about the environment? If you had children with the same conditions, would you stop them doing something they are passionate about?

If the answer is no, then please do not have children!

Good grief. I have adult children. We live and work in a oil producing province with a more pragmatic outlook than the fear mongering that is going on here. In my opinion the UN is ramping up its rhetoric after having spent the Climate Fund money ,wanting a refill plus a top up from doner countries and is ,as well, going broke. They reek of desperation and have not raised nearly enough to meet their Agenda 2030 goals either.
They are the ones pushing this agenda and now using children

What the hell does that have to do with her conditions?

We will always get deniers, in pretty much everything. Thats just the way it is! I mean, there are still people out there that believe HIV is harmless, and does not cause AIDS. No matter what you say, or evidence you give them, they hardly listen.

Mostvdeniers will stay deniers.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Why no one takes Greta seriously and why she doesn't deserve the Nobel for "saving" the planet. At least these two have done far more for it than she has.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Why no one takes Greta seriously and why she doesn't deserve the Nobel for "saving" the planet. At least these two have done far more for it than she has.

So it's her fault also that some people believe she should get the Nobel peace prize?

Seriously?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It is generally given to those who "have done the most" to advance peace, etc. Arguably, those two have done more to advance peace through saving the planet than she has.

All she has done is give a cranky speech and inspire global unrest.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It is generally given to those who "have done the most" to advance peace, etc. Arguably, those two have done more to advance peace through saving the planet than she has.

All she has done is give a cranky speech and inspire global unrest.

Absolute rubbish! she is doing what she thinks is right! If people want to hate her, like her, then that's up to them!

But bringing crap like this up is just stupid!

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

You talk about mental illness as if you have extensive experience with it. I believe you do.

There are literally thousands of unique conditions, each of which have varying degrees of effect. In combination they become even more diverse and unique to the individual. Your claims are broad stroke BS. For every so-called functional person you can produce I can produce one that is institutionalised, and for good reason.

You do NOT know this person. You do NOT know the extent of her conditions or her capabilities. As an example, I met a young man once through a friend. He was very much what you would expect from a normal young man, except for one thing. For some reason he simply could not grasp the concept of value. If you told him a stick of gum cost $1000 dollars, he would believe you. If you told him a Ferrari cost 50 cents, he would believe you. Though me may be able to function in a variety of circumstances I would not put him at the cash register in a store. Nor would I send him out to do the weekly shopping. How does your opinion apply to him?

In short, you have no idea what you are talking about yet that does not seem to stop you. Blindly adhering to idiotic narratives will do that to you.

Have a nice diurnal anomaly.

You are talking absolute rubbish! And using her conditions against her! Again! Please show me how this is not good for her? Show me how her mental illness is suffering because of what she is doing!

Evidence is not "I met a young man once through a friend"

Please show evidence, and not talk rubbish!

At least I am talking about people I have met in real life and have personal first-hand experience with. What do you have besides the desire to prove I am wrong? Nothing.

This child was absolutely rabid attacking a room full of adults for something she does not fully understand. That behaviour alone is enough to suspect that either something is wrong or she is being used by her parents to further their agenda. She was practically in tears growling about her stolen childhood. Does that sound like its helping her?

Please, get your head out and stop this BS.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You talk about mental illness as if you have extensive experience with it. I believe you do.

There are literally thousands of unique conditions, each of which have varying degrees of effect. In combination they become even more diverse and unique to the individual. Your claims are broad stroke BS. For every so-called functional person you can produce I can produce one that is institutionalised, and for good reason.

You do NOT know this person. You do NOT know the extent of her conditions or her capabilities. As an example, I met a young man once through a friend. He was very much what you would expect from a normal young man, except for one thing. For some reason he simply could not grasp the concept of value. If you told him a stick of gum cost $1000 dollars, he would believe you. If you told him a Ferrari cost 50 cents, he would believe you. Though me may be able to function in a variety of circumstances I would not put him at the cash register in a store. Nor would I send him out to do the weekly shopping. How does your opinion apply to him?

In short, you have no idea what you are talking about yet that does not seem to stop you. Blindly adhering to idiotic narratives will do that to you.

Have a nice diurnal anomaly.

You are talking absolute rubbish! And using her conditions against her! Again! Please show me how this is not good for her? Show me how her mental illness is suffering because of what she is doing!

Evidence is not "I met a young man once through a friend"

Please show evidence, and not talk rubbish!

At least I am talking about people I have met in real life and have personal first-hand experience with. What do you have besides the desire to prove I am wrong? Nothing.

This child was absolutely rabid attacking a room full of adults for something she does not fully understand. That behaviour alone is enough to suspect that either something is wrong or she is being used by her parents to further their agenda. She was practically in tears growling about her stolen childhood. Does that sound like its helping her?

Please, get your head out and stop this BS.

So, which one is is? She is a brat with mental illnesses, or she is being used by her parents and the powers that be? You fanatics cannot seem to make up your mind.

One thing is clear though everything you, and all the others say, has no evidence to back it up what so ever!

Are you saying a 16 year old girl should not be passionatte about this? Or are you saying she was "rabid" in getting her point across becsuse she is clueless and being used?

One thing is for sure, you fanatics do not care, as long as she is looked at in a bad way!

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I believe Greta will win the Nobel prize - probably for taking victimisation to new heights. She claims her childhood was stolen from her. She is right. It was stolen. But not by climate change. This child has been radicalised and weaponized by her own parents.

I can hear it now....

You have destroyed my life by giving me this award...

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Are you saying a 16 year old girl should not be passionatte about this? Or are you saying she was "rabid" in getting her point across becsuse she is clueless and being used?

She should be passionate since we only have less than 12 years left.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What's your point? Is she to blame for that too? Fanatics seem to be blaming her for everything at the moment!

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

What's your point? Is she to blame for that too? Fanatics seem to be blaming her for everything at the moment!

Please explain where her age and mental conditions and her autism somehow make her arguments and passion on an issue somehow more justified and moral than anyone else in the world so that we must somehow listen to her over anyone else who makes the same damn arguments?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Please explain where her age and mental conditions and her autism somehow make her arguments and passion on an issue somehow more justified and moral than anyone else in the world so that we must somehow listen to her over anyone else who makes the same damn arguments?

Did I say it should? I said she can function pretty much like anyone else ehen it comes to this. Her conditions do not make her less passionstte, less intelligent, or am I wrong?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

My point is she is passionate, but she also has handlers to feed on that passion. Those handlers have agendas well beyond what she wants to do or the message she want to put out.

BTW stop with the "fanatic" name calling, it doesn't help you in the least and leads you down a path of logical fallacies that is typically used when you do not have much substance.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

My point is she is passionate, but she also has handlers to feed on that passion. Those handlers have agendas well beyond what she wants to do or the message she want to put out.

Yeah, I keep on asking people to provide evidence for this, and not one person has! I wonder why!

BTW stop with the "fanatic" name calling, it doesn't help you in the least and leads you down a path of logical fallacies that is typically used when you do not have much substance.

Well the fanatic group ( which I am sure you are part of) just cannot make up their mind!

She is evil, mentally retarded, working for big companies, is an actress, working for the new world order blah blah blah

Then some will say she is being used by her parents first, then everyone else. Do if this is correct, then this is not her fault at all, but the fanatics saying this, still hate her and say hittible things about her.

But their is one thing all these fanatics have, and that is they hate her, and obsessed with her. The threads on here alone tell you that.

Oh, also these fanatics have no evidence to back up their crap! All belief!

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Fatboy Slim ft. Greta Thunberg:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Look, we're just saying she's no more or less extraordinary in any way than a lot of other people in the world.

And we continue to criticize her message because we think it's wrong in many ways.

People like yourself have made her some sort of untouchable sacred cow because she is what she is, and that was the intent of plucking her up out of the masses of similar people who are passionate about the issue all along.

Don't you ever wonder why *you* weren't chosen? I'm sure from your frothing responses here that you're just as fanatic about this as she ever was.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Look, we're just saying she's no more or less extraordinary in any way than a lot of other people in the world.

And we continue to criticize her message because we think it's wrong in many ways.

People like yourself have made her some sort of untouchable sacred cow because she is what she is, and that was the intent of plucking her up out of the masses of similar people who are passionate about the issue all along.

Don't you ever wonder why *you* weren't chosen? I'm sure from your frothing responses here that you're just as fanatic about this as she ever was.

Please tell me how I am one of the ones who made her some sort of untouchable sacred cow?

Because I am sticking up for a 16 year old, who is passionate about the state of the planet, that means I am one of the ones who made her some sort of untouchable sacred cow?

Because I shoot down people who throw abuse at her, and stick up for her, then I am part of the problem lololol Do you know how ridiculous you sound with that statement?

I think it's not to the fact that people like you cannot handle the fact that a 16 year old girl is trying to make a difference. And yes! Jealousy is part of that, which is really sad!

Why should I be chosen? lol Again, you are missing the point here. So, I am a fanatic because I am sticking up for a 16 year old girl?

Every single person on this thread has a reason why they hate her. Mentally retarded, working for big companies, working for the NWO etc etc

What do they all have in common, absolutly no evidence to back up their stupid claims, and if people disagree with them, then they throw in things like "made her some sort of untouchable sacred cow"

All for sticking up for a young girl, and the abuse she is getting for wanting to make the world a better place!

Absolutly ridiculous!

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

a reply to: Jefferton

My point is, I think you will be hearing it a lot more in the future...

That's because people have turned her into a living martyrer.

This is so true.

And for or against, they're all still giving her and whatever agenda attention.

Want to know who...? Maybe not even with her consent or knowledge she is being backed by those who use her to advance their agenda. As always, follow the money.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Jealous?

Hardly.

I am disgusted by the fact that we can't debate the topic because you think if we try that we're abusing the messenger.

You want to know why I think you've made her a sacred cow? Because you've spent this many pages arguing that we disagree with her message because she's 16 or autistic or we're making fun of her etc. and not just because we disagree with her approach which is to scold us like she's our parent and tell us "How Dare You!" while proposing no actual solutions to what she perceives to be the problem ... and they want to slap a Nobel on her for that.

I gave you two examples of climate workers, one who started at her age, who are doing more for the perceived problem than she is, and all you did was deflect without even acknowledging the two still going off on how I'm simply attacking her.

You're as bad as anyone who told me I only hated Obamacare because Obama was black.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Jealous?

Hardly.

I am disgusted by the fact that we can't debate the topic because you think if we try that we're abusing the messenger.

You want to know why I think you've made her a sacred cow? Because you've spent this many pages arguing that we disagree with her message because she's 16 or autistic or we're making fun of her etc. and not just because we disagree with her approach which is to scold us like she's our parent and tell us "How Dare You!" while proposing no actual solutions to what she perceives to be the problem ... and they want to slap a Nobel on her for that.

I gave you two examples of climate workers, one who started at her age, who are doing more for the perceived problem than she is, and all you did was deflect without even acknowledging the two still going off on how I'm simply attacking her.

You're as bad as anyone who told me I only hated Obamacare because Obama was black.

You are talking absolute rubbish! And I do think there is jealousy there, no matter what you say!

I do not give a crap if she gets the Nobel peace prize, that's not the point! The point is, you say about the people turning her into a sacred cow, but then we have people like you, who are just as obsessed with her, to the point where it's creepy!

All I have done is stick up for her regarding the fanatics, and pretty much everyone one of them who have come on this board with their BS no evidence beliefs, I have shut them up!

Is this about saving the planet? It's more about sticking up for a 16 year old girl who cares about the state of the planet, and is passionate about it!

You have posted BS after BS with no evidence to back up your stupid claims. So, if I had to guess, I think you are jealous, hence the reason why you and others are obsessed with her!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join