It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta - the Nobel prize winner

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ManWhoWasThursday

A heavily and professionally programmed autist who has been manipulated and had this concept hammered into her to the point where she really believes the world is in great danger of being destroyed. I do not blame her nor do I feel anything but pity for her. She's not in control of herself nor did she have any say regarding choice of her fixation. Her parents and her handlers, however, are utter scum and are guilty of child abuse.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Many have.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Jesus...

Kids doing what you never or could do as a kid...

They can set their goals as high as they wish.

Stop bashing kids trying to stand up for what they think is right.

The problem I have with her is that I see nothing particularly remarkable about her or her passion or even her fluency in the climate cause to mark her out over many other kids more or less just like her.

And yeah, they exist by the hundreds of thousands thanks to climate curriculum in the schools and endless climate propaganda over social media on the TV. She is in no way remarkable over plenty of them.

But she was picked out to go speak at the UN, so she is suddenly better and more wonderful and a Saint like Joan of Arc whom we all dare not criticize whose cause we dare not speak against because she is somehow 10,000x smarter than any adult who has rambled off the exact same climate ravings that she has and we never thought them particularly wise or informed either.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But she was picked out to go speak at the UN, so she is suddenly better and more wonderful and a Saint like Joan of Arc whom we all dare not criticize whose cause we dare not speak against because she is somehow 10,000x smarter than any adult who has rambled off the exact same climate ravings that she has and we never thought them particularly wise or informed either.

Honestly I think your post (even aside what I cut out to respond to) was fair and has merit.

But many are taking it past criticism, and they're going for low blows.

I've said it before, I don't want to see new laws or the government play thought police... But it's simply not healthy for adults to get triggered over kids to the point of saying crazy things about them. I had the same opinion with how much of society spoke of the Covington Catholic boys, who's situation was very similar. Their parents raised them that way and even had them in a private all boys religious school. Many acted like they had no right to voice their opinion (whether that was taught to them, or they genuinely believed it).

Truth be told, too many in fringe politics take it too far when they say certain things about kids. It's just not healthy. Disagreeing with them, and pointing out how they may be factually wrong is quite all right, but I don't think eluding to they "deserve whatever comes their way" is socially acceptable.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yeah, except the Covington Boys didn't say anything and didn't seek the stage. They were thrust on it by a set of circumstances outside their control. I don't blame them for fighting back though. Cancel culture was going to destroy and has more or less destroyed their life because a single old man created a perception of them and the media picked it up and ran with it without verifying any of the facts of the situation based on the headgear of one boy and assumptions made based on demographics of the groups involved.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Just one day without that name.. Just one day.

Is that so much to wish for??

Ultra-conservatives have been groomed to such a degree that no, no they can't collectively go a day without reaching qanon levels of gibberish over a teenage girl.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

Ultra-conservatives have been groomed to such a degree that no, no they can't collectively go a day without reaching qanon levels of gibberish over a teenage girl.

ORANGE MAN BAD

We had good teachers in how to do this.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

Extremists have been groomed to such a degree they'll react to whatever "news" cycles gives them.

I remember twitter had masses calling for the red hat wearing "nazi" teenage boys to be punched and attacked. Honestly, I haven't seen as much calls for violence against Greta, but maybe that's because the social media platforms actually see it as distasteful against her.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Thought she was up for Piñata of the year...

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

Apparently, her effigy was hung off a bridge in Italy, and we are supposed to be weeping, wailing, and gnashing our teeth in mourning for the poor, poor child as though she was actually hung. I'm sure her fragile psyche has been irreparably damaged ... assuming anyone actually told her anything about it.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

yep it's all for the children, and the adults that put the cash in their pockets.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is why kids and adult should eat at different tables.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of Greta per se, but I am appalled by those that advocate or at the least take a permissive stance on violence or the threat of violence directed at a child.

That is still wrong whatever the reason.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: manuelram16

Apparently, her effigy was hung off a bridge in Italy, and we are supposed to be weeping, wailing, and gnashing our teeth in mourning for the poor, poor child as though she was actually hung. I'm sure her fragile psyche has been irreparably damaged ... assuming anyone actually told her anything about it.

Apparently you have no idea what a Piñata is, or how it's used and for what purpose.....

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Why... WHYYYY did you have to post that. Now it's gonna be stuck in my head and remind me of my sister and best friend's 5th grade graduation

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

She's not a 'prize winner' of any kind accept for crazy as a loon thanks to her parents.

She and Hogg are going to team up and create the Antichrist - wait and see.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Greta - the school skipper.

The only thing she should win is a repeat of the school year she has neglected and of course -

The flagrant prize - this one shes a shoe in.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why... WHYYYY did you have to post that. Now it's gonna be stuck in my head and remind me of my sister and best friend's 5th grade graduation

Hey, I was part of a nationally known children's choir that had to sing the kids part of the duet with several well-known adult acts for three years.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
As someone who is a high-functioning autistic person myself, I find her unnerving. Like being on a bus with someone talking loudly to no one. I'm glad she's fading from the news cycle.

As for the message, she and the other kids who have taken up the "make adults fix the planet" cause should just wait until they personally face the challenges of being an adult in the 21st Century and need a car to drive to work or maybe want a hamburger. It's also insulting to adults who really are trying to find realistic ways fix the planet, and are having a slow go of it because no matter what, it's going to take a long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join