It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan hitting civilian targets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
: jhn7537

Good luck getting anyone to trust you next sh#t storm that arises, not good to abandon your friends/allies

I really believe Trump doesn't understand what that is..allie/friend, just understands what someone can do for him.

There's a difference between a real ally, and a association of convenience.

We have maybe 4 allies that matter.

This basic conflict in the region has been going on for generations, and I don't see light at the end of the tunnel.

What are we supposed to do? Be there on an open ended basis? Force other nations to give up territory to create a Kurdish state?

To all the pundits wringing their hands over this. Explain the end game, and I will listen. Otherwise it's a waste of blood and "gold".

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There are about 1,000 U.S. troops in northern Syria, and a senior U.S. official said they will pull back from the area — and potentially depart the country entirely, should widespread fighting break out between Turkish and Kurdish forces.

And you have to take this into consideration ...

The Kurds have custody of thousands of captured Islamic State militants. They include about 2,500 highly dangerous foreign fighters from Europe and elsewhere — their native countries have been reluctant to take them back — and about 10,000 captured fighters from Syria and Iraq.

So if these guys are all released have we really defeated ISIS ?

edit on 10/9/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Trump moved 50 troops that were with Turkey.

I mean, hell, I know the American soldier is awesome, but 50 guys against the Turkish Army?

Maybe 55.

But not 50.

That's one giant misleading statement. Since when are those troops not supported by the rest of the military complex including minutes away air support.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Makes perfect sense to me. And apply that to Saudi Arabia as well. Good for the goose is good for the gander.

Trump is now making hay with the'' we are not the policemen'' jargon, which is fine, if that is the policy. But that policy should be across the board.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Makes perfect sense to me. And apply that to Saudi Arabia as well. Good for the goose is good for the gander.

Trump is now making hay with the'' we are not the policemen'' jargon, which is fine, if that is the policy. But that policy should be across the board.

Like the way hillary was treated equally??

How about Podesta, should he be in jail right now, ya know to be equal

Do you live in a vacuum or have the memory of a goldfish?

Oh thats Democrats I forgot.

equal treatmment, huh.
edit on 9-10-2019 by thedigirati because: slipped in my own ice

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Apples and oranges. The Kurds don't have a resource (oil) that the world depends on.

You may say that shouldn't matter, and in a perfect world, it wouldn't, but that's reality. To think otherwise is naive.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: DBCowboy

There are about 1,000 U.S. troops in northern Syria, and a senior U.S. official said they will pull back from the area — and potentially depart the country entirely, should widespread fighting break out between Turkish and Kurdish forces.

And you have to take this into consideration ...

Okay, we have 1,000 troops, we could take on a NATO ally with that.

Lets bomb NATO!

oorah.

The Kurds have custody of thousands of captured Islamic State militants. They include about 2,500 highly dangerous foreign fighters from Europe and elsewhere — their native countries have been reluctant to take them back — and about 10,000 captured fighters from Syria and Iraq.

So if these guys are all released have we really defeated ISIS ?

We defeated Nazi Germany in 1945, and yet. . . in 2019. . . . there are still Nazi's.

Go figure.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Apples and oranges. The Kurds don't have a resource (oil) that the world depends on.

You may say that shouldn't matter, and in a perfect world, it wouldn't, but that's reality. To think otherwise is naive.

well R.O.I. is not stupid.

Think of the R.O.I the US gets from the UN...

22% Nice

oh we PAY that much.....

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Us being in Syria wasn't being the world's police. We were there to stamp out and ISIS and did, with Kurdish help. Now ISIS will return for certain and we won't have any on the ground intel to know what they are doing.

Not to mention the Kurds being wiped out.

Hell we could have left 20 of our guys there, let the world know it and no one would screw with them for fear of all out war. Trump must certainly have a deal with Turkey.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

We were there to stamp out and ISIS and did, with Kurdish help. Now ISIS will return for certain and we won't have any on the ground intel to know what they are doing.

It´s already started according to the middleeasteye.

Camp holding thousands of Islamic State suspects thrown into 'chaos', says Kurdish official

The Turkish assault on northeast Syria has prompted Islamic State group-affiliated women and youth in al-Hol's camp to attack guards and start fires, a Kurdish official told Middle East Eye.

Kurdish-held northeastern Syria has been on high alert since the United States announced on Sunday it would leave the area in anticipation of a Turkish offensive.

Over the three days since the US announcement, chaos has broken out in the teeming al-Hol camp, Mahmoud Kro, an official that oversees internment camps in the Kurdish-run autonomous area, told MEE.

Some 60,000 people suspected of being affiliated or linked to the Islamic State (IS) group, the majority women and children, are being held in the camp.

Al-Hol detainees attack guards and start fires as Turkish assault begins

As the attack will continue i am pretty much sure that the Kurds will not be able to policing the camps since they will be busy to defending their self from the Turks.

Peace

edit on 9-10-2019 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
It's all going to plan.

Russia, turkish and Assad relations are strong. Trump and Putin are buds, take the US out of Syria let Turkey run wild, Assad gets his full power, whether the Kurds die or not.

First hurdle got out of the way in 2016. Putin wins again.

This man gets it...

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

must be nice to live somewhere and not pay your fair share huh??

I wonder why folks that wont pay their fare share always feel so superior.

delusion is wondefull.

Hows that shell oil paying anyways????

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Erdogan hitting civilian targets

Make Genocide Great Again.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

as part of NATO ..NATO can be blamed for it ... cant believe this criminal organisation still exist
seems there only go is to epand the USA as history has proven

the annexation of northern Syria by an NATO partner is unacceptable !
and an by other NATO partners granted genoside of the koerds speaks for them…

ohhh sorry it were the russians /china/ Nk ect... who did it lollllllllllll

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The Netherlands condemns the Turkish offensive in northeast Syria...

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Double
edit on 9-10-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Ignatius reported on Tuesday, however, that Turkey's pending invasion of Syria would be a grave threat to any stability in the region and was part of a Russian collaboration. "I'm also told that Turkish attack appears coordinated with the Russians," he tweeted. "Russian-backed forces are mobilizing to invade the Kurdish area from the south — towards Tabqa and other spots. Meanwhile, ISIS is mobilizing sleeper cells in Raqqa and attacks have taken place tonight."

Russian coordination and Russian-backed forces, according to Wapo columnist Ignatius.

This move is Putin's wet dream.

WE

Twitter

"And finally there is the scary issue of the thousands of ISIS detainees and families, who may be breaking out of camps and prisons after Turkish attack--with NO American back-up plan," Ignatius said. "This is a major disaster coming at us because of Trump's decisions. Hours left to stop it."

Stupid, dangerous move.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What I'm confused with is, Erdogan stated that this offensive was to take our terrorism on their southern border, to bring stability to the area.... Now, does that statement mean the US was protecting terrorists or what, because they weren't going in due to the US. Now that the US is gone, they go in immediately...

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Shush!

The Kurds are our allies. Hate Orange man. Moar war pleeze.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

yep they called the turkisch ambassador for an andswer… while shipping ammo to there navo partner... hahaha

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join