It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Heal America or Not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
There was a recent political acid test, that really shows if people want to heal America or continue in the social tribal war that is infecting a good portion of America. Ellen hung out with George Bush at a football game, and then defended being with people and friends that hold very different political perspectives when she was savaged on social media. Many people condemned her for it, interestingly Tulsi Gabbard agreed with her.
When two more very left leaning actresses defended her, they were condemned as well being told to delete there support for her on Twitter, the left eating their own because they wondered off the echo chamber group think.

Now I am not a fan of George W Bush by any means I despised his Presidency after 9/11. But really it has come down to people that want to see America heal and those that want to promote intense hatred for another political class...because they have a different opinion.

Those that have sided with the hate and vengeance against half the country could take us to a very dark place if they gain full power in America.
We need more people like Gabbard and Ellen interested in healing America instead of further ripping it apart like some on the far left insist on doing.

And Trump isn't helping, but he is a Bulwark against the madness coming from the left, that's why people support him, voting and supporting a drunken monkey to stop even greater insanity, and that is pretty pathetic for America.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

If you need any explanation about whats wrong with the left...
Ellen is a perfect example....

She had to explain aka defend herself to her fan base for talking peacefully to a man that hasn't been in office for more than a decade.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I work and am friends with many hardcore Democrats at work. I actually enjoy "private" conversations about issues to get perspective. I enjoy honest conversations.

That said, there are a few "foam at the mouthers" that I have to avoid. You know the type, they will raise their voices in righteous anger if they hear something they don't like and try to make a public scene. These are the people that are zealots and will try and get you fired because you are not lock-step with them.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The political devide in the US at the moment...

"He started it"

"No, he did!!"

Keep pointing to one side and you'll be sure to never solve this.

Good luck America.

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is what cancel culture / virtue signalling does.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

You may be surprised that there are many things we agree on that need to be fixed.

Healthcare, Corporate Pharmaceutical Monopolies, etc.

Of course, unless you get perspectives / alternative viewpoints, you never see possible flaws or problems you can create trying to "fix" it. Kind of a devils advocate if you will.

I had thought about running for political office as a Liberal / Libertarian Democrat 20 years ago before the party was hijacked into crazytown.

edit on 9-10-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So in that sense the political devide is a tool to reflect and improve and people should embrace it.

From a far it would seem America is ready to rip itself apart if you go by the friendly remarks being thrown back and front even here on ATS.

Stay classy America...

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Stay classy America..

oh bub
we put the ass in classy....
from way way back
yankee doodle anyone?
we turn those intended slights back on those who would see us fall

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
like a poster said in another thread on this

"everyone already knows Ellen likes Bush"

why the suprise??

this was an apple comercial BTW

she wanted everyone to see her new phone......

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
like a poster said in another thread on this

"everyone already knows Ellen likes Bush"

why the suprise??

this was an apple comercial BTW

she wanted everyone to see her new phone......

her admitting to having a relationship with bush was priceless imo
the phone part was funny as well
the crap she has taken for such is inexcusable

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

There can be no healing for the simple reason that either one of the 50% refuses to submit to rule by the other. So for example, the MSM and the Democrats refuse to accept the Trump presidency as legitimate.

Likewise, Trumps base refuses to be ruled over by the likes of Tulsi Gabbard or Elizabeth Warren and many call into question the legitimacy of many elections Democrats win because of suspected voter fraud.

For all practical purposes the US is dis-uniting.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I can only hope that a lot of these leftist get red pilled. It is always interesting when people who generally lean left get cannibalized by the loonies over something innocuous. Bill Maher was recently smeared too.

I'm seeing it my crazy liberal town. A lot of people are starting to see how fascistic these nutbags really are. You can't have rational conversations or disagreements with them and still be cordial.

We just had elected official go on a tirade at a meeting over a "diversity statement." Two other committee members were discussing if the statement could be more specific about what is meant by "systems of oppression" and another board member got upset that two white men would dare ask for an actual definition of a vague statement. Basically told them at a public meeting their opinion didn't matter and they wouldn't understand because they are white men... mind you this is a white woman.

edit on 9-10-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

So for example, the MSM and the Democrats refuse to accept the Trump presidency as legitimate.

sounds like a personal problem
math is hard for some

Likewise, Trumps base refuses to be ruled over by the likes of Tulsi Gabbard or Elizabeth Warren

perhaps they should win an election first?
cart before the horse?

many call into question the legitimacy of many elections Democrats win because of suspected voter fraud

which wins were those, specifically?
I missed those protests somehow?

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well, one side can't be civil until Hillary gives them the all clear - they're just following orders.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

If you need any explanation about whats wrong with the left...
Ellen is a perfect example....

She had to explain aka defend herself to her fan base for talking peacefully to a man that hasn't been in office for more than a decade.

It's not a very well known fact but Ellen is the defacto leader of the Democrats in DC.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Nah, they just all share the same brain....

top topics

join