It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's Facebook post made 20 minutes ago regarding the Middle East

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hyperlexic
OMG BUT WHAT ABOUT THE KURDS.

LOL they never gave a shI! about the Kurds until now.. Never not once lol

Who's "they"?

It's unclear from your post...

(post by Riffrafter removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Sublimecraft removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: hyperlexic
OMG BUT WHAT ABOUT THE KURDS.

LOL they never gave a shI! about the Kurds until now.. Never not once lol

Who's "they"?

It's unclear from your post...

Everyone that is all of a sudden so worried about the damm Kurds.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Firmly behind President Trump on this.

We do not belong there.

Just ask any parents here that lost a husband, wife, son or daughter.
Ask any parents over there that lost a husband, wife, son or daughter and young children in "collateral damage".

A time for America to de-fuse the war machine. Period.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: watchitburn

Some people have bitched for years about how many civilians are being killed by the military just being there and now the same people will bitch that the military abandoned the civilians by leaving..

No one wants more wars. It's not about bitching about anything.

You can't bomb people's countries and just peace out.

The issue is not us leaving, the issue is that oh great leader gets up and leaves because of a tantrum.

You should have bitched when trump decided to put boots on foreign soil, not bitch about people bitching because trump doesn't have a contingency plan, he fired the most militaristic savvy personnel.

We don't want more wars as much as we don't want armed forces to just up and leave after decimating a country.

Trumpets either pretend to be as dumb as dear leader or are as dumb as dear leader.

So why did we go in , in the first place?

My question:
What was Trump doing in 2003 when Hillary voted to invade Iraq and murder innocents based on a lie about WMDs?

Your answer:
Trump invaded Iraq, he is to blame for all wars and all death - ever. I don't need proof, or logic, I have 'my truth'.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

He is right on this one. I have been a huge critic of Trump so far but he nailed this one. With this impeachment talk hanging over his head maybe it has motivated him to focus on the real enemy of the state.

If he keeps this up he will get my vote(I never thought I'd say that)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

i agree with most of what he said but,
when you ask for and give help to a ally, you don't bail on them in their time of need after they bled with you and lost more troops in the region. it is a pissy thing to do.

edit on 9-10-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

i agree with most of what he said but,
when you ask for and give help to a ally, you don't bail on them in their time of need after they bled with you and lost more troops in the region. it is a pissy thing to do.

49 Countries formed the infamous Coalition-of-the-willing that invaded Iraq & consequently started this whole mess. Everyone loves to ignore that little inconvenient truth.

Are you implying that the other 48 countries are exempt from any responsibility in Turkey murdering Kurds and that all Kurds that are murdered by Turkish military action is Trumps fault because he wants to leave the worlds biggest sh!thole and focus on domestic issues?

48 countries + the US = 49 countries.
49 - 1 = 48
48 countries are responsible for the murders of any Kurds, not Trump......and certainly not Turkey. Lets completely ignore Turkey because orangutan man bad.

WHERE THE FLUCK IS THE UN?

*CRICKETS*

Clown world indeed

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Are you implying that the other 48 countries are exempt from any responsibility

no i'm saying that the U.S. is better than that, or should be. here are a people that the whole world has took a dump on when the greed of land and and territory after WW I took what they gave them away. the U.S. fought a war for independence and should above all know what the Kurds are going through. sh@@hole or not.

In the early 20th Century, many Kurds began to consider the creation of a homeland - generally referred to as "Kurdistan". After World War One and the defeat of the Ottoman Empire, the victorious Western allies made provision for a Kurdish state in the 1920 Treaty of Sevres. Such hopes were dashed three years later, however, when the Treaty of Lausanne, which set the boundaries of modern Turkey, made no provision for a Kurdish state and left Kurds with minority status in their respective countries. Over the next 80 years, any move by Kurds to set up an independent state was brutally quashed.

Who are the Kurds?

does that sound like any or maybe two or three other peoples in the middle east. i say yes.

edit on 9-10-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

the white UN helmets make targeting too easy..🚬🚬

Oh was I not suposed to give it away?????🧧🎪🎃🎃

do they do anything other than abandon weapons???🏸🏸

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

wait just a minute, you are saying that the USA should be "better than that"

Do you also feel borders for the USA are racist? just wondering if you also want lots of illegal immigrants filling the USA?

see they should not be looking for their own country, Syria should be feeding and clothing them, for free, like the USA does for our neighbors.

why should Syria get a pass? why can't they live up to our morals?

where is your outrage?

Oh.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

?

do i see sarcasm in that post, i think i do.

just so you know, i'm all for legal immigration, even giving aid to those that do so when they need help getting started.
unlike some countries that require proof that you can support yourself before you can legally live there and become a citizen.

but just hoping over a fence and squatting no.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

have you ever been a lifegaurd at a pool or beach?

dealing with countries is like saving people drowning

sometimes, to save someone, you actually have to knock them out

that is really part of life gaurd training.

Sometimes, you have to swim away to save your own life.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

the us administrations since carter? www.nytimes.com...

Whoever was to blame, an American guarantee was dishonored. An ethnic group that wanted only to speak its language and pursue its cultural traditions, as an autonomous region under the Iraqi flag, has since been systematically uprooted and dispersed. The totalitarian state of Iraq has driven hundreds of thousands of Kurds out of their homes. Thirty thousand Kurdish pesh rnerga (“those who face death”)—Mulla Mustafa's followers—were reported to he In concentration camps. Amnesty International has the names of 389 hostages—innocent wives and children of rebel soldiers now fighting once again in the hills—who have been jailed by Iraq, without medical care, in defiance of anybody's idea of human rights. Mulla Mustafa, now 75 and ill, is in America trying to call Mr. Carter's attention to the plight of his people,
so this from waaaay back in the day

and newrepublic.com...

U.S. geopolitical engagement with the Kurds began in earnest in the mid-1970s. The Americans and Israelis had brokered a deal with the Shah of Iran to permit the establishment of a large autonomous Kurdish enclave in Northern Iraq, which could help antagonize Saddam Hussein’s regime in Baghdad. (The Kurds had already rebelled against Iraq several times in the 1960s, conflicts that left tens of thousands dead and made refugees of hundreds of thousands more.) But, as The New Yorker’s Dexter Filkins has noted, the Shah and Hussein struck a peace deal in 1975, and the new Kurdish stronghold was ultimately left unprotected. The Iraqi army immediately sent the Kurds to ground. This tragedy, Filkins wrote, left an indelible mark: The name of Henry Kissinger—who as Gerald Ford’s secretary of state and national security advisor oversaw the U.S.’s disengagement—“is known, and reviled, by nearly every Kurd.” The Kurds’ de facto leader later wrote an unnerving lament to Ford’s successor, President Jimmy Carter: “I could have prevented this calamity which befell my people,” he said, “had I not fully believed in the promise of America.” By 1988, near the end of the Iran-Iraq war, Hussein initiated the “Anfal campaign,” a genocidal offensive against the Kurds that killed perhaps 100,000; Iraqi units were ordered to bomb indiscriminately “in order to kill the largest number of persons present” and execute any prisoners between the ages of 15 and 70. Arguably the worst of these attacks occurred in Halabja that year, a town bombarded with mustard gas and nerve agents, making Iraq the first known state to use chemical weapons against its own people. An estimated 5,000 people, many women and children, died in that strike. Throughout the Iran-Iraq war, the U.S. had long known about Hussein’s chemical attacks, tolerated them, and even provided targeting information used by chemical units (against the Iranians, not the Kurds), all because he was their bulwark against Tehran. As Bush’s predecessor, Ronald Reagan, once wrote into the margins of a Pentagon intelligence report: “An Iranian victory is unacceptable.” But three years later, as U.S. armor repelled Hussein’s soldiers from neighboring oil-rich Kuwait, President George H.W. Bush suddenly rediscovered the Kurds as a possible check to Baghdad’s power. “The Iraqi people should put Saddam aside, and that would facilitate the resolution of all these problems,” Bush said in early March of 1991, as U.S. victory seemed imminent. Believing that Bush had their backs, Kurds in the north and Shi’a Iraqis in the south launched uprisings against the Saddam regime. But the U.S. did not have the Kurds’ backs. Despite their territorial gains and open call for Hussein’s arrest, the American commander, General Norman Schwarzkopf, did not advance to Baghdad; instead, he negotiated a settlement that permitted Iraq to use helicopters for logistical purposes. The Iraqis instead used helicopters as gunships, raining steel and chemicals down on Kurdish positions, killing thousands and displacing many more. The U.S. more or less looked the other way as Kurds fled for safety under a no-fly zone in the north. “We don’t think that outside powers should be interfering in the internal affairs of Iraq,” State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said at the time.
so sadly far from the first ,does not make it any better but sadly par for the course for how the usa has treated the valiant kurds

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

UN should be protecting them but they are broke and cant even pay their staffers apparently www.reuters.com...

He told the 193-member U.N. General Assembly’s budget committee that if he had not worked since January to cut spending then “we would not have had the liquidity to support” the annual gathering of world leaders last month. “This month, we will reach the deepest deficit of the decade. We risk ... entering November without enough cash to cover payrolls,” said Guterres. “Our work and our reforms are at risk.” The United States is the largest contributor - responsible for 22 percent of the more than $3.3 billion regular budget for 2019, which pays for work including political, humanitarian, disarmament, economic and social affairs and communications.
in the past decade or so the UN has turned toothless to stop the exact thing it was invented to stop

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lightdhype
You idiots are cheering on the literal end of the world. Betrayal after betrayal. We are spineless as a nation.
What does the U.S. stand for now? We should not abandon the Kurds under any circumstances and why were 15k Isis taken prisoner? They should have never left the battlefield alive. The Turks have a history of genocide just 100 years ago.Hope someone can get the orange man to reconsider -pause and think things through for once its important.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Can’t wait for all the radical leftists beg for more globalist wars

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychicCroMag

originally posted by: Lightdhype
You idiots are cheering on the literal end of the world. Betrayal after betrayal. We are spineless as a nation.
What does the U.S. stand for now? We should not abandon the Kurds under any circumstances and why were 15k Isis taken prisoner? They should have never left the battlefield alive. The Turks have a history of genocide just 100 years ago.Hope someone can get the orange man to reconsider -pause and think things through for once its important.

You’re emotionally attached to something that never should have concerned you

Just stop and have a think about what you just wrote

The Kurds were allies in an illegal globalist war where many elites lined their own pockets while people’s sins and daughters come home in boxes or not at all, the Kurds have began carving out their own little empire in the power vacuum ignoring yet more conflicts between Middle Eastern nations, and now you want the USA to spend many more trillions trying to stop the dominos falling... where does it end? How many more dead will satisfy you?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: Riffrafter
I thought this was classic in-your-face Trump. He posted this a few minutes ago on on FB:

The United States has spent EIGHT TRILLION DOLLARS fighting and policing in the Middle East. Thousands of our Great Soldiers have died or been badly wounded. Millions of people have died on the other side. GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY! We went to war under a false & now disproven premise, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. There were NONE! Now we are slowly & carefully bringing our great soldiers & military home. Our focus is on the BIG PICTURE! THE USA IS GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE!

He certainly didn't pull any punches on multiple levels.

Thoughts?

ahhh… I can't wait to see the media about face on war.... it's so beautiful. I know we are already seeing some of it... I just love it... All this hypocrisy eventually becomes in your face. a Regular Democrat living his life going to work being anti war then suddenly being told he should be pro war is gonna be confused as all hell, and most likely start researching.... Self Education is the key to our future victories.
The Left was never really against war, they were just against America and Liberty winning.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join