It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two people killed, one suspect arrested in shooting near synagogue in Germany

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
www.cnn.com... just breaking an attack on a synagogue in germany

(CNN)Two people have been killed, and one suspect arrested, in a shooting incident near a synagogue in the eastern German town of Halle, according to local police. "Several shots were fired," Halle police tweeted. It added: "Stay alert. We are investigating in the Halle area and are stabilizing the situation, until we have all (the) information." The incident happened in the vicinity of Humboldtstrasse, the same street as a synagogue, Halle police press officer, Thomas Mueller, told CNN.
seems a gunman showed up with a "machine gun" and tossed in a grenade and has killed two in germany dressed in cammo and drove off in a black VW before being captured at some point by police no motive yet and no description of the suspect

www.independent.co.uk... the independent says that police are asking people to be vigilant even though they have a suspect in custody as there was another shooting down the road

Halle police later said they were investigating "further information from the public" and urged people to stay calm. One victim's body was in the street outside the synagogue, while another victim was said to have been shot at a nearby Turkish kebab shop. A separate shooting was reported in the town of Landsberg, around a 20 minute drive from Halle Sources told Bild a taxi driver was injured after an attempted hijacking targeting his car.

Police have not confirmed whether the incidents are linked.

The Halle incident started at around noon local time (11am BST) on Humboldtstrasse, which houses a synagogue and Jewish cemetery.

Police did not immediately confirm local reports that a man had attempted to break through the door of the synagogue and then shot a passerby.

Some reports said the victim was a woman using a nearby tram stop.

An eyewitness told reporters at the scene that he heard an explosion at the Jewish cemetery, and that he saw the attacker use both a shotgun and machine gun..
so still new info coming out but in jumbled bits

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
from the independent link it seems the synagogue had security that may have helped out and it does seem a legit hand grenade and sub machine gun were used which seems very out of place for Germany but not exactly the first grenade attack Europe has had to deal with
few more links
www.cbsnews.com...

www.aljazeera.com...

One person was detained by police following the attack, which German media said took place outside a synagogue during the Jewish festival of Yom Kippur. "Our forces have detained one person," the Halle police wrote in a tweet. "We remain alert, however. We have deployed forces in and around Halle and are trying to stabilise the situation until we have all the relevant information."
so still not much info but i think we would get updates in 20 minutes to an hour or so

edit there is video supposedly of the shooter engaging cops with what looks like a double barrel shot gun (putting out waaaaay more smoke then usual so perhaps some weird muzzle loader) no gore in the video but it matches the vehicle description www.youtube.com... wont embed but its only 33 seconds long and other then gun shots and dude walking around nothing too traumatic
edit on 9-10-2019 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

This sounds oddly familiar. Kind of like something that happened in New Zealand.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: scolai

yeah apparently the grenade was tossed into a cemetery not the church so thats good at least but from photos on other websites it seems the guy was dressed up in storm trooper attire (the nazi kind not the space ones) w either body armour or some kind of tactical vest and some kind of long gun(probably the smg) still not much info filtering out yet but as its in east germany and based on the photos seen so far im going with neo nazi as far as who the shooter was especially with a synagogue getting hit

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... daily mail is implying multiple attackers

Max Privorotzki, who heads the Jewish community in Halle, said the gunmen had attempted to enter the synagogue, but that security measures were able to 'withstand the attack'. He added that between 70 and 80 people were in the synagogue at the time of the attack. It is thought the attackers tried to flee in a taxi but were confronted by the driver and his wife, who were shot and have since been taken to hospital. The attackers are then thought to have tried to flee on foot before one of them was arrested.

www.thesun.co.uk...

After failing to get into the holy building he is reported to opened fire in the street - killing a woman stepping off a tram The suspect is then reported to have rolled hand grenades under the closed door into a Jewish cemetery. The device caused a loud bang, but caused no severe damage, according to one witness. Others said the shooter wore combat clothing and was armed with several weapons.
so perhaps not legit frag grenades but home made or like flash bangs? and we may have some kind of a motive

It came after a series of raids were carried out last night by police in connection with threatening far-right emails sent to mosques, political parties and migrant reception centres across Germany.
seems they raided some far right group over emails they sent
edit on 9-10-2019 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

sub machine gun were used which seems very out of place for Germany

Oh, I don't know. They were used by the Baader-Meinhof Gang and the Red Army Faction back in the 1970s and 80s. Rocket propelled grenade launchers, too. All depends on who is backing the attackers.

Cheers

edit on 9-10-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: r

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

guess they have a pretty vibrant black market for guns in eastern Germany old cold war stuff that was misplaced along with home made automatics w suppressors to well what looked like a black powder shot gun or at least a shotgun that put out more smoke then im used to seeing

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I don't know how it is currently, but I heard when the Soviet Army withdrew from the former East Germany, there was a booming black market trade in Soviet firearms.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

"Misplaced"......lol

Yeah, that's what happened....

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Sounds like perp was white.... This was NOT a failed terrorist attack, just a failed 'shooting'.

Terrorism is dependent on who is committing the act

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
One seems to be arrested, but there is still a warning up in Halle for more potential shooters.

Edit(1): Two persons in hospital for gunwounds. Culprits did try to enter the synagoge, fired shots at the door which withstood the assault. Situation is called an "amok status", while it seems to me to be more of a planned terroristic attack (at Jom Kippur).
edit on 9 10 2019 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
One seems to be arrested, but there is still a warning up in Halle for more potential shooters.

Edit(1): Two persons in hospital for gunwounds. Culprits did try to enter the synagoge, fired shots at the door which withstood the assault. Situation is called an "amok status", while it seems to me to be more of a planned terroristic attack (at Jom Kippur).

Agree. Someone running amok just happens to open fire on the Synagogue? Seems like a "convenient" place to run amok. Much more likely as you wrote, a planned attack.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

This one is definitely a right wing extremist by the looks of it and if i were a Jew, I wouldn't be living in Germany anyway because of exactly this type of incident!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

The perpetrators was white with far-right ideology, so tgis thread will die and it was mental health not terrorism!

Oy ve

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Oh man, my conspiracy alert isn´t stopping, there is so much wrong again. I followed the incident the whole day and heard that one potential perpetrator had an accident on the Autobahn and that they found weapons in the trunk of this car and that the driver was arrested. Around this time, some hours ago, another arrested perpetrator was reported. And now they say: Hey, it´s all right, it was just one perpetrator and we arrested him.

They were looking for at least two suspected perpetrators at two different spots, 15km apart. There were live reporters at both spots and while there was that incident at the kebab store(the first yt video you could see here) there was a reporter 15km further, in Landsberg. She said that they have been warned that they could be taken under fire by rifles.

Back to that yt video you could see here. The story is now that this perpetrator had a shooting with cops at that spot. You can see that he was hit, he lay on the ground for nearly a minute, you can see his arm behind the left rear tyre. Then he gets back into his car and drives 15km to Landsberg, as we are told now. Problem is that there was something going on in Landsberg before the "kebab" perpetrator could have reached Landsberg, the reporters were warned in Landsberg before that there maybe could be rifle fire.

Next curious thing is, if he had a shooting with the cops and they hit him, why did they let him go without stopping him, without following him? As they tell us he threatened somebody there with his weapon to get another getaway car, being shot all the time and not followed or stopped by the cops. Not to forget that the timeline doesn´t fit, remember the reporter that was warned before the kebab perpetrator could have reached Landsberg.

Don´t know if the reports just were unclear or if they are trying to hide several perpetrators.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
A link to the live recorded video, watch on your own risk:
link

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Posting this link is wrong. Thats exactly what he wants.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Posting this link is wrong. Thats exactly what he wants.

I understand what you mean and i was thinking about posting this link. But even his nazi brothers will hate him for being such a pathetic loser and such a cowardly son of a rat.

I posted it because it is evidence and everybody can do his own research with that video, compare this video to the story that is told to us, for example. I am at minute 28 now and i needed hours to come that far, i can´t remember when i was full of hate like i am now, or if i ever was.

Somehow there is always a police car in front of that synagoge like residents reported. They said that they wondered that especially today there was no police car parked there. Then this guy could run and drive around there for 21 minutes till the cops showed up. 21 minutes! One must know that eastern germany is known for rightwinger extremism, for neonazis, that whole 3rd Reich ideology seems to live there since it was born, in the heads of the people. And it is known that there are a lot of neonazis in the police, down there. Take that and the fact that they need 21 minutes to show up, that coincidentally today there was no police car parked for security of that synagoge. It´s hard not to think that there could be more to it than just pure bad luck.

For example, the first victim, the woman, confronts that guy with: "Does something like this have to be when i am running around here?" She didn´t say what are you doing there or why are you doing this. She must have seen that he tried to plant an explosive device at that synagoge, seconds before. She sees the gun in his hand, one at the wall. And all she says is something like: Do whatever you want but not when i am around here. Seems that she wasn´t a tourist or whatever, she must have known that this is a synagoge. I would have said anything else than what she said in this situation, it´s curious.

Uncountable cars pass the scene, see the body of the woman after this wimp shot her in the back, even people on bicycles cross. But he can do whatever he wants, shoot around, throw explosive devices, nobody cares. Except one man that stopped because of the woman on the ground. And the wimp tried to shoot this guy too. The man could jump into his car only because the wimp had problems with is gun. Instead of driving backwards and smash that wimp the guy fled, but i can understand that.

But i am really angry. Not only because of that fascist neonazi wimp, but because of the police there(21 minutes!!!), because of all the people that crossed the scenes(synagoge and kebab store), seeing what he is doing there and nobody tries to run that guy over with his car or to stop him somehow, while he has the next jam? There would have been so many chances to stop that guy after watching the video almost to the end. But it looks like nobody cared about a guy in full battlegear, armed to the teeth, trying to attack a synagoge, again and again. Nobody cares when he enters the kebab store, kills a guy there and runs around on the street, he even went back to shoot that poor guy again and again. When his gun jammed before he killed the guy in the kebab store, the victim and another man that could flee, hid behind two fridges. They could have stopped him with tipping over the fridge or even both fridges, right on that wimp. There were chjances to stop him, that makes me even more angry.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
sorry i was away from the thread so long my internet has been wonky and had to fiddle with router firmware

it seems the member who said this sounded familer was right on the money www.reuters.com... 888&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0ihalPJ3FZrpIufm9s8JBOKDtrWcrE3prZpAuL7yXKB6B_XI33SW8OeFg they streamed the shooting on twitch

Footage from shooting attacks in the German city of Halle on Wednesday was livestreamed on Amazon’s video gaming platform Twitch, according to a Twitch spokeswoman. Two people were killed in the attacks on a synagogue and a kebab shop and one suspect was arrested, but two others fled in a hijacked car, officials said. “We are shocked and saddened by the tragedy that took place in Germany today, and our deepest condolences go out to all those affected,” said Twitch spokeswoman Brielle Villablanca. “Twitch has a zero-tolerance policy against hateful conduct, and any act of violence is taken extremely seriously. We worked with urgency to remove this content and will permanently suspend any accounts found to be posting or reposting content of this abhorrent act.”
so like the NZ shooting but with much lower death toll

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
other then the guy being a nazi dbag do we have any motive yet? or is there any word on if they caught the other suspects yet? havent been able to keep up with stuff for hours here

top topics

<<   2 >>

join