It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Wall Update: 509 Miles Started

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kingparrot

Yes, there are some bad refugee stories out there... but for every one that the media splatters all over the headlines, there are probably 100 or more stories of someone paying their life savings to a smooth-talking coyote who then drags them across the border like they're a sack of wheat then sells them into what amounts to slavery... and that's assuming they live to see their fate. Many don't. They wind up feeding the scorpions and snakes, leaving their bare bones to glisten under a desert sun.

The way to stop this is exactly what you say: control the borders. How do we stop bank robbers? Not by passing a law; we can make bank robbing illegal, but people would still do it. We put bars around the vault, alarms on all the doors, alerts automatically sent to the police... and that's what a wall will do for these coyotes.

I'm not anti refugee or anti immigration. I want higher limits on immigration. But I want them to come through in an orderly process and contribute to the country instead of taking from it... live in it instead of die trying to reach it.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Ooh ooh a clearly staged photo, YAY!!!!!

I'm so impressed.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I agree with all of that 👍a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Hahaha Gotta love ATS. Where we beat them down with facts and make them look stupid with logic.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall."

All Congress needs to do to make that happen is pass the USMCA... then Mexico will slowly start paying for it through improved Trade practices, then once it is paid for, the rest is gravy...

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: kingparrot

I wanted a white picket fence!!

But seriously...it not up to me to be crïtical of that wall since it is not my country. I'm from Europe and we have mixed emotions about erecting walls to separate people but if a majority of Americans see it as a good sollution, good for them.

Peace

This wall is for keeping uninvited people out of our nation — not for keeping people from fleeing the United States. It has exactly the opposite raison d’etre from the Iron Curtain. Anyone can leave America as long as he has a passport, which costs $145. Then it’s up to the would-be emigre to find a nation to accept him as a permanent legal resident. At least a million illegal immigrants and asylum seekers annually violate our border with Mexico. That’s a pretty good justification for building a wall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join