It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Wall Update: 509 Miles Started

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
See you round like a rissole a reply to: operation mindcrime

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Lol I bet it gets defunded the second he is a lame duck.

Can't be done. Under 50 USC §1622, the law clearly states

(a) Termination methods Any national emergency declared by the President in accordance with this subchapter shall terminate if—
    (1) there is enacted into law a joint resolution terminating the emergency; or

(2) the President issues a proclamation terminating the emergency.

Any national emergency declared by the President shall be terminated on the date specified in any joint resolution referred to in clause (1) or on the date specified in a proclamation by the President terminating the emergency as provided in clause (2) of this subsection, whichever date is earlier, and any powers or authorities exercised by reason of said emergency shall cease to be exercised after such specified date, except that such termination shall not affect—

(A) any action taken or proceeding pending not finally concluded or determined on such date;

(B) any action or proceeding based on any act committed prior to such date; or

(C) any rights or duties that matured or penalties that were incurred prior to such date.
That means everything scheduled and planned is already a done deal. Termination of Trump's Emergency Declaration will not affect it. Congress cannot defund it. By law.

You lose.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
They probably win by having the wall there... some people probably just don’t want to admit or can’t see it.a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kingparrot

The leftists here were all about building a wall until Trump made it a part of his campaign. Then walls became racist.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

They probably win by having the wall there... some people probably just don’t want to admit or can’t see it.

Assuming you meant "will" instead of "win"...

I don't think anyone (OK, maybe a couple, but we can ignore the intellectually disadvantaged for this) thought the President of Mexico was going to cut a check to the US with "Wall" in the comments field. It's just a way to try and minimize Trump's accomplishment. The point is that the wall will cost nothing in the long haul because of the savings to the US not having to deal with a constant influx of illegal aliens clogging up the system and sponging off entitlement programs... not to mention cutting down the workload on the CBP. That will be a disadvantage for Mexico since they will no longer be able to strip the life savings from these Mexican citizens in exchange for helping them break US immigration law.

In that context, Mexico certainly will pay for the wall.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Your wall is so beatiful.

Its perfect.

So much winning. Go america

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Nope I meant ‘win’ ... you finished your post, the post I replied to with ‘you lose’. I meant even though they think they’re losing, with the wall being built, they’re actually winning.
Every country should have control over its borders. I’m not saying no immigration, or refugee admittance but a level of control is necessary. From what I’ve read, and I’m no expert, the southern border doesn’t have that control at the minute. Try the wall, why not. a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You might as well try praying.

Its probably more effective than this wall

But why not?

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
But I don’t buy into the ‘in that context mexico is paying for the wall’ rubbish. It’s USA dollars, own it. It’s a drop in the bucket. a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Ah, OK, I get you now. That "you lose" was in reply to the "I bet you," and almost an afterthought... my bad for not catching your meaning quicker.

You're right; there is as of now no control whatsoever on the southern border. Some areas are literally Wild West zones. I used to know a guy who had a ranch on the border. He was constantly at war with the cattle rustlers that would just waltz across the border and drive the cattle back. Finally, his head foreman, a close friend he had known since his youth, was killed by a gang of rustlers. He left the ranch and moved to Texarkana. There was no way for him to stop the rustlers.

This was in Texas. The Rio Grande where he had the ranch was so shallow that cattle and horses could cross it with no issue. And of course, there was no wall... no fence... just a strip of desert. I hope when all this is said and done he can get his ranch back... the sorrow in his voice when he talked about it was heartbreaking.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It worked against the mongols reply to: sunkuong

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It's all new. I don't know why the media gets caught up on that aspect. What is the point of building more of something when what is there is ineffective to begin with.

From my experience in the Army Corps of Engineers, it is best to demo what does not work and build a new system, not connect the new system to what does not work. It looks like they are mostly leaving the old system but not connecting to it.

The media saying, "oh, but that's not new wall blah blah" is nonsense. It's bran spanking new. New materials, new height, new more effective design. It's just a weak attempt to say it's not being built when they know it absolutely is being built.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

But I don’t buy into the ‘in that context mexico is paying for the wall’ rubbish.

That's the way I took Trump's comments.

In any case, I have been calling for a wall since the 1980s. It was promised then, in return fro Reagan signing a bill into law that would provide amnesty for everyone in the country illegally. He signed the bill, but Congress then reneged and refused to fund the wall. It has taken, what? 35 years or so and an arrogant President with no filter on his mouth to get it done? Best line item budget entry since George Washington asked for a pocket knife to whittle his new teeth if you ask me, regardless of who "pays for it."

God Bless President Trump! He may be a megalomaniac with an ego big enough to block sunlight to an entire continent, but dammit if he ain't getting the job done! MAGA!

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The majority of people don’t access to the raw emotion that you have. And I agree that would drive you to the edge. There’s some pretty bad refugee stories out there as well. But I still believe a country should have the right to control its borders.a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kingparrot

Just wanted to say that King Parrot is one of all time favorite bands.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Tremendous progress!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Call it what you want. I used to think it was a huge waste, but I changed my mind because I can't argue with results. Crime has dropped in areas where it has gone up as well as illegal crossings.

Comments like this is what gives me so much hope for 2020. SO many people come around with actual facts and results. It may take a while, but facts don't lie, the media does.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: JustJohnny

Lol I bet it gets defunded the second he is a lame duck.

Can't be done. Under 50 USC §1622, the law clearly states

(a) Termination methods Any national emergency declared by the President in accordance with this subchapter shall terminate if—
    (1) there is enacted into law a joint resolution terminating the emergency; or

(2) the President issues a proclamation terminating the emergency.

Any national emergency declared by the President shall be terminated on the date specified in any joint resolution referred to in clause (1) or on the date specified in a proclamation by the President terminating the emergency as provided in clause (2) of this subsection, whichever date is earlier, and any powers or authorities exercised by reason of said emergency shall cease to be exercised after such specified date, except that such termination shall not affect—

(A) any action taken or proceeding pending not finally concluded or determined on such date;

(B) any action or proceeding based on any act committed prior to such date; or

(C) any rights or duties that matured or penalties that were incurred prior to such date.
That means everything scheduled and planned is already a done deal. Termination of Trump's Emergency Declaration will not affect it. Congress cannot defund it. By law.

You lose.

TheRedneck

I think you made it move... I love this and I love you for saying it "by law you lose".... *heart eyes emoji*

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Finally...... haha. a reply to: LordAhriman

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Did you notice they didn't show them climbing the wall?
Just a pic of them sitting on the wall...
Wonder why?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join